Home

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

Udvarnoky

i'm wondering if Baker's VO from the reveal was a work in progress? his take on Indy feels way more natural in this latest trailer. way less like his normal speaking voice. either way, can't wait. 

• Like 1

Harrison Ford has one of those voices that's deceptively hard to imitate. But it does seem like he's settled into the character. The extended cutscene here definitely felt like an Indiana Jones scene.

Not certain I'll be able to get into a first-person action game like this, depending on how forgiving it is, but it seems like it's got the right tone for sure.

7 hours ago, Scummbuddy said:

I believe you can actually play this game in both first or third person. 

As far as I can tell from dev interviews, this is only true in the sense that most of it is first person but certain traversal sections are third person. It doesn't seem like there'll be an option to flip between them at any time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

11 hours ago, Scummbuddy said:

Whatever a "jumbo" steelbook DVD case is, it's not a proper PC Game Big Box. Shame. And the journal is blank. The globe is 11" and has a secret compartment.

$189 on the Bethesda game store. https://gear.bethesda.net/products/indiana-jones-the-great-circle-collectors-edition

Its not worth it tbh. Plus I live in the UK and theyll be import tax added onto the cost

Im just thinking of pre ordering the digital premium to play it 3 days earlier and still get a physical standard copy

Edited by Threepwood4life
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 9:58 PM, Threepwood4life said:

Out on 9th December on PC and Xbox

PS5 IN 2025 

Brrr... I really don't like these "the actors talk directly to you" trailers. They come across a bit insincere.

Edit: Also, I'm not convinced by the motion capture at 0:22. The thing Indy holds just doesn't have any weight to it. Like the old artefact is made out of styrofoam.

Edited by Lagomorph01

8 hours ago, Lagomorph01 said:

Brrr... I really don't like these "the actors talk directly to you" trailers. They come across a bit insincere.

Edit: Also, I'm not convinced by the motion capture at 0:22. The thing Indy holds just doesn't have any weight to it. Like the old artefact is made out of styrofoam.

Well they have 3 months to do more fixing if needed

Doesnt bother me much i really like the look of it. I cant wait to get it.

13 hours ago, Lagomorph01 said:

I think a lot of the motion capture quality of what's been shown so far isn't up to modern standards. And I'm thinking of the amazing mocap in Uncharted 4, which is already 8 years old. Granted, I don't think this will impact my enjoyment of the game in any meaningful way, and I think for a licensed game it still looks great.

17 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

I think a lot of the motion capture quality of what's been shown so far isn't up to modern standards. And I'm thinking of the amazing mocap in Uncharted 4, which is already 8 years old. Granted, I don't think this will impact my enjoyment of the game in any meaningful way, and I think for a licensed game it still looks great.

Yeah, it's interesting that they put the focus on showing the process of motion capturing in the trailer, although it just isn't that good. 

Still, I think it's unfair for me to compare it to Uncharted anyway, because that one is an original IP by Naughty Dog themselves, so of course they are throwing all of their resources and a virtually unlimited budget at it. Indy is "just" a licensed game, so it's got a limited budget, and a client that just wants something that's "good enough" to make financial sense.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...