Home

1,200,000 Clonetroopers...

Rogue15

You know, all this depends on just how much the Kaminoians... Er... Kaminons... Kamini... The Tall Dudes modified Jangos DNA. I don't know if there's anything that goes into the details fo the modifications, but bare in mind that just because they look human on the outside, doesn't mean they're human on the inside. Humans, for example, don't grow into adults in ten years. They could have countless modifications based on the internal organs of other aliens that would make them more efficient troops. More importantly, their brains could be modified to the point that they can proccess orders, analyse known strategies and then carry out the most efficient course of action... As they're all clones (meaning they're biologically exactly the same as each other) and as they were all taught exactly the same methods, there's probably a 99% chance that the actions they decide to carry out will be of the same strategy.

My point is, unless there's a load of info with precise details on the clones modifications, we have no idea how or what the clones think.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did anyone stop to think that the imperials, or militray commanders over thier own systems willingly joined the empire.

i mean come its a huge galaxy im sure their were generals and other soldiers that emerge if not before than during the clone wars since the jedi were weakening.

Not to mention clones were footsoldiers, even though they may have a yellow stripe(commanders) they did the dirty work.

Military commanders like the ones you seen in ANH were no doubt generals for their system at one point.

Sidepoint clones suppose to be loyal to the emperor,so if commanders on the deathstar were clones evolved(ridiculous) then Vadar wouldn't of been sent with them to make sure they didn't get out of line with the power they wielded(deathstar) as they would be perfectly loyal.

Also clones have been stripped of independence, to a large degree so all though they can think creatively about battle tatics, they are made to give in to stronger initiative, the commanders,imperials, guys running the deathstar

:eyeraise:

Vader wasn't sent to the Death Star to "keep them in check". He was sent to supervise the final stages of construction and development of the Death Star...

:rolleyes:

At the end of the day, we're going to have to wait until Episode III to find out what happens with regards the CloneTroopers / StormTroopers. The EU does contain several stories about troops being drated in from all across the galaxy and being trained on Caridia, so as ar as the EU is concerned, at least some of them are recruits. But as we've seen before, the movies have the ability to go ahead and bulldoze everything in the EU, so anything's possible really.

:mauls:

I'm a semi fan of the EU. I do like some stuff, and I take it for what it is. But if the Eu says something, and the movie's or George Lucas says something else, I go with the movie's and GL. But one thing, the EU is mostly about the events after The Return of the Jedi isn't it? In this time period, the Empire is losing it's grip on the galaxy, it's losing it's power. Now, this is just speculation, but it also allows the die hard EU'ers like Katarn_07 to have their way as well :D As the Empire is becoming weaker and weaker, it no longer able to create clones(stormtroopers) as easily as it could before, because of lack of funds, lack of manpower(read: slave labour:D), and the fact that they all can't agree long enough to do anything about it, things like that. So what they do, is start recruiting people of the right height and build requirements from the worlds they still control in order to bolster their ranks. So maybe some of the Stormtroopers after RotJ are recruits, but some are also clones left over from before. Possibly once the Empire weakens so much to the state that it is most likely in now, it can no longer even keep it's cloning program going, as has to rely entirely on recruits to form their Stormtrooper ranks. So EU and the movie's can both be right, each in their own way;)

It's possible, but it's not all true. I read "Tales from the Cantina", which is a collection of short stories (back-histories) based on many of the characters seen in the Anchorhead cantina. One of the stories in there is about a recruit called Davin Felth. He's te stormtrooper who says, "Look sir, droids," in the Dune Sea when he finds a ring-piece that has eithrer come off C3-PO or has fallen out of the Jawa Sand Crawler, I can't remember which, but I believe it came from C3-PO. He was reruited long before ANH, and was the person that discovered the AT-AT's vulnerability to tow cables, and created a manouevre that involved the AT-AT basically crouching down, folding its legs beneath it the way a camel does when it crouches down.

So basically what I'm saying is that the recruiting, according to the EU, was going on long beore RotJ. And that's the way it is, unless GL changes it completely in Episode III. Which he probably will.... Curses....

