Home

Boba Fett

Sithspecter

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a brilliant model. I would like to know the tri count and shots of wireframe on shaded to see how you used edge loops to create something for KoTOR. Great job on the texture too, what resources did you use.

Only advice is the ingame shot had a few noticeable seams. I doubt you'll want to redo the UV Unwrap though so great work overall. I would have probably exaggerated the geometry more myself as Boba Fett's armour is pretty flat.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally excellent.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Jango_OP.jpg

Going based off this picture, maybe give him somewhat lighter brown of eyes, a little thinner eyebrows, a slightly more olive skintone, a couple of freckles on the nose, maybe a touch of gray in his hair, and a couple of scars on his face?

Ah, there we go. The textures are looking a lot more consistent across the various parts like the shoulder/knee pads. Nicely done. The only thing remaining is probably some colour adjustment I'd say. The green is a little off.

Is that the ROTJ EE-3? The ESB version had a more of a timber stock, not that you ever get a real good look at it for more than a couple of seconds.

ESB_Boba_Fett.jpg

Edit: And I guess they lengthened the barrel and added cooling fins for the ROTJ version.

Looks fantastic SS!! I think I read somewhere in the thread where you didn't want to mess with the cape because of the animations...understood. What about though adding the cape then applying the 'flexible mesh' modifier to it, similar to that little front flap that I think the jedi counselor model has on it. It will give it then a little sway effect when running, etc...food for thought.

Once again..outstanding work.

Looks fantastic SS!! I think I read somewhere in the thread where you didn't want to mess with the cape because of the animations...understood. What about though adding the cape then applying the 'flexible mesh' modifier to it, similar to that little front flap that I think the jedi counselor model has on it. It will give it then a little sway effect when running, etc...food for thought.

Once again..outstanding work.

I may look into the flex modifier, but I'm really not sure that I want to try it out. I'm really pretty happy with it the way that it is. I don't think that the cape brings all that to the model.

On another note, I modeled another blaster for Fett. It's the ESB version:

EE-3.jpg

Little more high-poly than the first.

Archived