Home

WIP: Mon Calamari Model

moooa

Originally posted by moooa

i think that u prefer have the new glm

moooa, i have the older one, but would you mind sending me the newer glm here, if you think i should use it at this time AND if it's not too much of a hassle? i don't know if i'll need it or not, i just want to be sure that the skin won't change without my knowledge between the glm i have and the newer one. thanks.

also, can someone please remind me how to turn surface on/off? i wanna turn the belt surface off, but i'm not sure if i'm able to.

i posted a thread in the skinning forum regarding my skin for the mon calamari model, but haven't gotten a lot of feedback (except from klorel, bradfu and trevhimself ... thanks fellas :D). for those of you who are interested, you can see it at this location. any criticism/feedback/rants/praises you can give me would be great.

hey brad, your links don't work anymore ... FYI.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi adillon

The new glm is not ready for the moment

I'll see your work and its' pretty good

I'm making a jedi mon calamari mesh, if u want to it

I'll try to show pics soon, but don't really have time for the moment

For turning the belt I do't know how to do (maybe in modview, in the left go to the belt right click and set it off but I can't save the file after)

moooa

here's my model_default.surf file:

surfOff "hips_belt"

surfOn ""

i dont know if i still need the surfon part.

in modview click "model.glm>surfaces>////stupidtriangle", then right-click "hips_belt" and select OFF. you can then goto "file>write script" and not have to reppeat the process.

Originally posted by TrevHimself

here's my model_default.surf file:

surfOff "hips_belt"

surfOn ""

i dont know if i still need the surfon part.

in modview click "model.glm>surfaces>////stupidtriangle", then right-click "hips_belt" and select OFF. you can then goto "file>write script" and not have to reppeat the process.

thanks trev, i'll give it a whirl tonite.

moooa, i don't think i'll take the new jedi mesh. i'll work with the one i have, but thanks anyway. i'm glad you like what i've done so far ... i'm trying to make the skin worthy of being a part of your model.

Now that I have a decent vid card, here's a screenshot of my work on the bootleg model. :D

I'm open to comments/suggestions/constructive criticism.

And I know the back of the head isn't exactly "seamless" :D I'm still working on that.

darkjedimoncal.jpg

Hey guys, not sure if this makes a difference, but I'm pretty certain that if you're doing a blue Mon Cal, he's actually a she ^_^ Obviously fish don't have breasts, so the same model really can be used for both; and I remember reading [and seeing] that females are blue/aqua and males are red/salmon.

That said, nothing wrong imho with BradFu's wonderful Jedi skin to be a Jedi Watchwoman ;) Of course, that's Brad's call to make, but I think that'd be the case if we're holding to EU-cannon.

Then again, when did the Dark Forces series hold to EU-cannon? ^_^

Naw, that's fan speculation. Nothing official says anything about color being matched to gender. If that were the case, then Ackbar would be a sexist pig, cause his entire bridge crew is dark red, meaning male.

I think more likely, Dark red is the most common Mon Calamari race, with blue, silver, and brown being much more rare. There's actually data supporting this. Cilghal, one of Luke's first students, is a dark red color. (Pg 160, Dark Apprentice). It actually says in there that the differences between male and female is that females have smoother heads, males lumpier.

Oddev is a male, blue Mon Calamari Jedi Knight :)

eets: your skin is looking great, the only thing that really needs work is the darker body suit, it seems kinda off, make the ripples wider perhaps. i dig the eyes.

kranckor: it may seem like a dumb thing for me to say but is there something wrong with your model_default.skin? is it giving you any specific errors?

Lookin great, Mooaaa! I really appreciate you going to the extra effort of making a Jedi Mon Cal model :D If it's allright, I'd like to make one request for that model. If you could shortin the tunic and tabards a bit, that would be great. What I'm think is maybe the portion below the belt should be about half as long.

On another note.. Now that this one seems to be nearing it's final stages, what kind of mdel will you be doing next? :)

Originally posted by Grafox

Ow, btw, I do would like a copy of the new mesh emailed to me. :)

same goes for me too, moooa. i'd like to make sure my skin works on the new mesh, which btw is *BLEEP* amazing. i'd only need the new ackbar mesh, NOT the jedi mesh. can you PLEASE send it here and/or here at your earliest convenience? thanks, man!

i have a question, too. with the new mesh, are the hands set up on their own, or are they still referring to the skin on the head?

Archived