Home

The game is DEAD

Lord Briss

I've been away from JKII for a while and didn't realise that another patch had finally been issued to get rid of you backward-lunge saber spammers/force cheaters etc.

So, I thought, yeh - give it another go. Perhaps the game isnt dead afterall.

Well - it is dead. I've never played a more cheat-ridden series of mp games in my life. You people with dual-sabers, sabers that can be thrown into the air that stay there instead of returning; players that hover in the air; players with *permanent* force f*#king absorb; players with scripts that turn force absorb on 0.01 milliseconds after your force attack:

Go f*#k yourselves.

The same goes for you jedi-wannabe's who think a JKII MP server is a tupperware party - stop standing/walking around with your sabers off, swopping good cookie recipies etc, and get fighting - either that or turn your JK server off and open an IRC room instead.

You lot that run 'Saber off = don't attack' servers just let people break that rule anyway. If you want to walk around with your saber off acting cool before you break the rule then thats your problem - seek help. It's a game - play it, don't screw it over for everyone else.

You've ruined a great game - congratulations.

And you can save the 'noob' talk that usually flames this kind of message - there is such a thing as cheating/tweaking a game to death you know.

I'm out of here for good, so flame away.

See you honest players in some other game.

Ex-lord Briss. (retired)

"I've been away from JKII for a while and didn't realise that another patch had finally been issued to get rid of you backward-lunge saber spammers/force cheaters etc."There's new patch? didnt even bother checking after 1.03,hanged out at yoda's swamp.

"So, I thought, yeh - give it another go. Perhaps the game isnt dead afterall.

Well - it is dead. I've never played a more cheat-ridden series of mp games in my life. You people with dual-sabers, sabers that can be thrown into the air that stay there instead of returning; players that hover in the air; players with *permanent* force f*#king absorb; players with scripts that turn force absorb on 0.01 milliseconds after your force attack:"

I lost my JKII CD-Dont even care,Team Fortress Classic owns.

"Go f*#k yourselves."

No comment

"The same goes for you jedi-wannabe's who think a JKII MP server is a tupperware party - stop standing/walking around with your sabers off, swopping good cookie recipies etc, and get fighting - either that or turn your JK server off and open an IRC room instead."

Er..maybe they are roleplaying? or maybe they dont know each other and just want to talk.Either way,you should've just played and try to kill people who have thier sabers on-They dont bother you,you dont bother them,it's like there not there..which you want...

"You lot that run 'Saber off = don't attack' servers just let people break that rule anyway. If you want to walk around with your saber off acting cool before you break the rule then thats your problem - seek help. It's a game - play it, don't screw it over for everyone else."

You are a bloodcrazy maniac who wants to kill things that wont even attack you-seek the same help they get. It's a game,play it,dont screw it over for the ones who want to act cool.

"You've ruined a great game - congratulations."

Who excactly?

"And you can save the 'noob' talk that usually flames this kind of message - there is such a thing as cheating/tweaking a game to death you know." Yes..I KNOW they have nerfed the game to death.And no,I wont flame you or anything.

"I'm out of here for good, so flame away.

See you honest players in some other game. "

Half-Life or Team Fortress Classic maybe?

Originally posted by Lord Briss

I've been away from JKII for a while and didn't realise that another patch had finally been issued to get rid of you backward-lunge saber spammers/force cheaters etc.

So, I thought, yeh - give it another go. Perhaps the game isnt dead afterall.

Well - it is dead. I've never played a more cheat-ridden series of mp games in my life. You people with dual-sabers, sabers that can be thrown into the air that stay there instead of returning; players that hover in the air; players with *permanent* force f*#king absorb; players with scripts that turn force absorb on 0.01 milliseconds after your force attack:

Go f*#k yourselves.

The same goes for you jedi-wannabe's who think a JKII MP server is a tupperware party - stop standing/walking around with your sabers off, swopping good cookie recipies etc, and get fighting - either that or turn your JK server off and open an IRC room instead.

You lot that run 'Saber off = don't attack' servers just let people break that rule anyway. If you want to walk around with your saber off acting cool before you break the rule then thats your problem - seek help. It's a game - play it, don't screw it over for everyone else.

You've ruined a great game - congratulations.

And you can save the 'noob' talk that usually flames this kind of message - there is such a thing as cheating/tweaking a game to death you know.

I'm out of here for good, so flame away.

See you honest players in some other game.

Ex-lord Briss. (retired)

Qu'est-ce que tu fumes et ou puis-je prendre un peu?

Cheating in the game is non existant. Ask Myg0t, the lamest bastards of them all. This game is not WORTH hacking to the slightest sense.

Then, you branch off onto dual sabers, which only brought one thought to my mind: JediMod. If the /dualsaber and /dualblade console commands are enabled, then don't bother with them or find another server. There are also other modifications that can be done server side. Answer: Quit bitching and find another server.

Now, as for your tupperware charade, too damn bad, live with it. Most people on the servers I go to are regulars that mostly duel and refuse to FFA because of how boring it gets. It is obvious that you don't get into the community but instead just want to fight fight fight and then whine and moan when others won't. Solution: Find a duel server or otherwise suck it up.

