Do you know any Martal Arts?

JandoFett1842

Do you know any Martial Arts?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know any Martial Arts?

• Yes (specify)
    • No
    • I know some, just not compleate styles

I know the Scottish art of foocu, which is a subtle art that involves biting, head-butting and mastering the bottle smashing over the head move.

In other words, no I don’t.

I was once throw out of judo classes after punching someone in the nose (how was I suppose to know that you didn’t hit anyone in judo?)

Originally posted by JandoFett1842

OK KID!! WHY DO YOU INSIST ON CORRECTING ME?? SPELLING DOESNT MATTER HERE, IT JUST HAS TO BE CLOSE!! OK!!!

OK in that context is a question, so it should be OK??

only joking :D

I'm surprised. Every time I've ever seen martial arts mentioned online, dozens of people come forward to boast of their prowess in 15 different forms of fighting. I believe maybe one in two. But so far, people have sounded honest. Sweet.

I have a red belt in Su Bahk Do, took it for about two years and taught for about six months. Fun stuff, it taught me how to move better, using heel pivots and such. I rarely fall down now. ;)

My friends in school both practice Kung Fu (sp?)

One *who is constantly chided and jested about being rather short* is a brown or black belt and really fun to watch.

The other *who I.. uhh.. like :D* is not as proficent but just as cool to watch :rolleyes:

I wish I could do that stuff, but I can't even do a somersault.... I can do a JO-like roll though :)

Me, I don't know any martial arts, no fancy combo or anything. I just picked up minor stuff Kung Fu stuff from my dad, but they're just exercises, nothing serious. Traditional style I think, and they're hard! Especially that squat thing, which I call the toilet breaker. (Stand like you're on the toilet and hold it! Keep your back and head straight, legs prependicular to torso and keep feet parallel! Decent time is 1 minute(?), my time is 2........3 is hoop reachable, 5 is expert. 9 is insane!)

And the one thing important in everything: Keep calm, works wonders, faster speed=better strength, as momentum=speedxvelocity, and force=speedxacceleration if you want to know why.......

Originally posted by leXX

My brother and I are both black belts in shotokan karate. I got my blackbelt at the age of 15, my brother at 11.

How many years did it take to get those black belts lexx?

One of my friends practice karate, and he says shotokan is very "mainstream" karate, where you get belts pretty quickly. He is practicing kyuokoshinkai karate where it takes a minimum of 5 years to get the black belt, so I'm wondering on behalf of him how long it takes.

Anyway, I'm not practicing any kind of martial art, unless fast finger reflexes in computer games counts :D

I am considering beginning on karate, but I just found out that would mean that my mate would have to give me lessons if I did

:rolleyes:

I know a few moves, but what I do is mainly flail my arms and make bird sounds... :D I would like to know Kung Fu so everyday I could wake up, look at my dog and say "I know Kung Fu":D . anyway, I'm very defensive and calm. you won't see me making the first move or loosing my cool. whenever my brother gets mad enough, he runs at me with one leg suspended (I think he's trying to kick me) and hops towards me:rolleyes: . I of course just push on his foot and knock him over:rolleyes: :rolleyes::D ... fight won... really easy :( or maybe :) ... hmmm....

Archived