Home

What is your Favorite RTS? (and why)

Rogue15

My favorite rts' are:

Galactic Battlegrounds:

cause I can make my own scenarios, be the trade federation, use jedi and sith, and i like being able to build approximately 200 AT-ATs and sending them across the battlefield to the enemy base while the game is screaming 'OMG I'M GOING TO CRASH!!!'

Rebellion:

I love making huge fleets or Star Destroyers and fighters, and stormtrooper garrisons and controlling the galaxy, not to mention using the deathstar on...coruscant! (it'll practically kill support for your planets though, but it's really funny)

Force Commander:

I LOVE the 3D camera, the BHCI interface (it makes you feel as if your'e really a Force Commander!!!), the awesome explosions, sweet best soundtrack (i like at least), and it just makes your spine tingle when you've got 5 AT-ATs accompanied by 10 AT-PTs, 7 AT-STs, and 10 AT-AAs for air support, then when you arrive at the enemy's base, it's so awesome cause you're like 'MOVE FASTER!!! KILL THIS, KILL THIS KILL THIS NOW!! NO OMG YOU JUST YOU STUPID AT-AAS GET THE **** BACK HERE MY AT-ATS ARE GETTING BOMBED!!!!!' :angel:

:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:

Currently ... AoK: TC

But next Friday changes are big it will be AoM (I luv the demo)

I like the ensemble games ... that's why I like SWGB too, altough I think AoK is better than SWGB. I Like it when a game has an historical feel (Yes, even AoM has some historical feel, because Mythology is part of History :D)

my €0,02

Right now I'm addicted to Eurpa Universalis II. A diplomatic RTS...not a shoot-em-up RTS. You have to go around building allainces, and our economy. Sometimes you get in a war and it can be a bit tidious. (Especially since I was the Iriqous and had nearly half the map and I'm in a war. All of the sudden "Civil War" erupts...oh crap...half of my povinces erupt in rebellion and most of those provinces are well fortified. And several provinces declare total independence. Quebec, United States, and Mexico form into nations. I had to go annex my own territory back, so I lost the war with another country and it's allies and ended up giving them most of The British Isles, but it was OK. The British Isles declared independence from Eire so I have them vassilized. They are my sevants...WORSHIP ME) anyway...as you can tell I'm addicted.

Also I play alot of Sid Meier's Civil War games (Gettysburg, Antietam, and South Mountain). Fun games. Deffinatly in my all time top ten.

I play some WC3, but not as much as I'd like since EUII takes up the bulk of my playing time.

I liked RA2 (and the Xpack, Yuri's revenge. As u might have guessed, I like playing as Soviets;) ) , until I lost it.:(

I don't play too many RTS's these days, and GB is the only one that I have and still play. I like GB, until a better SW RTS comes out.

Cossacks is quite good (escpecially with Xpack).

I gues BF1942 could be considered an RTS, and so could Renegade, in a sence, and I like them! Maybe they fall into a class of their own: RTSFPS

;)

I love a good RTS. Some of my favs are the usuals...

SW GB

The Ages series (Empires, Kings, and Mythology)

Warcraft 1-3

The C&C series (orginal, tiberion sun, RA 1 and 2)

One of the best RTS in my opinion is Sudden Strike. I love it. Its very very challenging. I can't wait to get Sudden Strike 2. Its suppose to be much much better also. Awesome!!

My favorite is warcraft 3...very cool...

in aok my main weakness was my inability to build fast enough to get enough units, and the fact that people could build uptil 200 units, really ruined the game for me since i like sending fewer units in battle and like fighting fewer units....

but since wc3 showed up...leading a small army consisting of riflemen, footmen and a hero into the enemy's town is a lot more fun, since the unit limit is only 90 and many units including the hero take up more than 1 of those population spaces :o

i played the whole c&c series but after RA i was a bit disappointed in the new c&c, so i stopped playin rts.

i liked ra very much cause it was about tactics and fightin instead of buildin an empire.

maybe im gonne start again. any thought on which games i should have a look at?

My favorite is either teh original Warcraft or Original Command & Conquer.

Those two games ushered in the RTS addiction from which I now suffer! :p

In more recent developments, I love the game, Stronghold. It combines the medieval times, a castle sim, and an RTS seamlessly, and effectively. Not to mention the animations and complexity will make your head spin! :p

WarCraft III, of course!

I'm currently playing AoM demo, and it's pretty good, but i'm not sure if I'm going to buy cuz it wont be able to get me out of WC3...

Rebellion is really good too, and I enjoyed SWGB for a couple of months...

StarCraft kept me awake for nights. It's the game I played the most... but it's outmatched by WC3 now.

WarCraft II was one of my first game, and it was really addictive.

but since wc3 showed up...leading a small army consisting of riflemen, footmen and a hero into the enemy's town is a lot more fun, since the unit limit is only 90 and many units including the hero take up more than 1 of those population spaces

That's why I like WC3 better than AoM!

Archived