While the players have somewhat screwed the game over, it was largely Raven that has done it. Your attempted blaming has bells in whistles going off in my head saying you are an idiot and deserved to be bashed... hard.

Lord Briss obviously didn't have to pass an intelligence test to get to where he is today, because his knowledge of how things work is completely off the mark. First of all, like a verbal magician, he knows how to lie without appearing to be lying, how to bury secrets in mountains of garbage-speak. He has a taste for interminable controversy over minor questions. For proof of this fact, I must point out that my general thesis is that he has been known to say that his opinions represent the opinions of the majority -- or even a plurality. That notion is so gruesome, I hardly know where to begin refuting it. I'll talk a lot more about that later, but first let me finish my general thesis: The first response to this from his accomplices is perhaps that his practices provide a liberating insight into life, the universe, and everything. Wrong. Just glance at the facts: I want to protect the interests of the general public against the greed and unreason of the most useless provocateurs I've ever seen. That may seem simple enough, but I believe I have found my calling. My calling is to challenge him to defend his plans for the future or else to change them. And just let him try and stop me. As stated earlier, Lord Briss is capable of only two things, namely whining and underhanded tricks. He talks loudly about family values and personal responsibility, but when it comes to backing up those words with actions, all Lord Briss does is sell otherwise perfectly reasonable people the idee fixe that he never engages in yawping, hate-filled, or raucous politics.

Psionic Jedi has been using some generator for those pointless posts he keeps putting up. He isn't making that stuff up, he's just typing a word into a field and the rest is made up for him. In this case the word was "Lord Briss".

Most of ya'll keep encouraging his stupid generated posts. He's probaly laughing his ass off everytime one of you fools responds to them.

Stop acting like this is your first time reading a message board. Generated posts look exactly like what they are...genereted. They have nothing to do with the subject, yet Psionic keeps using them, and you dweebs keep replying to them.

Lord Briss...do you realize that right now you're the guy who has, after watching a boxing-match or two, jumped in a shoot-fighting arena screaming: OMG-OMG!! Stop the fight! Did U all see that! The bastard KICKED his opponent!?!?! OMFG!!! And where are your gloves!?! OMG! Cheating!!!

...and the 15.000 people in the audience are thinking: who the hell is that guy and what on earth is he talking about?

Yes, there is a mod called Jedi-Mod. It allows all kind of "cool" things. You can have two sabers. You can shrink your model or play as a 8 ft tall Darth Vader. You also have access to two extra stances.

All the stuff you said just shows that you have no idea what is going on. I'll try to avoid calling you a n00b, but...jesus....you're the guy who yells "HAXXOR!!!!" when someone wall-walks or kicks you. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Psionic Jedi,

Please, Oh please learn to use the enter key.

LOL

lord briss is really overreacting becouse of a couple of people playing jedimod, i suggest you crawl in a verry dark corner and wait till it's over:o

:D :D

Originally posted by thehomicidalegg

another one of these threads, but he's close to one thing, this game is not dead, ....yet, but is dying

JK2 is dying as fast as TF2 is taking to come out. Or you could say at a slightly faster rate than CS and Dod :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's going to have Starcraft longevity or CS's widespread play (though alot of my friends have played jk2 at least once) but it's not as haxor ridden as Tribes I heard or have as many obnoxious people as CS.

JediMod and ProMod are doing their part to extend to replay value of JK2, and once school settles down maybe the mappers modders and skinner/modelers will come back.

You just can't start etching to eulogy on the tombstone yet.

That saber freeze wasn't the emote...I believe. There is an exploit where you can throw your saber, make it circle around you, and you can walk of and it continues to circle in that spot damaging anyone that gets near it (although the damage is minimal)

It's more of a eye-candy trick that useful.

Anyone else think this guy just got his a$$ kicked too many times that night, and in his frustration, posted this message? :D :D

Come on, it's not that bad out there. The things he is b*tching about are not very common on the servers I play on. My experience in this game is still 85% favorable.

THIS GAME IS NOT DEAD!

Here's some easy free advice (to add to what others have said) and there's no need to flame anyone either....

If you dislike "cheat-ridden" multiplayer games, DON'T JOIN THEM. Instead, join pure servers, or host your own. Most games don't use cheats at all, and they play the game using legit mods or simply out-of-the-box or with the official patches.

Nobody likes a sore loser, but if you're going to quit the community, do it with a little bit of class and dignity. Don't try to tear down the entire community with you. If you want to leave, leave...

If you really want to take the time to look, you WILL find games with like-minded people who are willing to play by your rules and not something you dislike. That's the beauty of it, you are free to make your own rules on your own server, and join ones you agree with, while avoiding ones you don't. If your favorite server turns "lame" just find another one. The "sabers only" servers are just the tip of the JK2 ice-berg anyway.

Other people will make their own decisions. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing this (in this and in other game communities) the old "because I'm leaving, everybody else is too" song-and-dance.

Sorry for the rant, but it's gotten really old and stale.

Also see my further comments in this other thread (don't people scan the threads anymore before posting?):

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76515

Archived