Home

WIP: Mon Calamari Model

moooa

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradfu, the skin looks very very nice

But I have a bad question for all

I found on an old cd some picture of ackbar who show me some hind place of him and I see that my model is wrong.

Would u like that I change him (may 1 week i think) or not

Thanx to answer

moooa

sorry bobba I think that I have send u the file. I just wait 1 night to see if I must change the model

Moooa,

what is it that is wrong with him from behind? -just curious-

If it bothers you, then you should probably change it :eek: (Sorry Bradfu). Though, you did a really nice job on the skin, hopefully it won't be too hard to re-fit it if moooa does change anything.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Hey, feel free to change him, Mooaaa, it's not a problem. I'm sure I'll be able to refit my skins to it :) While your at it, I've got one request for the change: if you could re-map the hands. that would be great. They're not working well in my skin because they're getting their skins from the Head image.

Here's a cool shot I threw together of Oddev:

http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/jedioddev.jpg

I REALLY like how the tabards turned out because of the vest-like thing Ackbar is wearing. Compared to my other Jedi, the tabards on this one are 3000% better, simply because they stick out.

Just change one little thing on the head but the texture will not changed

But the torso and torso body must be change and also the hips and leg must be attach because it looks crazy in the game( with a full pants). Just correct the wrist too but based on the same texture

For your skin bradfu I think I just need to give u a new glm file

with the head correct base on the same texture (and the saber bug fixed)For the torso, torso body and leg it wil change nothing for u.

So for the skinner it will change nothing if u preview to put boot on your model. I just give u a new glm file with head and wrist correcting.

For the change the torso will not be close at the side (lower the arm) and the torso body will go down until the toso_hips

so this 2 textures will change

I'm impressed of your skin bradfu

Finnally I think the new model wiil help you

No prob with the hands I will remap them

And I see a very good pic of ackbar head (front side back) and I can had some details on my textures so if you are interest

moooa

I love the skin Bradfu!

Really glad to have a Mon Cal Jedi. And yeah, the sticking out of those flaps does work nicely, much better than JUST painted on :)

I would suggest, for doing the voice, do the same thing you did, but with a bunch of slime in your mouth.

Well don't actually use slime LOL... maybe even ice cubes would work.

sThhe Forthhcsse Issthss hWithh Meehh... *slurp*

Nice job all the way around.

-nomad

MTFBWY

I know what you mean. Had to improvise with the lower legs to make it look like boots, but the cuff still looks a touch weird. Mooaaa, if theres any way an alternate surface without a cuff, that would be awesome :) If not, I don't think it's going to be noticable in game, so no big deal :)

i got the model and started on my skin a few minutes ago. im gonna go for a sith mon cal of some sort. heres a very early screen...

http://www.verbicide.net/~trevor/jk2skins/ackbarskin.jpg

i just started the head and i havent worked on the body at all. just thought id let everyone know im giving it a shot.

also, moooa, if you could send me the updated .glm as well i would greatly appriciate that.

[EDIT] spelling idiocy [/EDIT]

Originally posted by TrevHimself

i made some progress on my skin...heres a screen:

http://www.verbicide.net/~trevor/jk2skins/ackbarskin2.jpg

anyone happen to have any ideas for a name for this guy? i suppose ill try to write a background story, though ive never done anything like that before, he's either gonna be a sith apprentice or a dark jedi. err...yeah.

Bah! Stealing my idea before I even have the model, eh? I see how it is...

*gives Trev a watchful eye*

i added some texture to him. heres a closer front shot and a back one just because i realized i havent posted one.ackbarskin3.jpg

im gonna try to add more highlights on the blacker parts so oyu can see it better. i wanna add more "stuff" on there but im not sure what yet..we'll see....

also, im trying to think of a name for him still, please share some ideas or he's gonna be named John Travolta. the last thing anyone wants to see is washed up actor's names in jk2...

Nice model Trevor :D

Ok I have finished to change the mesh and now make the new skin. So the torso, torso_body,hips and belt texture will change.

I will make different glm file. One with pants look right, one with boots and i kept the old glm with just the head and wrist changed but with the same texture. And for my Terpfen model I will make a custom head.

I hope posting pics tonight (in 10hours), explaining you what are the difference between each model

And so can the skinner tell me what glm file they want

Other question : do u want that I release a skinpack with all your skin or do u just want to release your skin alone

moooa

holy crap i was out of it when i posted this....

i'll be using the boots .glm, but i wouldnt mind having both.

i say, every skin that you like should be in the skinpack.

and i'm glad you like my skin so far.

old post (because it's funny):

i'll be uses using the boots .glm, but i wouldnt mind both.

i say, every you that you like should be in the skinpack.

and i'm glad you like my skin so far.

Archived