Home

creative uses for AOL cd's...

SPY_jmr1

this is the thread to expose your creative side... post things you have done with those AOL cd's that come in the mail all the time.

the only one I can think of off hand, once before we were going to paint a room, we took a bunch of these in there, and saw who could "frisbee" it off the most walls:D

I was finding cd's for months afterwards:D

any ideas?

yeah, i did the frisbee thing.....

i also played trix on my friends, cause when i got like 100 of them, i would pelt him with em at a party, and then duck behind ppl, and he never figured out who did it. also, i taped one over my left eye ones and acted like a mad scientist (i was hyper, and i was in sleep-deprivation mode) :lol:

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker

Tea coaster

Earrings for my Girlfriend

eye glasses

knee and elbow pads for skateboarding

skateboard wheels

mirror

plate

frisbee

nipple decorations

yes i use them for all those things, daily.

:rofl:! Nipple Decorations! hilliarious! :lol:

10.) Pigmy Snack Trays.

9.) Sun Catchers.

8.) Midget Frisbies.

7.) Hupcaps for spare tires on foreign cars.

6.) Repackage them and cell them as big band CDs to the elderly.

5.) Beer coasters.

4.) Pizza cutters.

3.) Slingshot fodder.

2.) Safety collars for very, very small dogs.

And the number one use for AOL star up discs is:

1.) Christmas presents for distant realatives who insist on sending you fruitcakes every year!

Now this is a great thread. I absolutely HATE AOL.

You could create an attractive wall hanging with all the CD's on the shiney side. Just punch holes in the top, bottom, left and right of the CD's and tie them together with wire.

hmmm, I'm gonna do that! :D

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Sharpen their edges and use them as flying discs of death used to strike down thine enemies.

:eyeraise:

rhett youve got problems, you are almost as insane as i am

besides everyone knows you have to make them look like the things from predator first, then they cut

well since you asked, i once gathered up all my friends collections of AOL discs and randomly useless cd's (like 98% of em were AOL disks the others were just as pointless) and i put em in my locker at school, one day i found my opportunity *grins like a wolf in a sheep herd*. a guy that i didnt much like had left his lockey unlocked at lunch and i just had to do it. i placed all of the cds (they literally filled up his entire locker) inside. they were mostly on the lower edge of the lockey but i fit a fair number on the top shelf. i then proceded to lock his lock so that he wouldnt be suspicious of his locker when next he opened it.

later that day i was fortunate to see him approaching his locker and (this is pure golden luck right here, im not even sure how it managed to happen as they seemed secure when i put em on the shelf) shouted his name just as he opened it. he continued to open his locker as he looked over to see the source of his name being yelled. about 20 cds fell right on the top of that morons head and one of em cut his ear. it was a small papercut like cut but it bled a little so i thought it was worth mentioning. with his attention renewed upon his lockey he forgot all about his name being called and chucked all the cds out rather viciously. he was flinging em behind him as a dog would dig a hole in the ground. unknowing who was behind him he managed to hit his math teacher with a ffull handfull of those damn AOL cds and he got quite a few days of detention. i, the culprit of the crime remain unknown to him. (hopefully nobody from my school will see this and tell him as i hope that mystery haunts him to the grave)

Everytime you get posted one, get a pen and cross out the address and mark 'return to sender'. Pop it in a postbox and the Post Office will return it to AOL distrubution and charge them 3 times the postage price for the return. In the UK I think its about 60p and about $1 in the US.

That'll teach 'em. I wonder how much they would lose if every disk was returned? Ha.

I still get the disks sent through becasue I used AOL for 3 months back in 1996, despite the fact that I never paid the bill and they disconnected the service.

Archived