Home

WIP: Mace Windu

Toonces

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The updates seem to be slowing for this model, but I was wondering how much there is left to do. Is it completed and you guys are just waiting until the other models are done, or is Mace not finished? Just a quick update would be great, so we can get an idea how much longer we might be waiting.

Cheers :D

Originally posted by Toonces

heh, nah, that's my old Shetland Sheepdog, she died a few years back. She might have been a little heavy in that pic, but she really just had a ton of hair :) I found that picture the other day, thought it would make a cool avatar :)

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/cassie8.jpg

:eek::sweat: Sorry Toonces... hope I didn't offend you. The picture is cute though... I've got a relative with a dog like that.

No way man, not even close :D I have a pretty good sence of humor and Shetland Sheepdogs DO look like fat Collies ;) They are probly my favorate breed. Oh, her name was Cassie btw, my sister named her

On the models, they all only have minor problems for me to fix still. I've been working on a few new models so I haven't pushed myself to finish them yet. Soon though :)

Mace is finished, all I have left to do is tweak the shoulders on the robe which is being difficult and we'll be all ready to go. As to weather they will be released together or not, I keep changing my mind. I hate to keep them from you all, but I think one BIG release might be very cool to do

I would have to suggest not releasing them in one .zip - remember, there are still people with 56k modems and it takes time to even suck down one model on a 56k.

I've been working on a few new models so I haven't pushed myself to finish them yet.

Do these new models include the ROTJ Luke you were working on? I was looking forward to that one. But then again, I look forward to anything you make Toonces. ;):D

I still suggest one big pack, it's kind of remind me of the glory of the BFP Pack back for JK. Any Episode II obi-wan, please oh please, but Tex's was shaping up so nicely.........

As Darth Loki says, with a 56k modem a big pack of all the models would take a long time (I assume a few megs per model?). Especially if people are only interested in one or two of the models, having to download them all would be a pain. I don't know if it would work out this way, but you may end up limiting your "customer base" by putting them all in one pack. People that are really keen on Mace (like me! :p) would download regardless, but those people "on the fence" or with slow connections, which is still the majority, might see the large file size for the pack and decide against it. I would guess that if you release them seperately, you will get the widest distribution for each model. Besides, it can be disappointing having to wait for a seperate model to be finished before you can get your hands on the model you really want. Just a thought :)

No need to worry, I'm not going to pack them all up in one massive zip. Even though I've had broadband for many years I know how annoying dialup is

As for a release date, I can't give you guys one, sorry, I just don't know when I will be able to finish them up. Soon I hope but I can't give any timeline right now

any chance you may do some modeling for ut2k3???

No need to worry, I'm not going to pack them all up in one massive zip. Even though I've had broadband for many years I know how annoying dialup is

As for a release date, I can't give you guys one, sorry, I just don't know when I will be able to finish them up. Soon I hope but I can't give any timeline right now

Originally posted by Flanders

Toonces I have an idea,

Make them in seperated downloads like You can download Mace with no robe, and mace with a robe, seperately, to help all the 56k'ers! :D

Now that would be an overkill. There will be one zip for each charecter.

skywalker, Yeah, I'm doing some stuff for UT2k3. It's a much nicer engine :)

Originally posted by Matt-Liell Arroblade

im sorry if this has been answered already but, r u finished it toonces? if so can i get it yet? again sorry if it has been answered i didnt have time to read the whole thread! great work by the way!

You didn't have to read the whole thread, but you could've read the last couple of posts where your question was answered. :rolleyes:

It's all good. I don't really do betas, only in extremely limited quantities and almost always people I have face to face contact with. I just have a thing about putting out work I'm not 100% proud of

Anyway, just to clear this long debated topic from back a few pages. Upon checking out the DVD, Mace's Tabbards definatly cross in the back. I snapped this one shot

maceback.jpg

Archived