Home

Aliens versus Predator 2

Agen

THis game look really good. I have the single palyerm arine demo and it wasn't too good ubt the MP demo kicks ass.

I'm definetly gonan get it for christmas but i feel i can't wait.

I'm gonna get it before.

What's it like, it looks damn good.!

Holy Jebus I love Aliens v Predator 2. I've been playing multiplayer AvP2 nonstop for the past few weeks since getting it. Definitely worth the cash, IMO.

The full version performs much better than the demos, which truly did not do the game justice.

The full version of AvP2 is pretty nice, but it still is missing a lot of the stuff I wish they would have put in. It runs choppy on my 1.1 ghz, 128mb pc133 ram, geforce2 gts system, so I have the settings turned down.

AvP Gold was a great game, the only thing that was really lacking I felt was the multiplayer. The levels just weren't that great (other than having nice atmosphere) and the balance felt off. Having a nice assault or true coop mode would have saved it IMHO.

Despite their best efforts however (including more balance and variety than AvP Gold), I still think the MP in AvP2 is lacking. Where is the coop mode? Where are the synched for multiplayer bots? Rather disapointing I'm afraid...

Now if we could be assured of a thriving mod community that might be alright, but I'm not very hopeful. ; p

So not perfect, but good games. I think though so far I liked the smoothness and ease of movement in AvP just a bit better. And yes, the demos were pretty shoddy, especially the MP one.

But get both if you like, different stuff in each one. Of course AvP Gold will run much better on a 1Ghz system than AvP2 will.

Kurgan

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

AvP gold rocked..

Unfortunately my system won't handle avp2..

:(

I don't like the sould of the predator having unlimited power... that was one of the only things that balanced him in the original game. The net gun sounds cool though... asuming it looks as good as it sounds...

While I agree that coop play would have been a great feature for AvP2, I would reason that Monolith/Fox have given us a viable alternative: Survivor mode.

Basically surivivor mode allows you to stand off against waves of (human controlled) aliens (or predators, or marines, or corporates, depending on the setting). If you are killed, you become one of the alien hoard, and must attack the remaining enemy team. It is actually very similar to AvP Gold coop play.

Overrun gameplay mode is also quite similar to coop play. You must survive waves of alien attacks (if you play on the non-alien team).

Of course the difference is that you can't play overrun or survivor offline against bots.

AvPGold definitely rocked. Static.com even made a third party dedicated server for AvP. A pity there wasn't a larger AvP community (it was pretty sizable, but the network code really made multiplayer internet gaming difficult).

Meanwhile, Monolith have promised to release editing tools for AvP2 before Christmas. I definitely am looking forward to more maps and a few more gameplay modes, although I think the offering was pretty good out-of-the-box: deathmatch, team deathmatch, hunt, survivor, EVAC, and Overrun.

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Wilhuf ]

Oh My God

AVP2 ROCKS!!

The single player is awesome

And the multiplayer is incredible(full of tension), cant wait to play it at a LAN.

Its fun to watch your brother jump when you nail him with the face hugger when alien life cycle is on

And just you wait till the marine mission with the EXO-suit, it is so cool.

DAmmm i love this game, i only have a p3 650 with 256 k of ram, but coz of my geforce 3 ti 500, i have all details on full and the game runs beautifully. What someone else said about the demos was true, they dont do the game justice at all, damm i couldnt stop playing for the 1st few hours.. just a little more.. a little more.. a little more, unfortunately there are no multiplayer servers down here in NZ (yet?) so if i do play online, its to pings of about 400 odd, but for now im damm happy with the single player.. too happy to care about no mp. Cant wait till i chuck my old 15 inch screen for a 19 inch, and upgrade my cpu to an AMD 1400 xp.. (Dec 13th).. might buy wolfenstein then.. but yeah.. if ya loved the 1st AvsP, then you should love this even more...

Todl ya the demo does no justice at all. This game is amazing.

First AvP was good but this rocks!

I suggest going marine first because then once u've doen amrine the fear is ogne and u cna shove it back in the comps face.

:D

I liek getting chased by the guys when ur pred because u move the stupid leaves.

• 8 months later...

You probably haven't seen me, but I went by the name of Jais or Chraize while I played that game. Alien at first, but I got bored of that so I changed to Predator and ended up being pretty good.

toms: The predator is MUCH weaker than in the prequel. He has the same amount of life as the marine, his disc is now easily dodgeable, his "cloaking" can be seen from miles away by a somewhat skilled player and his arsenal doesn't even match the marines.

But there's no such feeling as stalking a good marine player with your trusty combistick and trying to freak him out with his motion detector.

And if you thought you could whore moves in JK2, you'll be really impressed by avp2's weapon-whoring. You can pretty much abuse any damn weapon in that game, so I ended up using the pred weapons that required skill to use and commanded awe from your victims: Melee weapons and stealthy movement.

It's a shame that nearly no-one played this game like it should, it's all cheap tactics galore, which is why I switched to jk2 in the end.

All in all, it's a brilliant game, but be very prepared to get called names, if you try to use any other weapon than the knife....

Archived