Home

Homosexuality

Clemme w/Stick

First off, I'm not trying to offend any gay ppl that might be here or any1 who knows any gay ppl. This is strictly for discussion.

I was wondering what you think of homosexuality. Yesterday we used the 2 first lessons, listening to 2 gay ppl (One lesbian, one gay). They had made a statistic on homosexuality in our school. We were 85 ppl there, and heres the result.

8 - will become homoes[sp?]

10 - will become bisexual

67 - will become straight ppl.

also, of those 85 students approxmitly[sp?] 36 of us, will try sex with one from our own sex.

What do you think of those results? And what do you think of homosexuality? Should they be allowed to adopt children, why, why not?

Personally I dont have anything against gay ppl, as long as they keep their fantasies and other gay stuff to them selves. I dont know whether to believe those results or not, but I surely dont hopw that I'm one the 8 ppl who will become gay.

Adoption? Hmm, thats a tough one. I think that they should be allowed to adopt, but it wouldnt feel natural or ethical correct. Imagine being a boy and get asked what your mom is called, and had to answer "my mom is called John". It would be so wierd!

Now its up to you. What are your weiws[sp?]??

-Clemme

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to offend any gay people who might be here but I think that homosexuality is incorrect in the sense that if mammals were ment to be homosexual, they would be able to reproduce that way. as for adoption, I think gay people have a right to adopt. I don't think a child with gay parents will become gay just as a child with straight parents can become gay. those statistics look kind of wrong to me. I don't think I'll ever have sex with another man:whacked: .

Bah. If we humans were to only do what other mammals do we wouldn't be forming societys, building cities, have reality shows or whine about taxes now would we? Homosexuality is not even near as horribly wrong as the fact that we gladly kill each other, a trait that is virtually unknown in every other known species.

I will never have sex with another man. But I dont have a problem with gay people as long as they dont hit on me or anything.

As far as it being right... I dont see a problem with it. For some people, it's just how they are. It's not a matter of being correct or nor, it's a matter of what is right for each individual. Heck, there are even animals in nature that are gay. It's ok, whatever works for them.

ill put it this way. while i have no doubt in my mind of my heterosexuality half my family is male and the other half female, if a hot girl were to walk by then 5/6 of us would turn and look.

im completely at ease with the gay community, i know several people that are homosexual and i wouldnt give them up as friends for any ammount of peer pressure or money.

i believe that the homosexual community is overly mistreated in this day and age, they deserve just as much as straight couples do but they just dont get it.

as for adoption: if the specific couple of same sex partners passes the rigorous tests that all couples must to verify their ability to properly raise a child then they deserve the chance.

if the adoption agency believes that they are worthy parents then i think that child DESERVES to be adopted, you think it would be weird to not have a mother or a father and have to say "my moms name is john" dont you think it would be alot weirder to not have a mother or father?

many people dont ever get parents, its sad but true. i dont believe those children are given the chance they deserve but if a same sex couple wishes to give it to them then more power to em!

on a side note, many children get abandoned by their mothers, they dont necessarily call their dad their mom though do they? it wouldnt actually be any weirder then saying "my parents are seperated i live with my dad".

same sex couples are by no means bad people or unfit (though some may be, you cant generalize) deep down we all know that persecuting and bashing "the gays" is wrong, so why not teach our children to be free of this idiotic homosexuality? what better way to teach the next generation that homosexuality is ok then to be raised by a same sex couple?

now im not saying that children should be encouraged to experiment with the same sex, or that they should be encouraged to experiment with the opposite sex. its a choice we all must make on our own and telling a child what to do along those lines is horrible.

another thing, many of the people i know that are openly homophobic love the idea of lesbians. to them lesbians are an amazingly cool thing that they cant get enough of. so why are they so freaked out when somebody uses the word queer? i honestly believe that many of those people are merely covering up their own uncertainty when it comes to their sexuality. just a theory but oh well.

Originally posted by Murdoch

Bah. If we humans were to only do what other mammals do we wouldn't be forming societys, building cities, have reality shows or whine about taxes now would we? Homosexuality is not even near as horribly wrong as the fact that we gladly kill each other, a trait that is virtually unknown in every other known species.

I see your point. However dont you think that its a little wierd that two men are kissing or whatever they do? Well, maybe its just me, but I feel that its really wierd and somewhat wrong. I know that the gay ppl are gay because thats a part of who they are, but I still feel thats its wrong.

I cant change it, cuz its part of being an individual.

-Clemme

Originally posted by ShockV1.89

I will never have sex with another man. But I dont have a problem with gay people as long as they dont hit on me or anything.

As far as it being right... I dont see a problem with it. For some people, it's just how they are. It's not a matter of being correct or nor, it's a matter of what is right for each individual. Heck, there are even animals in nature that are gay. It's ok, whatever works for them.

Exactly my thoughts...

I don't think gay couples w/ adopted kids work well in suburbs, but they could probably function in cities where that thing is much more common.

