Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**** my life......i think there is a girl at work that is interested in me, not sure how to approach that situation without feeling uncomfortable. she is pretty, but not extremely stunning (which could be a good thing i guess i dont know, she's not fat at least). should i initiate small talk or just say **** it and not even bother since i'm going to be gone for a year anyway? maybe i'm just picking up wrong signals. i facebook stalked and found she doesn't have children and she doesn't appear to be in a relationship...

think i'll end up just waiting it out and letting my crush fade away and focus on what makes me happy. after reading a buncha bs online articles how to get over a breakup, and reading forums about it (some people have it worse than me, so tempting to troll the **** out of those forums...)

i discovered why my last relationship did not work out...i focused too much time trying to keep the other person happy, while sacrificing my own happiness and enjoyment in hopes that by making the other person happy, i too would be happy. going to focus on what makes me a better person and what makes me happy, if girls don't want me for me, screw them, they're only missing out.

i texted this one i was interested in just chilling, and no reply at all back, so whatever. made myself a profile on a free match site to see if i'd get any hits, got 2 so far, 1 band lover that lives 2 hours away, and 1 that looks like she's 50 but her profile says 31, not attractive i almost thought it was a guy at first. lol the band lover is cute though, but that's too far of a distance for me.

i'm happy with my present situation...making friends in my unit and finding people that are just like me, i feel like that song 'somewhere i belong' by linkin park came true for me. honestly. :)

TOok my wife and her dad to the "Between the bluffs" beer, chese and wine tasting event here in La Crosse. Had a lot of fun, got WAAAAAY too drunk. Had some amazing beers. Even one where they roasted the head of a beer to make it tasted like a roasted marshmallow.

heh took 5 hours to do my take home final...got a month worth of laundry done, gotta retrieve it from dryer...

so glad school is almost over. hopefully i don't fail macroeconomics or history. i missed macro on friday so i don't know what i missed. lol college writing i need my research paper back, i could always print it out if i need it again but i dont know what my grades are. annoyed!!

heh finals week is weird...i dont even know my class schedules anymore or what classes i actually have, except for history. maybe math. ugh. got my final done, took like 4-5 hours...thank god it was take home, i would have failed the class for sure.

intro to algebra. credits from it don't transfer. the teacher is awesome. lol

just had a awkwardish experience....my ex texted me that she had clothes of mine over there for me to pick up, so i went over and she put them in my car, i didn't say much just thanks, then i got home and went to get the clothes out of my car, there was a piece of lingerie in with it. i got a little pissed off about that, and went to return it and i also had to return a fan and window fan of hers, so took all of them back and she told me to throw the lingerie out or hold onto it. why the **** would she want me to hold onto it? i'm throwing it out. glad i ended up developing a crush on someone else...i dont feel as bad, just more annoyed. i do have to go over with her to her parents' barn where i got a bunch of stuff in storage...huge dvd collection, my sw figures, my hunting bow, books, old army gear. meh.

so close to moving on from her completely....i just don't know what would happen or how i would feel if she turned normal and realized how good i was to her and well, that's a dream...people can't change. and i'm not allowing myself to get hurt by her again.

I haven't had any problems with the forums, just the xwingalliance.net page itself.

stoffe moved all of the LF-related sites to a newer server with more space (and, hopefully, it's more reliable). You should be able to get XWA.net again. :)

i always feel better when i woke out. :)

missed promotion for PFC since i failed the last pt test back in march....sucks failing pt test by only the situps when everyone else that failed it failed the run or the run and situps. oh well, can't blame anybody but myself. I am going to pass the next one like nothing though since i'm working out almost every day now.

laptop went ****ty on me last night...half the screen is pink. :( fortunately 1 year warranty parts and labor, and samsung site sucked but their customer service line was great, just gotta go print out ups label and drop it off and pray it doesn't take more than a week to get it back. i dont like going to library for computer usage.

Archived