Home

1,200,000 Clonetroopers...

Rogue15

oh man. I just got done watching Attack of the Clones widescreen dvd, and I heard 'and we have 1 million more on the way' so, does this confirm the fact that stormtroopers are really the same as clonetroopers??? that would equal 1 million 2 hundred thousand stormies....that's....that's overkill! :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard GL said they were! Did he?

If so, this not only contradicts EU, but the movies!

That guy in ANH Vader syas to, "See to it your self, Commander. There will be no one to stop us this time!" is also the Sandtrooper later who says, "There was someone in the pod. The tracks go off in this direction."

If GL never said it, I won't believe it.

Originally posted by Purple_Tentacle

i hope that kamino will be destroyed in ep.3 and the empire will have to start recruiting people.

I think i remember reading that the Empire outlawed clones. Probably to keep what happened to the Republic from happening to it. He did keep a few spaarti cylinders for himself though.

yeah, maybe so many clones die that they have to start recruiting people to fight. I think, by the way, that the clones that are left get stormie armor and all, but that they start recruiting and all so they don't have to keep paying the Kaminoans and all every ten years for more troopers.

that would equal 1 million 2 hundred thousand stormies....that's....that's overkill!

actually I think the Empire had about 1 billion stormies if I remember correctly.

Anyways, I think some stormies are clones and the rest are just recruits from all over the galaxy.

Stormies and Clonetroopers aren't the same. Clonetroopers are..well...clones and stormtroopers are conscripts/recruits that are trained primarily on Caridia.

Never use "evidence" from the EU in a movie discussion; use the movies, scripts and interviews from George Lucas. If Lucas didn't write it, direct it or executive produce it, it's not canon.

That guy in ANH Vader syas to, "See to it your self, Commander. There will be no one to stop us this time!" is also the Sandtrooper later who says, "There was someone in the pod. The tracks go off in this direction."

Where'd you get this? I've never heard that theory before. Furthermore, this question got me curious enough to look at the A New Hope script. The person Vader says "See to it personally..." to is referred to as "COMMANDER", and the person who says "there was someone in the pod..." is called, simply, "FIRST STORMTROOPER".

Jedi_Monk, you are really Lucas in disguise arn't you? :D

I think the Stormies are a mixture of clones and recruits. There is obviously a huge battle in ep3 and thousands of clones are going to be killed. They will need replacing so the Empire will start recruiting, or maybe they will force certain planets to fight for them.

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

Never use "evidence" from the EU in a movie discussion; use the movies, scripts and interviews from George Lucas. If Lucas didn't write it, direct it or executive produce it, it's not canon.

I think Lucas Execute produce all his companies, including Lucasbooks and Lucaslisencing, does he?

Anyway i agree with you.

Well, we can see in the movie that some imperial troopers (im counting Storm, Scout, Pilot, Snow types) have different built. Ones are tall others less others are bulkier...

Princess Leia : 'Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?'

That implies that people must have a minimum height to join the Imperial army.

I'm surprised this wasn't brought up before! Over at the SW board, there is an 80 page discussion on this.

That COMMANDER & SANDTROOPER 1 is Commander Prajj, I think. Yep, they're the same guy. The answer they are the same is under your nose. Vader orders him to take a group down there to search for the droids. He says at te end, "See to it yourself, Commander. There will be nobody to stop us this time!"

"See to it yourself, Commander. There will be nobody to stop us this time!"

Stop misquoting; it's "See to it personally, Commander." And before that, Vader says "Send a detatchment down to retrieve them." He doesn't say, "lead the detatchment", or "see to the retrieval of the plans personally." And you still haven't presented any evidence of these two characters being one-and-the-same.

The first, Classic Trilogy, Visual Dictionary also says it is the same guy. All guys in black uniforms (not gray or olive or white) are stormtroopers without their armor on. The book also says that the name of that guy is Commander Prajj.

I suppose if you don't take anything but GL's stuff for being real, I guess I can't persuade you on this. But if GL approves all of this "non-canon" EU, wouldn't he have a say as to what is going on in it?

This is an interesting question. While reading about SWG the explanation of why you can't be a stormie is something along the lines of "All storm troopers are the same because they are Jango Fett's clones." This suggests all stormies are the same as clonetroopers.

Yet if you read the books, people are being trained on Carida, and some stormies show independent thought in the EU like "I just want to see my mom." This is not something a clone would think.

So my guess is that the original stormies are clone troopers but the later ones and replacements are human or humanoid.

Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn

This is an interesting question. While reading about SWG the explanation of why you can't be a stormie is something along the lines of "All storm troopers are the same because they are Jango Fett's clones." This suggests all stormies are the same as clonetroopers.

The devs said in one chats that the reason you couldn't be a stormie was because you'd have to follow orders exactly without question and you could never do what you wanted to do. Therefore it would be either extremely boring to be a stormie or you'd constantly be going AWOL and get kicked out.

I think originally it seems that the Stormie's weren't clones, but with so many of the things recently put into the movies, those ideas have changed in the last 25 years.

So many EU books have stories of people being involved with the Empire, which GL so kindly seems to have changed with AOTC....

The line about Luke being too short doesn't imply a height requirement. It implies that all the stormtroopers are the same height. She doesn't say "you don't look tall enough to meet Imperial guidelines for a stormtrooper in regards to height (see section 9, article 12 Imperial Standards Handbook 5th Edition, pub. Imperial Gov't Press)."

If anything, it says stormtroopers are all the same height and possibly exactly the same height. clones ahoy.

and the Empire probably would outlaw cloning so, oh i don't know, no one can raise a large army against them quickly? saying that stops the empire from having clones is like saying "the US outlawed making nuclear weapons, so the US military can't have nuclear weapons." You can't put a nuke together in your backyard because it's extremely illegal but the military has 11 ,000 of them.

Archived