:D

:wstupid:

OH MY FRICKIN GOD....

Am I the only one in this forum that's actually watched any of the OT movies? The ONLY people that havce English accents in Star Wars are some of the Imperial OFFICERS, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Emperor Palpatine, and Anakin Skywalker (I think - it's been a while since I watched RotJ) before he dies at the end of RotJ.

I know these things. I'm English. I can spot an English accent a mile away, because I HAVE one.

:disaprove

:fire3:

Originally posted by Darth_Rive

:eyeraise:

Vader wasn't sent to the Death Star to "keep them in check". He was sent to supervise the final stages of construction and development of the Death Star...

:mauls:

One of the reasons was to {not the major one as you just stated}, but was to keep watch over these imperials "this station is now the ultimate power in the universe, i suggest we use it". Although he was thinking of the rebels and other systems not in imperial control for the good of the empire, Vadar was quick to point out the motivation of this imperial, "the ability to destroy a planet is" you know. To make sure that they had a revrential fear of the emperor despite the technological and their high rank in the order.

However this is etremely off topic now. We can go back an forth on this.

Also i believe the jedi will use clones during their purge and palpatiene will probably make the modifications to his own clones, or stormtroopers. Obviously armor and possibly other things

I can see what you're getting at, Naphtali mate, but no. Vader said, "The ability to destroy an entire planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." So that had no real relevance to the situation. But I suspect that the officer that he was telling it to (Captain Needa?) could have turned it against the Empire - he did seem a little power-crazed.

But yeah, it is a bit of-topic, my bad. So, going back to the topic...

Whether Stormies = Clonies, no-one knows except for GL & co, and ILM. But Stormtrooper uniforms ROCK!!! I used to have a web address for a site that sold them! :D

You think George Lucas made Boba an unmodified clone of Jango for any other reason?:D As Boba is an exact match of Jango, his DNA could be used as a template for the Stormtroopers once his "father" was killed.

You think Vader would let just anyone talk to him the way Boba Fett did? The only reason Vader didn't smite him right then and there is because he was neccessary to the Empire. Otherwise, he'd be as dead as fried Gundark.:p

Originally posted by Reb Starblazer

You think George Lucas made Boba an unmodified clone of Jango for any other reason?:D As Boba is an exact match of Jango, his DNA could be used as a template for the Stormtroopers once his "father" was killed.

You think Vader would let just anyone talk to him the way Boba Fett did? The only reason Vader didn't smite him right then and there is because he was neccessary to the Empire. Otherwise, he'd be as dead as fried Gundark.:p

Thats a weak possibility i think, however like i said before maybe something willl hapen to the original DNA{tinkering with it to much, contamination} and they can't replicate it completely anymore, so they end having more defects in stormtroopers.

However thats to much a story in itself to be in star wars

Naah, I just think that it'll be easier for the Empire to recruit people instead of waiting ten years for a new batch of soldiers to pop up.

Imagine for a second the Empire sends them into battle somewhere, and they take the biggest kicking the Empire has ever suffered before RotJ. To get their forces back up to 100%, they'd have to call on the Kaminoans to send as many replacements ASAP, fully developed or not. This means that the replacements for the replacements (if you follow me) will have to be created immediately to maintain the constant flow of production, but they'll take 10 years to produce....

Basically, it's too expensive, too time-consuming, and too much of a pain in the arse to have to continually ship them in to Coruscant. End of discussion. :p

you think making all them clones is cheap? its expensive, no doubt, you have to pay for use of the technology, DNA modding, a half a lifetime of food, clothing, and training, and more. New recruits, you give them a little food, some sorry armor, and a little training (OK, it's not all that bad, you get the idea). The Empire is probably rich enough to go high quality, but we've seen before how cheapskate they are-using TIE fighter w/ no shields as a preference (that's why Vadar's ship or TIE defenders were never used much) over good machines like the rebels. they save their money up 2 build superweapons (DEATH STARTM, Sun Crusher, SSD). So they go the cheap way in trooper acquiring.

Archived