Home

Now Hear This!!!! Temp Rules!!!

SPY_jmr1

ok, I may not be able to control EVERYTHING in here, but from now on, I am calling on all mods to put these temp rules into place...

I had to close the versus thread, at least for now, as it was being abused....

please dont make me lock the rest of the game threads, or i'll sic lexx on you...

its VERY late, and if you make me mad, bad things... I forsee...

ok, rules!

in the past we had a slack spam policy... no more... I will be cracking down on spam, at least untill we get the "store" concept sorted out...

whining about how the main game thread was locked will be deleted. (you know who you are)

I hope to be able to delete this soon, but as I have seen with my own eyes, its needed...

I will leave this open overnight, so users may comment, and add sugesttions and such...

please dont spam a mods thread... fast way to a slow death... ;)

Writing to Aristotle about this SUPER idea now.....

-edit- this was what i wrote.....please correct me if im thinking wrong

Ok, I'm gonna go out on the ledge here and tell you what I think of the new idea...now since this is limited space it'll most likely be in a few parts.

First and foremost, I'm hoping you had the idea of how the spam level and interest in posting to other 10 threads on one board will become frequent. Not to mention how the game threads are going to be abused to the limit. I believe I demonstrated that part in the jk2 forum, where two of them got closed. The deleting a post thing is great, however pointless since most posts posted in a thread that are on topic will not be moderated, in a place like the swamp is.

Now onto the amazing ideas.....=

1. You didn't set any limits on the amount of stickyies, so if we hypothetically take into consideration that 10 members got the credits, there are 10 stickies, of which will 8 most likely be crap threads.

2. Changing the custom title, well I hope you see that one yourself, the 1000 posts don't matter anymore, and the titles that were invented so far lose complete momentum. It's like cheating your way to the top.

3. Glow's kinda cool, but that can be done so that everyone has the option to do it from the get go, and if it could be free, it should be free, don't you think? However you could limit it so it would actually have a USE, like having normal members blue, mods orange, admins red, etc.

4. Moderator for a day? I don't know if that was serious or not, but that gives any average joe member the ability to look into the moderating forum, which ain't for public eyes. Not to mention if you get an infant in that place, you get super trouble of the person in question doing nasty things to the forum.

5. If everyone can change usernames, nobody would be able to tell anyone apart, which adds to the great world of confusion.

6. Calendar's nice, no objections on that, don't really see why it's a buy option though...

7. Erm italic usernames...ok...looks like you were running out of ideas on that one...

8. The midi files. Now I'm not a bandwidth/space expert but are you sure that the forums can take 100-500 members having a piece of song in their profiles?

Anyway, a lot of reasons why the thing is a bad idea, from my perspective at least...can you tell me any of the good points of this please, I sure don't see em.

The way I see it, it's a good idea, but the current use of your "money" is somewhat inane.

Moderator for a day. Heaven forbid.

Sticky threads..... I don't like the sound of that.

Give another user a custom title...... I might just start labeling all the mods "Idiots" - if you get my drift. Abusable, yes.

The rest are fine, but I say we think up some more, better ones.

And this idea promotes spam like no other, but I guess people are going to think twice about it, once their money starts getting ripped by angry mods :D

EDIT: I can't enter my profile, or options.

EDIT2: I don't like the idea of money being so dependant on threads - any fool can make a topic that then subsequently turns out to bring in loads of replies. Think game threads. IMHO, it should rest solely on posts, and if those are deemed spammy, the perpetrator will find himself bankrupt in a matter of minutes.

4. Moderator for a day? I don't know if that was serious or not, but that gives any average joe member the ability to look into the moderating forum, which ain't for public eyes. Not to mention if you get an infant in that place, you get super trouble of the person in question doing nasty things to the forum.

If that was serious i think the main thing that it would do is let the admins and co see who's a suitable moderator so that if one day they need a new mod, they'll know straight away who's hot and who's not :)

Closing the versus thread was very brave of you :D i miss it now... one of those things you take for granted. but if it stops spamming then that's alright :)

Since the Vs. Thread is kind of a part of the swamp, leave it closed, because noobies will just ocme and spam it up.

I do not agree with this "store" at all. Stickies? Thats sad. Mod position? EVEN SADDER! You can't just give away a mod position. Give it to someone who actually deserves it. I'm not gonna say any names, but LF would go into chaos if some of these people were mods.... :(

Edit - And believe it or not... I agree with everything Kal has to say... :idle:

Originally posted by BlackDove

4. Moderator for a day? I don't know if that was serious or not, but that gives any average joe member the ability to look into the moderating forum, which ain't for public eyes. Not to mention if you get an infant in that place, you get super trouble of the person in question doing nasty things to the forum.[/i]

No it isn't. We've got a permission system a little more complicated than that (and I thought whoever set it up was a madman!)

I'm also working on getting this raised by like 1000% of what it is so calm down a bit :)

EDIT: almost forgot...If I see someone spamming for points, they'll be penalized. Repeat offenders are banned from the game. :o

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

hope everyone sees this before they go spamming :)

I hope they don't.

BTW, I just got a new title without spending any points, just by going into profile and editing it the usual way.... weirdness abounds it seems.

oh yes, and as usual, people like ME (who usually do not post unless they have something USEFUL to add) are going to stay behind?

Besides, I suspect abuse going on :0

I already wrote my long rant (well not that long, only a couple of paragraphs) on the s3cr3t board. Most of the buyable features are either useless or abuse-prone, and all add more work to us. (so THAT is the secret purpose of that game, make the lazy guys like us work more :))

Otherwise, time to change that custom title of mine, at least I can do that for free....for now anyway.

Hm, well, personally, I'm not a big person for game threads... If I wanted to be playing a game, I'd be playing JK2 rather then browsing the forums. Thusly, you can come to the conclusion that I don't browse these forums to see the top 5 threads any version of game threads... A waste of bandwidth if you ask me...

This whole point system gives the effect of a cheap whorehouse if you ask me... I mean... bleh, BUY stuff because I made a game thread? Psh...

I use IRC because it's not like MSN or Yahoo. It's a fricking background with text. Period. None of the crap. This whole points system seems kinda spur of the moment (based on the qualty and thought put into the things you can buy) and just plain excessive and totally unneccesary. So unless admins and mods are ready to HEAVILY crack down on spam... this is just gonna be a problem in the near future...

cheap whore house??

okay...

I like it...we just need better prizes. Working progress I suppose. I bought a Hotel Room and was dissapointed. Few kinks to work out but it might work. I like the glow names and I haven't seen the italic names yet. I think the points are kewl. I like how you can donate them to people etc.

Archived