Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ShogunBlade

look im sorry if like your gay lover has been bashed i havent seen a response like that since i told my wife's family to take her back... look they cant ban me for voicing my opinion... stop ya cryin already you dont like what i posted say so and be done.. im far from an idiot and i do have a job hense the 76 or 77 posts lol you guys must live here anyway.. my point is this the model will never be completed so why sit here and say ahhh man thats the greatest modell ever.. when you dont even know what it looks like

Actually, according to the LucasForums Rules and Policies, we can ban/remove you from the LucasForums if in fact your "Voicing of opinion" is bashing or make personal attacks at other members of flaming members and threads excessively, which in fact is why you got banned the FIRST time.

So Let this be a warning to those who think just saying ANYTHING is voicing their opinion. Any Bashing, Personal attacks, excessive flaming CAN AND BY ALL MEANS, GET YOU BANNED From the LucasForums and any Forums there within the LucasForums.

On the notes of process, and peoples obsession/defense of the model.

Let me first state that to come and whine and complain about it not being done, shows far more excessive obsession than those that bother to defend the human being responsible for making it.

While these folks raise the point in their rants that there are other models out there, they, in the same stroke are in fact attacking the modeller for not having THEIR model done.

To say that this is hypocrisy in one of it's worst forms is rather an understatement.

It is simple, that if you're tired of waiting use a different model.

What this comes down to is the fact that evernyone who has posted on this thread, or followed this thread has done so... not just because they want an anakin model... there are anakin models out there already... but because they must've been impressed by what they saw of Terc's work. Enough to want to follow this model.

All of this "Ass-kissing" Comes down to a respect for the artist, and the knowledge that life is a bitch, and this modelling isn't paying terc's bills.

Those that have stuck with terc through stuff like this from the beginning are the people that he's been making this for. These are the folks that care about the art and work behind it wheather it comes out or not.

All artists need feedback of sometype at one time or another. And if anything, whatever happens with the model, you have forced Terc to improve as a modeller over the course of his work on this model. In that you can take some pride if you like.

However, whatever happens with this, it wont be the last you hear of Terc... thats for damn sure ^_-

On note about him talking about his life, He felt he owed an explaination to you people out there as to what was effecting his hobby time.

Those of us with social relations of any sort, know well that mere statements of 'I broke up' etc. rarely do any justice to the situation which can be far messier and more drawn out than it need be.

And for those of you who wonder who the hell I am...

I'm a close friend of Terc's and I see him often.

Known him for 6 years or so now, and I was once an apprentice modeller to him.

Now I'm his new GF but that's rather aside.

Whelp.... that's my two cents.

All I can say Seka is amen. That was well-thought out and straight to the point. All this bickering about Terc's had RL issues and computer issues certainly did not help him progress any farther thatn when everything appeared to be normal. But with hopes his computer gets back up is up to those willing to help him, which have been plentiful.

Its good to hear you and Terc are together. Well, enough of my $.02 for here.

This is an OFFICIAL PM from -Tercero-

Re: Welcome back from teh dead:)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy867 wrote on 03-08-2003 03:15 AM:

Sup my man? How's the meltdown "clean-up" coming along? Any good news to report?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far no news - having issues with Linux not liking FAT32 formats, but it's looking like linux is the only way I can get the drive to even read since it will read a drive regardless of formatting... ugh... too much computer-related weirdness... this soooo isn't my field... still - trying to keep up hope.

So he is trying desperately to do anything to get his computer back up. We are all praying Tercero for a safe recovery. :D

Well I have been following this thread since day one althought I never posted frankly cause I never had anything to say. Saddened as I am by the problems Terc has had and just like everyone else I hope he gets it working something saddens me more. That people would stoop so low as to bully and insulting a modeler who is just trying to get a project done. Pardon me but when did bullying help get things done last time I checked it just hindered things more than helped. As for RL issues yes life is a bitch and Terc I totally feel for you on that. I may have been a jackass in the past but I hope to be better in the future. You have my support Terc and I hope you get back all your work either that or Tooneces shows up with the beta. Well thats enough outta me.

And...since I dun like follow what everyone says.....theres my $0.03 cents. Good night and goodbye.

Well toonces has made a couple models for us at AOTCTC like Mace windu and kit fisto and upcomming obiwan, well he really made them both for the fans and the TC, but anyway as soon as toonces gets back I will talk to him about continuing the model Anakin for the TC and release. So I am sure either way the fans of this model may get there very much anticipated anakin model. Well good luck to Terc and hope to see you soon.

Originally posted by Toonces

Oh, Andy867, I never left man My job has been soaking up so much of my time that my modeling projects have really been a struggle to keep up with. I'll send a e-mail out to Terc and Dark to see what's up.

[/Quote]

Theres word from Toonces that he just been busy with his job, he never left:) So Dark and Terc, he'll try to send ya an email like he said to see what's up. So, hopefully the project will be able to resume.

• 2 weeks later...

1.) Restart your computer in MS-DOS

2.) In MS-DOS type Format C: or for quick format type Format C: /q

3.) Say yes and sit tight for a bit while all your data is cleared off.

------WARNING this will clear everything on your harddrive.------

Tip Formating a drive isnt always necessarlly named C: it could be D: or E: or F: and so on, depending on the drive name. Formating with Xp is bit different. Youll have to make a boot disk or have another OS disk to boot it to DOS. You can also fdisk it to delete any partitions but you still need to format. And Toonces how the heck are ya geeze long type no see!

Originally posted by Toonces

Alright, I've finally found the early version of the model on my computer. Sorry it took so long, but work has been keeping me so busy that I've barely touched this computer in months.

I'll e-mail Terc now and see what's going on

WOOOOOOOO GO TOONCES

i've been waiting for like a year :D im so happy!

I haven't seen so much hatred in a thread in my entire life. Flamming here and there. Modelling is extremely hard, in my perspective. I wanna learn how to model, but it'z extremely hard. Also, I know this is said over and over again, but like when someone makes a model, don't rush them. It'z their creation, there is no "dead-line"(Unless they are like doing it for work or for a movie or game or whatever). I am not "kissing" anyone's butt...I'm just stating the obvious. Sure it'z a bummer losing this model. But like Seka said....there are other Anakin Skywalker models. Heck, any Anakin Skywalker model is good for me. I asked for someone to make a Queen Amidala Episode I model earlier. No has has made it...or did any progress on it. I'm not like furious about it or anything. I understand that it takes a lot of work and it might be too much work. I give a lot of props to people who make models in the first place. Hopefully, everything goes right for both Tercero and Toonces in the process of this model. If there is no progress, it'z understandable. I'm not going to bite off heads or kill anyone with my Double-Bladed Lightsaber. :D:saberr::dmaul3::sprobe::sithm::holosid:

Archived