Home

How To Get The Most Out Of These Forums

Paragon_Leon

Well, i read through several of the 'Forums get boring' threads now, and all i can say is.....

GAH !

People, take a good look.

You have infinite pages ready to browse through, packed with fun facts, interesting discussions (if you can't find one on page one, then try page 14, etc.) and great member interaction altogether.

So i say to those who feel these forums start to show their age; USE that age and you'll find a treasure-trove of postable stuff.

**steps down from soapbox**

Well said, Leon!

At least twice a month I go back and re-read some of the "classic", or entertaining threads form just a few months back to all teh way back to day one. It's fun to see how we started and teh people who were here and how they (us) evolved into teh posters and forum we are today. I still chuckle at the trivia threads, the Delphi threads, even the Viper threads.

Leon's right, go through the history and found yourself lost in the rich lore of this wonderful forum! :D

Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

LOL viper threads... how bout the masta and viper flame war threads

Do you love flame wars? Are you fascinated by bad language? Do you make a hobby of reading posts made by morons!?

...Can't get enough of Viper? Have I got the place for you! Check the old clan recruiting forums today... you WON'T regret it! ;)

Hey, remember dr. death? Funny guy... with the determination of a bulldog! :p

Originally posted by krkode

i remember dr. death!!

I remember the first time i came here, i thought he and fergie were the same person :p

Is that an insult? *lights up lightsaber* Party's over sucka...your postcount is going down.:cool:

BTW, I think he means bill thrawn...he basically froze up our forum for a day because he posted p0rn in most of the threads. REALLY ticked off our members and influenced us to get more mods (Rhett and JayVizIon).

Anybody remember Tirion *Nexsis*?

Oh geez, don't bring him up.

In case your wondering, though, he was a guy that got into lots of debates. He was sometimes right about it, and sometimes wrong about it, but no matter what you said he would call it a "cop out". Why he did it I do not know, maybe cause he never had any answers, maybe cause he just liked really annoying the other members. Hmm...forever will it remain a mystery.

Oh, and he was the leader of that GB clan Nexsis, hence the name. Unlike most others on the board, he was not a real pleasent guy.

I guess you add him to the list of people i've had clashes with over the years on LucasForums. And to think, in real life i'm a complete non-confrontationalist! ;)

Ahhh...good times, good times....

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Why he did it I do not know, maybe cause he never had any answers, maybe cause he just liked really annoying the other members. Hmm...forever will it remain a mystery.

Little jabs like that are just as annoying as saying, "Cop out". :D;)

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

Do you love flame wars? Are you fascinated by bad language? Do you make a hobby of reading posts made by morons!?

Yes, Defenitely, Its my only source of humor! ;)

I think the Viper thing was the only time that SOMEBODY was on my side in an argument...

Originally posted by STTCT

be careful you never know when someone could be reading these forums and decide to come back! :eek:

No, if i know Tirion, he'll never come back, especially to the off-topic board. Besides, i don't really care anyways. It was meant to be jab, after all.

Clefo, i don't think thats the only time. I mean, what about when...er...or that time with....umm...nevermind. ;)

I was under the impression that he was a well liked person...didn't he get the most votes for senatorial elections? oh well, nice to the forumers doesn't necessarily mean nice to Tie Guy :D

...well also he did have a whole clan join the forums to vote for him...

I played a demo-game of GB with Tirion that became almost legendary... it can still be found in some archives..

He was a nice enough player; typical clan-member including the moods and avalanche of debates / wording.

BTW: this is not an 'oh the good times' thread; rather a roll-call to have people delve into the forums and get inspired.

Archived