Home

Day Of The Tentacle 30th Anniversary

Along with Daniel's Dave Grossman interview, a new fan doc on the making of DOTT came out yesterday:

(This got a mixnmojo news post a week or so ago, but it wasn't publicly available at that point.)

As I said on Twitter, they mention that Hit The Road came out in the same year, which reminded me how little retrospective attention that game gets comparatively. I guess the DOTT remaster had something to do with that, plus it's generally thought of as the better game, but I love HTR too and would love to see a bunch more behind the scenes stuff for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TimeGentleman said:

they mention that Hit The Road came out in the same year, which reminded me how little retrospective attention that game gets comparatively.

Time for Sam & Max to Hit The Gym 😄

Thanks for sharing! I've played DotT only once, which is a shame. I played it relatively late, and so I don't have as much nostalgia for it, but I'm looking forward to reexperience all of these with my daughter (if she's up for it) or whenever I get back some free time 😄😄

• Like 1

Between this and Daniels interview I have to set aside about 6 hours of my week dedicated to DOTT. We truly live in some sort of LucasArts's golden era renaissance. 

I do agree with Sam and Max Hit the Road being unfairly regarded as the lesser game. Hope it gets some love too.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TimeGentleman said:

Along with Daniel's Dave Grossman interview, a new fan doc on the making of DOTT came out yesterday:

(This got a mixnmojo news post a week or so ago, but it wasn't publicly available at that point.)

As I said on Twitter, they mention that Hit The Road came out in the same year, which reminded me how little retrospective attention that game gets comparatively. I guess the DOTT remaster had something to do with that, plus it's generally thought of as the better game, but I love HTR too and would love to see a bunch more behind the scenes stuff for it.

Sam & Max Hit The Road was released in November 1993.

We have ~4 months from now until its 30th anniversary.

What would you like to see done to celebrate and acknowledge this amazing game for the anniversary?

1 hour ago, danielalbu said:

What would you like to see done to celebrate and acknowledge this amazing game for the anniversary?

Good question and thanks for asking! I would LOVE an interview with both Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson about the game. I've heard in some snippets of other interviews that they liked working on it, but to hear them both talk about it in person would be a dream come true!

48 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

If you manage to get Steve Purcell for a 3+ hour interview, I'm all for it! Would be a good opportunity to ask him about his box art paintings as well 😉

Didn't Steve also make an alt box art for Tales? It would be so awesome if he'd make one for Return somehow 😍

8 hours ago, Gins said:

Didn't Steve also make an alt box art for Tales? It would be so awesome if he'd make one for Return somehow 😍

I have that cover right here!

(I bought it from the Telltale online store)

9 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

If you manage to get Steve Purcell for a 3+ hour interview, I'm all for it! Would be a good opportunity to ask him about his box art paintings as well 😉

I may or may not have approached him a few weeks ago...

10 hours ago, Lagomorph01 said:

Good question and thanks for asking! I would LOVE an interview with both Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson about the game. I've heard in some snippets of other interviews that they liked working on it, but to hear them both talk about it in person would be a dream come true!

Noted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2023 at 1:12 PM, Lagomorph01 said:

I'm interviewing Steve Purcell this Thursday.

If you (or anyone else here) has any questions for him, please DM me on Discord!

https://discordapp.com/users/danielalbu

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 1

• 1 month later...

📅 Happy 30th anniversary to Sam & Max Hit The Road!

As requested by the people in this thread, this month I'll premiere my interviews with:

• Dan Connors (Playtester & later CEO of Telltale Games) - November 5th

• Mike Stemmle (Project Lead) - November 12th

• Steve Purcell - November 19th

Stay tuned!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1