Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

I had one taken out at basic, the top left wisdom tooth it came out pretty easy and hardly any pain after the novacaine wore off. the fillings hurt worse for some reason. a little nervous about my bottom wisdom tooth that needs extracted, it's partially under the gum.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if any of you have seen/plan on purchasing the new X-Wing miniatures game by Fantasy Flight Games.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=174

I have a friend scouting out Gencon Indy for me this week for the game. Likely I am going to be buying it just to add to my collection.

This would be adding to my dream of eventually redoing the Star wars series in a RPG format.

Spent the last couple of days in hotels.

Not a fan.

Some of them were nice... but it was too expensive, overall.

My GF is all moved out of her place... but she had troubles with passport paperwork for her kids, so she can't leave to visit her friends until they come in... and mom said "No way!!" to them staying over my place.

So we've been doing rooms all weekend. Some nice... Some divey. ALL too much money for what you get.

And I've realized something: No matter how expensive and nicely appointed it is... there's still no place in the world as cold and soulless and a hotel room.

A very close second.

But, unlike a meeting room, a hotel room is supposed to make you feel comfortable and cozy... and yet, I can't think of one I've ever stayed in where that is actually how I felt.

They are just... well, "sterile" isn't the correct word, as a lot of them aren't that... not by a long shot... :eek:

Soulless.

My dad is all happy. Last year he buried his wife of 40 years. Last month he sold the house he lived it for 35 years. When we were at the Oshkosh fly-in he often joked he was now a homeless retired Vietnam Veteran.

Today he just found an RV. And is likely going to spend the rest of his life in florida living in it. He also has a Girlfriend. He greatly enjoys florida, and couldn't be happier.

I'm feeling lousy. Fighting a head/chest cold. Running on little sleep.

GF and kids now at the airport... on their way to visit friends out of country for a few weeks. Suddenly very quiet around me...

Another crazy busy week ahead of me. I need to get better today or I'm doomed.

Gonna take it very easy today, I think. Reading, TV, and naps.

Archived