Home

EMI Graphics

CrazyOldMan

Merc was trying to say two things there. First he was trying to say "my avatar is stupid and ugly," and second he was trying to say "the backgrounds in EMI were all rendered ahead of time at 640x480, so enlarging them to a higher resolution would do nothing but make them blurrier and uglier than they already are." I think that was what he was going for. Maybe something about me kicking ass.

You can enable FSAA (Full Scene Anti-Aliasing) on your card, if it supports it, to give the impression of a higher resolution and make everything all smooth and pretty. Of course, I have no idea how you'd actually go about that. There used to be something about it on Mixnmojo, but it's probably gone now.

Useful, eh?

I hope Full Throttle II will be in a higher resolution. That said, when playing EMI I never felt that I was playing in 640*480 dimensions. I wonder why that was.

It would also be super cool if someone could take screenshots of the different graphic modes.

Originally posted by Gabez

I hope Full Throttle II will be in a higher resolution. That said, when playing EMI I never felt that I was playing in 640*480 dimensions. I wonder why that was.

Well, all the newer games today (adventure) does have the resolution at 640*480. I wouldn't dream of a higher resolution, since that would only slow down the game.

I liked the resolution, and if you have a small monitor - then get a bigger! :p

I thought it was big enough for me. :p

Archived