Home

The SECRET of Monkey Island REVEALED (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

elTee

E tickets are real things, I think. At some theme park or something. Maybe Disneyland. I don't know what they are.

I don't think it was a curse from LeChuck... I think the theme park itself was cursed, which basically made all that stuff become real.

Another possibility is that there were portals and alternate realities.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eureka!!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/eticket.htm

"E-Ticket nights are available only to Walt Disney World resort guests. For $12, resort guests can have access to the Magic Kingdom for 3 hours after closing to the general public. During E-Ticket nights, the most popular attractions at the Magic Kingdom remain open."

this is interesting! I always thought they said the Big Whoop was a way out of 'there'. But an e-ticket (Big Whoop treasure!) is a way to stay in the park a little longer after closing time!! So rather and escape its a way to enjoy it for a bit longer!!!

Big Whoop!

Plus this.....

Elaine: "I hope LeChuck didn't put a horrible SPELL on him"

so Guybrush finds Big Whoop, can enjoy being a pirate a little longer (because he likes imagining being a pirate since he ran off into the theme park) So that would be the ultimate thing he could get; to spend some MORE time. And then LeChuck puts a 'spell' on him! Which is that he is brought to his parents (you help your brother back on your feet, and he gets and brings you to your parents, who then take you home"

Big Whoop is the treasure of being in the park longer!

whooooooo i love this =]

yes, well a fantasy, imaginary fantasy thoughts while he was walking by himself through the rides of the theme park =]

"Come beat the swordmaster! Hey there you kiddo, why don't you try it" ...... "And the kid wins! Here you go son, have this fantastic tshirt!"

that kinda stuff shows it is a real world, mixed with guybrush' fantasy =]

now i kind of like MI2's ending....now its fit with the rest of the whole games =]

big whoop! :D

Originally posted by QueZTone

Plus this.....

Elaine: "I hope LeChuck didn't put a horrible SPELL on him"

Just to confuse you, Elaine doesn't say this in the Amiga version of MI2. Obviously LucasArts realised that you dumb PC-owners would need spoon-feeding... ;)

The problem with saying that LeChuck put a spell on Guybrush is that it makes no sense. Why place a spell on him when he can just kill him? He's suposed to be the most feared pirate ever, and this wannabe KILLS him, and what does he do? He puts him in some 'Carnival of the Damned' for eternity, but with the slight problem of the fact that its escapable. Right. To me, it makes more sense that Guybrush kinda imagined it all.

That reminds me; a problem with EMI. LeChuck is so pathetic. He would never be anyones right hand man.

I think Tim Schafer is the best at making adventure games, but that has nothing to do with the fact that I like MI1 and 2 more than 3 and 4.

Perhaps the spell = parents. Guybrush getting pulled out of his fantasy.

I still like the theory with the portals/separate dimensions. When Guybrush fell into the darkness on Dinky Island, he fell through a portal and was transported to this surreal nexus of portals that was the underground tunnels. It explains how the elevator just a few rooms away could take him to Melee Island.

The portals/dimensions aren't a sci-fi wormhole type of thing... they're surreal fantasy stuff. When Guybrush made the potion thing in the big pot on the ship, he caused the ship to cross over to the Monkey Island dimension.

The problem with this theory is that it's too far-fetched. There's not really enough evidence for it.

hehe

LeChuck doesnt really want to kill Guybrush. Chuck's Guybrush older brother and he merely wants to get Guybrush and bring him back to their parents...so the "killing" part what LeChuck wants is really bringing him back to his parents. But Guybrush is enjoying himself so much in his imagination he doesn't want to leave the park.

And Wally is also a lost kid who's imagining. That's why LeChuck 'kidnapped' him too. He captured them so that Guybrush was brought back to their parents and Wally was also brought back to his parents..

that's all my opinion anyway =]

[and yes LeChuck was a wimp in EMI, he'd never be a right hand man, but then again, eventually he wasnt]

Flirb, that's what i meant with my earlier posts. I'll repost..

Guybrush, Chuckie and their parents go to this theme park. Guybrush wanders off. Loves the pirate theme and starts imagining things. He would love to be living in the world that is created in the theme park. He would love to be a pirate! (start of SMI). In the park are several things the children can participate in. "Win the swordmaster and win a nice prize, hey you kiddo, whats your name?" "Guybrush is it? Ahh wanna fight the swordmaster?" "Here you go son, wonderful fight, have this nice tshirt". Vendingmachines etc are there because he's really wandering in a themepark though he's imagining stuff.

Now then his parents notice Guybrush is gone and Chuckie as older brother has to find him and bring him back to his parents. Guybrush doesn't want to leave the park, he wants to stay. So this goose chase between Guybrush and LeChuck starts.

