Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

My wife and i participated in this years Fitness festival. 3rd year in a row. Weather was cool, but nice this time. I did the 32 mile bike ride, half the route was on the Great River Road, which is once of the most scenic roads in the United states as it follows the mississippi river. My wife did a 5k walk. took me 2 hours and 20 minutes, and it took her one hour... shin splints and all.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw The Avengers in Digital IMAX 3D.

Recommended.

Especially in that format. The image was so clear, you could count Samuel L. Jackson's nose hairs if you wanted. Literally. You could see his nose hairs... And fairly clearly.

Thus ends the debate of a couple of years ago I had with Zarg... IMAX vs. digital projection... The winner is both, when combined. The 3D was pretty well done, but I could have lived without it.

The movie was OK... For an superhero team who have to save the world origins flick.

The effects were spectacular. The story and plot were OK... Better than most comic book films... Saving Chris Nolan's Batman films.

Thumbs up from me.

@cracken:

sorry to hear that man...

kinda glad mine broke up with me, i'm still confused as to why, and talk with her occasionally...nobody will ever care for her as much as i did. but eh, i got my heart fixed on another one, hopefully it works out, not doubting my abilities to get this one. not going to rush anymore relationships, then again i always say 'im not going to drink' the night before i get plastered. :joy:

got a painful rash on my ass from doing situps. it ****ing hurts. and i need to do them so i can get a good score on my apft. i dont mind doing them otherwise but that rash hurts!!!!

went running 2 miles again, same place as yesterday, downpouring rain was nice...ran it in 15 minutes and 47 seconds. i blame the mud puddles for the 1 second addon. (realized i typo'd yesterday lol...record i gotta beat is 15:46)

Big End-Of-Year Crew and Staff party at work.

We started the party just as the power in Boston went out again. For an hour. Pizza in the dark.

Seeing as I had brought the XBox games, my contributions to the party went unappreciated for a while.

Eventually, the lights came back on. We had a Darth Vader pinata. Can you say that about your work party?

I think not.

Darth gave up the goods after a single blow, however. I'm disappointed. I expected more from a Sith Lord.

Of course, then we did this to him:

62633_10150776966088461_591183460_9587984_1286383788_n.jpg

DARTH GAGA!!!!!!!

:joy:

578240_10150777124778461_591183460_9588165_852534818_n.jpg

541107_10150777135138461_591183460_9588171_1913193276_n.jpg

Guys, congratulations about May 9.

67 years ago our ancestors won us right to live. If somebody in your families fought on World War II or worked hard day and night to make defeat of Hitler possible, so now i drink for them! For health of that who is still with us... or blessed memory of that who leaved. We will never forget them and their glorious deeds.

Archived