Home

??????

peter james

Originally posted by leXX

Actually, I think Obi was trained by Yoda as a child before he was Qui-Gon's Padawan, like when you see Yoda training the kids in AOTC! I think that is what he was refering to. Just a thought.

I think so too I think he was part of Yoda's Younglings when he was a child then Qui-Gon went to the academy and chose him as his padawan

Originally posted by Purple_Tentacle

after qui-gon died i believe that obiwan (as a jedi knight) learnt alot from yoda, it was between episode 1 & 2 where obi wan learnt the most about the force. this would make what obiwan said to luke true. and we have a thed about how it would have been pointless to tell luke about qui-gon.

I must say that I disagree. I belive that you have to be fully trained to manage to face the trials, it would not have worked if each that became Jedi Knight would spend the next 10 years being trained even more. Obi-Wan was no longer being trained, he was now the trainer, and he should not be that if he was still "untrained". And we know quite sure that Obi-Wan spent most of his time travelling with Anakin, and since Yoda just sits around at the Jedi Temple all day, I doubt it even more.

Also, he wasn't very much better swordfighter in ep2 than in ep1. Few "untrained" would have been able to kill a sith lord.

One thing suprises me. Why didn't Obi-Wan follow the Living Force? Did he really trust Yoda more than his master? And at least in respect for Qui-Gon, he should have at least teached about the Living Force to Anakin.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there was a lot that happened between Episode 1 and 2. Obi-wan apparently had to face the trials to become a Jedi Knight. and with 10 years, a lot of training could have happened. Because Palpatine was talking to Anakin, and Anakin kept saying about how Palpatine's guidance helped more than anything, or something like that. So there is a lot that isn't explained in the movies themself, just hints to them.

Well, there was a lot that happened between Episode 1 and 2. Obi-wan apparently had to face the trials to become a Jedi Knight. and with 10 years, a lot of training could have happened. Because Palpatine was talking to Anakin, and Anakin kept saying about how Palpatine's guidance helped more than anything, or something like that. So there is a lot that isn't explained in the movies themself, just hints to them.

Yoda in Episode I: "Confer on you, the level of Jedi Knight the Council does..." So Obi-Wan was a Jedi Knight at the end of Episode I... more likely than not, the Council thought that killing a Sith Lord single-handedly was enough of a trial ;)

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

I must say that I disagree. I belive that you have to be fully trained to manage to face the trials, it would not have worked if each that became Jedi Knight would spend the next 10 years being trained even more.

What creates the distinction between Knight and Master then? Shear power perhaps? Or do Knights simply self-train to become masters?

Kryllith

From my understanding the tree to becoming a master is:

Padawan

Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight with apprentice

Jedi Master when your Apprentice becomes a Jedi Knight and begins instructing a padawan of their own.

I can't remember where I read that, but I do remember it being from a reliable source.

Originally posted by Kryllith

What creates the distinction between Knight and Master then? Shear power perhaps? Or do Knights simply self-train to become masters?

Kryllith

You become a Master when your Padawan becomes a Knight. The title "master" (eg. master kenobi) is an honorary title granted when a Knight takes a padawan.

Originally posted by peter james

begin quote:

"You will go to the degobah system - there you will learn from Yoda - the jedi master who instructed me"

end quote.

wasnt he instructed by liam :confused:

GL prolly forgot about that - bad GL bad !

the jedi apprentice books clear that up

until the age of 13 they are all instructed in the temple by all the masters, including Yoda. then when they reach the age of 13 they are choosen by a jedi knight to be their padawans. if they aren't choosen they have to leave the temple and join the agriculture corps.

that's why in TPM, when mace says THEY won't train anakin, qui-gonn says he will train him himself. because being 9 anakin is too young to be a padawan but too old to start temple training.

this is all EU of course, but i think it explains it pretty well

Lucas says in the Episode I audio commentary that young Jedi train with Yoda until they're about seven or eight. So, yeah, Obi-Wan was trained by Yoda in the basics of Force use.

He also says that in EP II when he is talking about the relationship between Anakin and his mother. Anakin was with his mother for a long time. That was why he went through all those dreams. If he had been trained by Yoda when he was a little kid he wouldn't of had those dreams that much. Yoda trains them at a young age. Then when they get to a certain age they go to being trained by other Jedi.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

That was why he went through all those dreams.

He had those dreams because the force was relaying to him how much his mother was suffering. Probably because of his inability to control such delicate parts of the force, and because of his ultra high midi-chlorian count.

Originally posted by Andy867

Also, in Episode II, obi-wan doesn't think Anakin's abilities are atuned to sensing, like when the queen was about to be assassinated (Again). Yet, notice how Anakin detected the creatures before Obi-wan. Very peculiar.

I don't know if he sensed it first. I believe that they both assumed a facial expression detailing their knowledge of a threat at the same time, but Anakin spoke first. I could be wrong though, and it will take slow motion viewing and careful study to see who saw it first.

Originally posted by PowerBroker

He had those dreams because the force was relaying to him how much his mother was suffering. Probably because of his inability to control such delicate parts of the force, and because of his ultra high midi-chlorian count.

If you watch the Comentary it is because his attachment to his mother. If he had been taken away to become a Jedi at a young age he would't of had those dreams about his mother because he wouldn't of been so attached. He was introduced to the Order at a old age so he was not able to be instructed by Yoda. He was a Padawan of Obi-Wan first so he did not go through the most basic training of a Jedi. Like there is no Emotion, there is only peace. He had emotion for his mother when he was not suppose to have any emotional attachent's to anything. The Force was only something that he could use to sense his mother more since he had feelings. Had he been trained it wouldn't effect him cause he would have no emotional attachments.

:lsduel::duel:

Archived