**In MI2 Guybrush meets Wally. Another kid who loves the pirate theme. He also wandered off. Eventually Chuckie finds Guybrush and also Wally. He 'kidnaps' them to the 'Lost Kids' Fortress for their parents to pick them up. Guybrush and Wally manage to escape**

So at some point in MI2 Guybrush hears of this treasure with unimaginable wealth. Of course since Guybrush loves the park; the treasure that would be worth most would be to stay in the park for longer! So he goes treasure hunting and finally finds that treasure named Big Whoop. It turns out to be a chest, which contains an E-Ticket. An E-Ticket? Yes a way to be in the park even after closing time! Wow.

But then Chuckie his older brother comes and finds him. They struggle and finally Guybrush somehow manages to floor Chuckie. Guybrush gets a bit of mercy and helps his brother back on his feet. Chuckie grabs Guybrush and puts a horrible 'spell' on Guybrush. Oh no, Guybrush left his fantasy world. He had to leave. Everything slowly became real again, and then Guybrush was back with his parents...

Queztone, I totally agree.

Your theory is pretty much the ideas I have been thinking of. I just didn't get it all together untill someone else wrote it all down.. Thaks, man.

I also remember reading somewhere that Ron Gilbert said that MI2 was the last game, so I really believe that MI was supposed to end with MI2 and there was no other secret or anything like that.

Originally posted by Mr. Teliot

Queztone, I totally agree.

Your theory is pretty much the ideas I have been thinking of. I just didn't get it all together untill someone else wrote it all down.. Thaks, man.

I also remember reading somewhere that Ron Gilbert said that MI2 was the last game, so I really believe that MI was supposed to end with MI2 and there was no other secret or anything like that.

It was originally supposed to be one game, but at later dates, he said it was meant as a triology. Make of that what you want.

There's way too much foreshadowing at the end though... Electric eyes, LeChuck theme, etc... Perhaps Ron intended make it seem like it was all just a kid imagining stuff. Just to trick us. It was still very much a cliffhanger in all respects and obviously Ron had something in mind for a MI3. Maybe the pirate world was just as real as the carnival.

Originally posted by Trapezoid

There's way too much foreshadowing at the end though... Electric eyes, LeChuck theme, etc... Perhaps Ron intended make it seem like it was all just a kid imagining stuff. Just to trick us. It was still very much a cliffhanger in all respects and obviously Ron had something in mind for a MI3. Maybe the pirate world was just as real as the carnival.

The foreshadowing was just part of the fantasy. It implied that the fantasy isn't over... That there's going to be a sequel. Not that LeChuck is real.

Originally posted by QueZTone

Flirb, that's what i meant with my earlier posts. I'll repost..

Guybrush, Chuckie and their parents go to this theme park. Guybrush wanders off. Loves the pirate theme and starts imagining things. He would love to be living in the world that is created in the theme park. He would love to be a pirate! (start of SMI). In the park are several things the children can participate in. "Win the swordmaster and win a nice prize, hey you kiddo, whats your name?" "Guybrush is it? Ahh wanna fight the swordmaster?" "Here you go son, wonderful fight, have this nice tshirt". Vendingmachines etc are there because he's really wandering in a themepark though he's imagining stuff.

Now then his parents notice Guybrush is gone and Chuckie as older brother has to find him and bring him back to his parents. Guybrush doesn't want to leave the park, he wants to stay. So this goose chase between Guybrush and LeChuck starts.

**In MI2 Guybrush meets Wally. Another kid who loves the pirate theme. He also wandered off. Eventually Chuckie finds Guybrush and also Wally. He 'kidnaps' them to the 'Lost Kids' Fortress for their parents to pick them up. Guybrush and Wally manage to escape**

So at some point in MI2 Guybrush hears of this treasure with unimaginable wealth. Of course since Guybrush loves the park; the treasure that would be worth most would be to stay in the park for longer! So he goes treasure hunting and finally finds that treasure named Big Whoop. It turns out to be a chest, which contains an E-Ticket. An E-Ticket? Yes a way to be in the park even after closing time! Wow.

But then Chuckie his older brother comes and finds him. They struggle and finally Guybrush somehow manages to floor Chuckie. Guybrush gets a bit of mercy and helps his brother back on his feet. Chuckie grabs Guybrush and puts a horrible 'spell' on Guybrush. Oh no, Guybrush left his fantasy world. He had to leave. Everything slowly became real again, and then Guybrush was back with his parents...

/me claps.

Almost exactly what I've been thinking for some time. Though you did make me think... The Voodoo lady told Guybrush that in order to defeat LeChuck, he had to find Big Whoop. What she meant by that is, having the E-ticket would allow him to stay in the theme park longer... when it closes up, the staff wouldn't make Guybrush leave. Chuckie didn't have an E-ticket, so he would be kicked out of the theme park. Guybrush would be rid of LeChuck! Seems that it didn't quite work, though... He was pulled out of the fantasy, but with his parents, he was safe from LeChuck.

This brings me to why I don't accept CMI and EMI as true Monkey Island games. If we did, we couldn't have this conversation.

Archived