Home

Wtf??? Darn Bond Critics!!!

JandoFett1842

^What you guys said and.....

I don't listen to the critics anyways......they don't have a frickking clue as far as I'm concerned! I mean, all they do is sit around and bitch about things all day.........why would I want to listen to that? :rolleyes:

Yet they give all the good reviews to the the movies that we are never going to see. Like Gosford Park. I remember them giving better reviews for that movie than Black Hawk Down. I have figured out one thing. What ever a critic says about a movie it means the opposite. I think that the last time agreed with me was before I was born. In my opinion they are just as bad as lawyers.

:duel::lsduel:

Personally i'm fed up with the bullet time effects, it was dead like 2 years ago IMO. You can't base a movie entirely on effects, and Bond movies have always been pretty good about keeping up to date without completely selling out to trends. As far as critics go, just remember.............Titanic!

*shudders*

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

Yet they give all the good reviews to the the movies that we are never going to see. Like Gosford Park. I remember them giving better reviews for that movie than Black Hawk Down. I have figured out one thing. What ever a critic says about a movie it means the opposite. I think that the last time agreed with me was before I was born. In my opinion they are just as bad as lawyers.

Remember, it's an opinion thing. I personally thought Gosford Park was much better experience than Black Hawk Down (which was exactly like every movie Bruckheimer produces). Black Hawk Down was good, don't get me wrong... but it's easily forgettable. Just because you don't agree with a critic doesn't mean their opinion shouldn't count for something. I agree with them, and disagree with them sometimes... but they've never stopped me from seeing a movie.

You might want to consider the fact that many critics know what the hell they are talking about, too...

"Maan, the critics slaughtered "The One" with Jet Lee, daaamnit man they have no clue, that movie fecken rocks!"

....Things like that....

Many movies -and especially actionmovies- suck, and get what they deserve.

Bond isn't my cup o' tea, personally. I've never found the plot to be very good, and it certainly didn't make sit and wonder in awe afterwards. Matrix did that. Bond is just some mass produced series now, IMHO.

Black Hawk Down could have used some more gritty realism in my book - Saving pvt Ryan-style beach moments, somalians pissing, the two snipers getting their balls sewn off in a blood frenzy etc. More in-your-face realism.

Critics affect me, but they won't stop me from seeing a movie if it sounds good to me.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I think most critics have lost track of what they're job really is.

Golden wisdom :thumbsup:

A critic's job is to guide people to movies that are currently worth watching. It won't help the average Joe to know that none but 2 movies are currently worth watching. Critics should realize that a movie is good as long as it's fun and entertaining to watch.

Did Episode 2 have a great plot? No. Was it entertaining? You bet it was.

If no movies that are currently out are of such a high quality, then the critics should lower their über standard of what movies should be like, and come down to earth in celebration of entertainment - not avant garde.

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

^What you guys said and.....

I don't listen to the critics anyways......they don't have a frickking clue as far as I'm concerned! I mean, all they do is sit around and bitch about things all day.........why would I want to listen to that? :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. They always say "It is the best movie of the year." all the time even if it is crap and then they rag on the good movies.

Archived