Home

The Saberist Code: One Step Ahead - READ

Soul-Burn

Would you join the Code?  

351 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join the Code?

• Yes, good ideas!
    • No, I won't, but I will play nice to SCers.
    • No, this is really stupid, and i'm gonna kill everyone following this code.

Easy, assuming you're doing this from the console. If you want spaces in your name, you have to put it in quotes.

Like this:

name "S!TH!NAT0R© -SG-"

Works for me anyway.

On a further note, it seems that the ™ is not included in the game's character set (you just get a blank space.) The © and ® are in though.

:cool:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I found quite a few that arent in the game character sets:rolleyes: :p -I'm doing it from the Player settings options. What do you mean by doing it from the console?...how?

-I'm pretty familiar w/ the console but how do I edit my name from there? -Also, I use colored letters in my name as well. Would that maybe cause that glitch w/ the ©. It wont let me enter anything after it period:confused:

Well, I'm up for the JDG - the SC code is a bit too draconian, and I don't like the concept of coders 'owning' the best duelling bits of a map..

My problem is ... what servers should I be using if I actually want to come against you lot. All the ones I have tried have been full of pure deathmatch players. Any suggestions?

Kanubis, I think you misunderstand. This isnt a rules enforcement or clan code. To me, its just a way to partially ensure equal respect among JK2 players alike. Well, those that follow the code anyway:p -I'm 100% for fair play and respect toward fellow players, thats what this proposed code is about in my opinion....

......just my .02 S!TH-Sens3;)

Kanubis, I think you misunderstand. This isnt a rules enforcement or clan code. To me, its just a way to partially ensure equal respect among JK2 players alike.

The original posting implied that there would be retribution for those not following the code (or lamers, as it was put).. this is what I disagree with. But as a concept I really liked it, and think that the JDG variance is really spot on.

Ok, I think that was kinda worded wrong too mang. I think was was meant by that was this......

-If a player a.k.a lamer was run across that just runs around the map like an idiot going after anybody blindly without regard for common respect to other players that they would be dealt with accordingly. In other words, a lamer that attacks players waiting for a duel and/or that has no saber drawn and obviously is only interested in a duel.I'm pretty sure that was meant somewhere along those lines;)

i believe wearing this tag is like calling yourself a religion. if people are in your religion that is fine and you will respect thim. if someone is not in your religion you will still respect their religion hopefully and not be harsh towards them. btw i'm an atheist, and i wear the -SC- tags proudly. light side and saber only.

Hmmmm, the tag -SC- or -SG- has me thinking that you are a Sith!

JDG seems a lot nicer, although you will get those Sith out there that will play against you in a way you don't like.

If there is to be a JDG, then why not a ISD, Imperial Sith Dueller, who will take on some of the JDG rules, but use the Sith style - ie evil, underhanded, etc...

Then have some real fun in Team FFA, ISD v JDG, good v evil....

i think ishall add the -SC- tag to the end of my name, i will be looking for those of you who also use this... i think this code is a good idea, and i will be following its developement for a while.. i dont want this to turn into a clan though, but a code of honour is a good idea IMHO... good battles ahead my friends.. :D

Originally posted by Obi-Cyph

acdcfanbill - There is NO chance of this turning into a clan. It's not about clan wars, or anything like that. The only thing I can see happening is internal competitions/tournaments, for fun :)

that would be fun.. :D

on the downside: i saw this dude today (it might be his clan tag i dunno??)

but he was using the -SC- tag but he was not respecting his opponents at all.. he didnt accept challenges at all (cool if thats his choice) but when you walked up to him, saber off, he would slice you up just as you challenged him (did that twice to me)

he killed people facing walls just standing there, he interfered in battles, etc...

his name was: Han Coolo -SC-

i hope this is not catching on, or the -SC- or [JDG] wont last long

waspsc.jpg

Originally posted by power_ed

but he was using the -SC- tag but he was not respecting his opponents at all.. he didnt accept challenges at all (cool if thats his choice) but when you walked up to him, saber off, he would slice you up just as you challenged him (did that twice to me)

he killed people facing walls just standing there, he interfered in battles, etc...

Obviously it was someone who didn't like the idea of -SC-, and so in an attempt to fill his/her pathetic empty life up with something, he/she goes and tries to make -SC- look bad. How people get off on makin fun of others, I have no idea.....

Originally posted by power_ed

that would be fun.. :D

Sounds like someone is enjoying themselves greatly by giving others a bad name.

When it comes to the tag, I'd prefer [JDG] in all truth. And my reason is listed:

[JDG] shows that you are a member of a group, in this case, the Jedi Duelist Guild. SC just indicates you follow the code, and it doesn't really indicate membership. Also, [JDG] will hopefully give a sense of belonging, as would a clan tag that you are proud to be apart of. Add the fact it goes with the jedi-duelist domain :)

Thats my reason for it.

I wonder if anybody of you knows..but there is another dueling game,and it is called RUNE.

Now rune is quite old now but it did have pretty valiant comunity.

Good things about it,was for example when you write text you would have a small commic boubble over your head.Players would never yttack you than.Second in all the ffa matches (except pits) you didnt engage the other player until he and you would taunt...anyway i enjoyed the RUNE very much.And now i am happy to see JK2.I love the sabre fights :)

Yup, Rune had loosely-enforced rules like that. And it's only the asslicking LOLOL l33tz0rs like nutbag and company who'd kill someone while they were talking.

Here's a tip: if you want to play mindless deathmatch, go back to Q3, asshats. Number of frags will not increase your d1ck size. I know that's disappointing for some.

Originally posted by Prox Kolari

Yup, Rune had loosely-enforced rules like that. And it's only the asslicking LOLOL l33tz0rs like nutbag and company who'd kill someone while they were talking.

Here's a tip: if you want to play mindless deathmatch, go back to Q3, asshats. Number of frags will not increase your d1ck size. I know that's disappointing for some.

Do you really need to mudsling? You're just stooping to nutbags (and other peoples) level....

BTW, I enjoy the mindless deathmatch every once in a while. Nothin like vanishing in front of your opponent, jumpping behind 'em and fraggin 'em with the Storm Trooper rifle. I do however, greatly enjoy going to NF Duel servers and fine tuning my saber skills.

Yeah, I shouldn't. On the other hand, as *they've* said many times, nothing any of us says will change their minds. But it feels so good to *****.

So in future, I think both parties should leave each other alone. If a LOL type guy sees a -sc-, he's going to cut him down no matter what. Fine. -sc- folks have to expect that. I wish people didn't have to be cheap, but there's nothing anyone can do to change that.

Guest HertogJan

OK, I'll use -SC-, any specific color, or just white? Ah well, I'll be known as:

HertogJan -SC-

(why cant I select yellow color on this forum?)

Just hope that more people will use it...

BTW, maybe JKII.net should pay attention to this on their site! Like a special section dedicated to SC; with the rulez etc. That would encourage people to use SC!

Archived