Home

day of the tentacle intro tune

ctrl alt supr

Classical music in LucasArts titles is an interesting subject. :) In The Curse of Monkey Island, you can hear a reggae version of Wagner's Bridal March from Lohengrin. It's the second melody and not as often heard at weddings as the widely used "Here comes the bride".

And obviously, Loom was classical all the way. Tchaikovsky owns.

Originally posted by QueZTone

swordmaster, not to mention The Dig's music which is obviously originally Wagner's work

Yes, I was just giving out some examples. :) The Dig's score is indeed based on the works of Wagner on which Michael built the incredible soundscape of the game.

Telarium (or was it Serge?) also had an interesting story about Fate of Atlantis and a piece called Dies Irae. Don't remember the details anymore, though.

Originally posted by Swordmaster

Telarium (or was it Serge?) also had an interesting story about Fate of Atlantis and a piece called Dies Irae. Don't remember the details anymore, though.

I'm pretty sure this was the song often associated with death... something like that... You can also hear it during the opening of The Shining (the Kubrick version - the long helicopter shot following the car down the long forest road)... I might be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what you're talking about Joonas.

Is that the one that plays in Fate of Atlantis

in the god-making right at the end of the game, but before Ubermann and whatshisface pop out

? We had that piece of music in a test last year and I was humming along...I got some pretty weird looks :)

1. The opening music in DOTT is from part of the William Tell overture. This overture includes the classc theme associated with The Lone Ranger. Notice I said "part of"... the overture is pretty big. Most search results of MP3s will probably just get you the "Lone Ranger" theme. Try searching for "Handel William Tell" or something.

2. The musical reference in Fate of Atlantis you were discussing is called Dies Irae, aka Day of Wrath. It's an old Catholic funeral melody that is commonly used to create a sense of doom... hence its use at the very beginning of The Shining and its association with the god machine in FOA.

Archived