Home

Hockey

ET Warrior

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since no one dares make a bet agianst my invincible Blues what does everyone think about Mogilny and Hejduk not making the All Star Team? That was just wrong. Mogilny should have taken Sundin's spot and Hedjduk should have taken practically any other persons spot on the Western Conference (namely Iginla). And Why is Brewer on that list? I do not like Brewer.

If no one replies this time I will let this thread drift aimlessly into the night.

BigTeddyPaul

Milan Hejduk NOT being voted into the all-star game is a crime against humanity.

Well, shoot....the Avs dont' play the blues the rest of the year...i would've bet a 100 creds on that game.....BUT if they both make playoffs and if the Avalanche play the blues, i'd be willing ot make a large wager on the outcome of that series.....if you're interested.

(and if st. louis plays the Wild later this year i'll bet on that game as well ;))

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Well, shoot....the Avs dont' play the blues the rest of the year

(and if st. louis plays the Wild later this year i'll bet on that game as well ;))

Well the Blues' last game is against the Avalanche so that is a long wait. However, the Blues play the Wild 3 or 4 more times. In fact there are 2 games in about a month between the Wild and Blues. I will bet a 100 if that is the wager. If I do not have enough points to pay you off then you will have to wait until I can get them (I will not spam the boards one day to ge the required credits to pay you off). But the Blues are not going to lose so I do not have to worry about this.

How about instead we do incentive betting.

Something like:

25 for a win

25 per short handed goal (empty netters are excluded)

25 per 2 power play goals (empty netters are excluded)

25 per hat trick

25 for a shutout

25 if no penalties are called on your team through the entire game

25 if your team scores 5+ goals (empty netters excluded)

Something like this. Or we could just do whoever wins gets an easy 100. Again this bet is open to anyone who thinks they can take on the Blues. I will bet a maximum of 100 credits per bout but if we do incentive then I will pay whatever everything adds up to it.

Anyone besides ET Warrior that wants to defend their team as the best in the NHL or should the Blues just claim that prize?

BigTeddyPaul

I'm not too big a fan of the incentive betting.......i'd rather just put the money on the win or loss of the game. And i'm not as confident in the Wild as I am in my Avalanche..........so I will wager 50 points on the Wild versus Blues on February 23rd if that's alright with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, crap, i'm sorry i made that bet on the wild.....i dont want them to win because i want the avs to pass them in the rankings, but i dont want them to lose because i dont want to lose my 50 points........arrrrr.....

Any New Jersey or Vancouver Fans our there willing to bet on the Devils or Canucks against the Avs this week?

You mention the Wild and Avs and neglect to mention Brett Hull's 700 goals?!? I must say that most of those are from St. Louis too back when Oates was pretty darn good even though he did have Hull to finish it off.

Blues are riding their nice mostly winning streak here and thanks to the Red Wings recent skid they are now in 3rd place 3 points ahead of the Wings.

Me so happy.

BigTeddyPaul

I didn't mention his 700 goals because, i rather dont like Brett Hull. Mostly because he played for Dallas and now Detriot, both teams i hate. but i also think he's a goon ;)

Yeah, the avs have a 6 game winning streak with 10 games in a row going undefeated......no big deal. :D

Your blues best watch out, if the avs continue the way they're playing, St. Louis will lose their 3rd place to them.

I used to like the blues until "Iron Mike" traded off Joseph and Shannahan, thats when I found refuge with the Avs, and have been with them since, well Quebec to Colorado, but still, all the same, with the addition of Patrick Roy, thank you Montreal. So, Colorado, 10-game undefeated streak... I love the sound of that.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

He might have a bump but he still scored 4 goals the other day. A shorty, a power play, an even strength, and an empty netter. That is basically all the different types.

DAMN YOU ET Warrior. You will get your 50 credits when I get them. How about double or nothing. I know they are playing at St. Louis soon and Tkachuk and Weight will not be there. Huh? Interested?

BigTeddyPaul

Archived