Duros

Ziost

Nar shaddaa

Nal hutta

Hoth

Dagobath

Mannan

and many more

this mod will be the ultimate mod with a great story and many possible endings.

You pretty much mean Revenge of Revan, and even if they weren't making that, I don't know if they'd do all those planets. But RoR, I'm sure, has some of those.

You would be correct. RoR is supposed to be kotor III. Go contact logan23 for more details.

^Just because RoR is essentially a KotOR 3, it doesn't mean other people can't try and make their own total conversions!

That said iamyourdad, what you're suggesting is a MASSIVE undertaking, so you should make sure you get some good solid modding experience behind you before you even contemplate beginning so as to avoid disappointment when you find it too difficult.

So many mods have been abandoned and forgotten over the years simply because the modder didn't know enough and dived in at the deep end.

That said though, good luck!

^Just because RoR is essentially a KotOR 3, it doesn't mean other people can't try and make their own total conversions!

That wasnt really what i was saying. Im saying if hes looking for kotor iii then the best thing ive seen so far is RoR. Now iamyourdad, if you can pull of a mod like that then major kudos to you but you will definitely need a modding team.

Of course, there's also Trex's Knights of the Old Republic: The Jedi Masters 2.0 if you're looking foward to continuing the TSL story.

The link above leads to a newer version that's still a work in progress. If you want to learn about the original version - or if you must play something new right now - go here instead.

Revenge of Revan and TJM 2.0 are your only choices for a total conversion modification (at that level) at the moment.

you will definitely need a modding team.

Logan does the vast majority of his own work and Trex did all of it. Teams for projects like this don't usually ever work because people lose contact or drop out leaving the leader to do the work anyway.

Teams for projects like this don't usually ever work because people lose contact or drop out leaving the leader to do the work anyway.

I know what you mean. An example of this is Lordvader's total conversion, The jedi civil war 2. Execpt in that the leader dropped out and the team did too shortly after.

And proof that I know how hard it is to start with a total conversion mod is I myself tried to make one when I first started modding, and now that mod is added to the list of failed total conversions. (to be more specific, It failed in the first module.)

Logan does the vast majority of his own work and Trex did all of it. Teams for projects like this don't usually ever work because people lose contact or drop out leaving the leader to do the work anyway.

Lol, yea. Team Hssiss is more of a community now than a team. I am pretty much the only one working on the team projects lol. Teams never really work out.

Remember the golden rule for modding. Start small.

Hey,

Total conversions are large time consuming mods.

I believe people should look at more planet mods or expansion mods since the scope can be better controlled plus these are more likely to be finished.

If you or someone wants to make a large story mod just remember you don't need 10 plus planets where you visit them in a more open world design, ... You could easily make a multiple planet story mod and just make it more lineral in your path but give them a good deal of choices in how to deal with quests, and you don't need 10 party members..you could just have 4-5 and allow more deeper interactions.

What in saying is mod but make your own design layout.... You don't need to match kotor1/2.....you just need a good story and fun gameplay :)

Logan

Once i get some more modding experience i could start some thing like this however i would need someone to do textures.

and how would i do mustafar?

I might be able to help with the textures, im a skinner so it shouldnt be that different, right?

And also for Mustafar you could use the two Malachor surface areas and reskin them to resemble fire and lava. And maybe you could(if you have good model editing/creating skills, you could creat debris that you have to somehow clear out to get to a secret academy. Just a thought.

Once I get some more modding experience, I could start some thing like this. However, I would need someone to do textures. And how would I do Mustafar?

I might have a suggestion.

I might be able to help with the textures. I'm a skinner so it shouldn't be that different, right? And also for Mustafar you could use the two Malachor V surface areas and reskin them to resemble fire and lava. . . . Just a thought.

And using Malachor V wasn't it. After seeing it as Malachor V and in Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion, I think a third time would be overkill. Might I suggest you look at "Quanon's Sell Out" thread? He's offered the stuff he's already completed on it giving you a great head start. (Look under "Lava Planet" for the appropriate section.) A warning before you jump for joy however . . .

MOST OF THIS STUFF ISN'T FINISHED!!! YOU MIGHT AND MOSTLY WILL HAVE TO MAKE ADDITIONAL FILES TO GET IT WORKING IN THE GAME!!!

SO YOU'LL NEED TO DO THAT YOURSELF!!!

DON'T COME ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT IT!!! I WON'T RESPOND!!!

***WARNING***

Most of my 3D was made with 3Ds Max version 9 and 3Ds Max 2010. Older versions of Max might go "bonkers" on them or make them corrupt. So beware of that. In some of the zips you'll find PSD (photoshop files), I've used the CS4 version of PS to create them. Again - older versions of PS might not be able to open them.

Other then that enjoy!

So as Logan suggested, start small - with perhaps just one planet? Just remember to thank Quanon in the read me if you use his stuff.

Also realize that if you don't want to do the scripting for the mod, the mod will not go any where. The lead designer must also be the scripter as well as the world /level designer/builder. This is advice for anyone taking on any story mod project wither it be a planet one or expansion.

Also realize that if you don't want to do the scripting for the mod, the mod will not go any where. The lead designer must also be the scripter as well as the world /level designer/builder. This is advice for anyone taking on any story mod project wither it be a planet one or expansion.

Yeah i realize that. We dpnt even have our whole team yet and also im not the leader I just voice act,skin, and help write the story and dialogue( whole team should do that)

• 4 months later...

Archived