And Darth Talliusc, I'm sure you know why most guys enjoy the idea of being around lesbians ;)

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

im completely at ease with the gay community, i know several people that are homosexual and i wouldnt give them up as friends for any ammount of peer pressure or money.

Well, I also know some gay ppl, and I dont have anything against them at all. They are both nice ppl and besides they provide our family with fresh fruits all year around. Hmm, as I said I have nothing against ppl, I just feel that its a little wierd thinking about 2 men making out.

as for adoption: if the specific couple of same sex partners passes the rigorous tests that all couples must to verify their ability to properly raise a child then they deserve the chance.

if the adoption agency believes that they are worthy parents then i think that child DESERVES to be adopted, you think it would be weird to not have a mother or a father and have to say "my moms name is john" dont you think it would be alot weirder to not have a mother or father?

I'm with ya on that one. Here in Denmark thats the big issue at the moment. Should gay ppl be allowed to adopt children? I think that they should, as long as they are fit to be good parents.

Yeah, it would be a little wierder to say that you dont have a father or mother at all.

same sex couples are by no means bad people or unfit (though some may be, you cant generalize) deep down we all know that persecuting and bashing "the gays" is wrong, so why not teach our children to be free of this idiotic homosexuality? what better way to teach the next generation that homosexuality is ok then to be raised by a same sex couple?

Yep, exactly. Teach our children what gay ppl is, so that they wont grow up to hate them or whatever. As for bashing them, I dont think that I've bashed homosexuals before. I dont have any ideas on starting either.

-Clemme

Gay people can do whatever they want, I don't care or feel offended.

But I do feel it's rude when they start showing it off though. I mean...I wouldn't go around humping sheeps in public if I was into that kind of stuff. I'm sure you get my point.

Adoption however is a totally different subject. The reason for that is that adoption affects a person who does not have a say (=the child). It is not something that two gays can decide by themselves.

The principle of "always doing only what is best for the child", does not allow gay people to adopt.

At the moment Finland is trying to decide whether or not it is legal to offer single women or lesbians artificial insemination-services.

I think the child's right to have a father overrides the womans right to have a baby.

I am also amazed by the conservatist approach I have considering this question.

Whether or not some father somewhere treats her child like a dog is irrelevant. The standards of adoption and artifical insemination must be high. Screw what grown-ups want. They can decide only about themselves, not for the lives of others.

The child's best interest also means that I do not accept adopting unless the chld will get a mother and a father. Homosexuals do no fit in this category.

How many of you think it would have been cool to grow up in a family with two dads? Gayness will not infect the child, but he will have a hell of a time growing up.

I am a white hetro x-marine male with a wife a kid and I LOVE HOMOS!

Homosexuality benefits humanity, in a world of such limited resources homosexuality help limit births, and adds diversity to human experience. Although there are a few exceptions gay men and women are generally more productive, respectful, understanding, tolerant than the general population. The extra conditions and restrictions placed upon homosexuals in our culture forces them to work harder at maintaining their status quo. Despite what most people think, something like 98% of sex crimes in the U.S. are committed by hetros.

I love my gay neighbors ( i have alot) they have raised the value of our neighborhood do to their meticulous attention to their homes and property.

And to all the homophobes who loudly yell, Yea, but I don't want some gay guy checkin me out. Don't flatter yourself.

MOVIE CLIP

does anyone think that gay's are born that way? you the gay person, do you? think you were born that way?

I didn't read the other thread about that stuff so sorry if I'm making you reapeat anything but how did you become gay? just curiouse.

Personally being a bible believing christian I believe that homosexuallity is wrong and impure.

why are homosexuals homosexuals?

why would sex be for straight people and not for gays?

well what is the purpose of sex?

to reproduce, and creat a spiritual bond between maried couples, and it is pleasing so that we would want to reproduce. if it was like cutting of your hand who would want to reproduce?

sex is not just for plesure! it is not meant that people sleep around. A condom is not safe sex. the only safe sex is through marrige. The falure rate of a condom is 30 percent and there is the disease of getintal warts which you can get even if you have used a condom.

homosexuallity does not fullfill GOD's plan for sex therefore homosexuallity is wrong!

If you think homosexuals are born that way than what about people who get married and then divorse and become gay? what about gays who become strait(I know of at least one)?

yes well these are my thoughts on Homosexuallity.

glad to hear it clemme. and i know what you mean. i dont particularly like the thought of watching two men make out either, but i feel the same way about watching ugly straight ppl make out so i say this as a blanket statement: i dont think people should show affection of the sort of "making out" in public.

things of that sort is for the private home or party, not as a display for others. i also dont think that people should "broadcast" that they are straight, or gay, or bi or whathaveyou. people should judge you on your actions and opinions not on your sexual preference.

as for mandalorian54, im sorry that you feel that way. but i would like to point out that the failure rate of condoms (according to every single test and teaching i've suffered through sex ed for the past 8 years) is MUCH lower then 30%. we were initially told it was more along the lines of 2% failure rate.

as for your opinion on "gods plan" that may be, but i doubt any of us will ever know for sure. and what makes you think that homosexuality isnt gods plan to limit the population size, or perhaps to teach us to show compassion for those that are different from us. maybe this is god's lesson for us to become better people and accept those that have different beliefs and practices then us. im not saying you are a bad person for your opinion, merely that you may wish to rethink your opinions. if you dont thats your choice.

thank you though for being forthcoming with your opinion and sharing it in a non-denominatorial (sp?) manner.

as for becoming gay, well i dont think children are born that way, i think that it is most likely a choice that comes to a person late in their teens, before then they are very succeptible to outside influences and rarely make choices for themselves when they oppose the beliefs of friends and family.

as for your opinion on "gods plan" that may be, but i doubt any of us will ever know for sure. and what makes you think that homosexuality isnt gods plan to limit the population size, or perhaps to teach us to show compassion for those that are different from us. maybe this is god's lesson for us to become better people and accept those that have different beliefs and practices then us. im not saying you are a bad person for your opinion, merely that you may wish to rethink your opinions. if you dont thats your choice.

I know homosexuality is not GOD's plan because it says so in the Bible, which was writen by people who had recieved incite from GOD in otherwords GOD told them what to wright.

And despite what you were taught in school I was taught differently by an acctual scientist. School is the governments propaganda so to speak, they want you to think it's safe to have sex. and if you have had sex you should go to a hospital and get yourself checked for a sexually transmitted diseas.

I also know a person who goes around the world talking at schools about this, She meets alot of people who have STDs and is like a councolor. And a lot of people have STDs, and alot more don't know it. Somtimes you don't know you have a disease until years after you got it.

It really is amazing what you don't learn in school.

but don't take my word for it, don't just take anyones word for it, not your teachers not your parents. Find some hard evidence. It's kinda hard to show you evidence over the web, but you seriously should look into it.

I know homosexuality is not GOD's plan because it says so in the Bible, which was writen by people who had recieved incite from GOD in otherwords GOD told them what to wright.

I'm not going to get into my beliefs on the bible and its clearly human influenced origins. You wont listen to anything I say anyway...

School is the governments propaganda so to speak, they want you to think it's safe to have sex.

Huh? Do you know anything about teaching? Being the son of two of them and a future one myself, I can tell you that sex is not something that teachers are told to promote. You dont go into bio class and say "Hey, it's ok to have sex!" Actually, abstinence (sp?) is taught heavily. There are a few schools that hand out condoms, but these are in areas in which STDs are rampant and condoms are the best way to minimize the problem, as stopping it totally is not an option anymore. And the condom decision comes from the principal, MAYBE the superintendent.

And to all the homophobes who loudly yell, Yea, but I don't want some gay guy checkin me out. Don't flatter yourself.
I dont think not wanting to be hit on by a gay guy makes me a homophobe... like I said, I dont mind them at all. I'm friends with one.

Somtimes you don't know you have a disease until years after you got it.
The only disease, to my knowledge, that can take years to show up is HIV. All the others show up within three to six months (trust me, I did a lot of research on this. I thought I had one for a while, turns out I didnt).

homosexuallity does not fullfill GOD's plan for sex therefore homosexuallity is wrong!

Playing Jedi Knight 2 doesnt fulfill gods plan! Therefore, playing Jedi Knight 2 is wrong!

Orrrr, maybe... playing JK2 doesnt really hurt gods plan, nor does it help it... so nobody cares.... kinda like homosexuality.

Well, I have nothing against gays as long as they won't do their..."things" in public, because that's kind of gross to most people.

But I am against them being allowed to adopt. The child deserves a mother and a father. Two fathers or two mothers just isn't the same. Also, having gay parents also increases the chance for the child to be gay.

Ok....:rolleyes:

sex is not just for plesure!

Well, it's supposed to be quite healthy too;)

I'm pretty much with Mand, but I'm not going to hate someone who is gay. I have a few gay friends. Do I think it's wrong? Certainly! Do I hate them? Not at all.

Some things, just happen, and you shouldn't hate the person, but hate the sin.

I myself, am not gay, nor do I plan on it.

So what's wrong with homosexuality? A question posed to those who believe that.

Is being enamoured with someone who is of the same sex a bad thing? Or is it the sex part that is bad? If dipping your wick in another guys brown eye is bad, wouldn't it be bad if you did it to a woman as well? So it would be the anal sex that is bad, not the homosexuality. What about carpet lickers? Is that bad as well? What if it's a guy who likes to munch rug with every woman he sees? Is it any different?

So, if it's the homo butt love/pole smokin'/snatch lickin' that is so bad about homosexuality, what about all the opposite sex couples that do the same thing? Why and how is that any different?

Or if that isn't why you think homosexuality is bad, if you think it's bad because two men, or two women, love each other, think about this: Do you love your father/mother? What about your brother/sister? Is that any different? What is the difference? Are you only gay if you want to probe the anus, and not have love on a platonic level?

Is ostracizing someone for no reason other then you're grossed out by sweaty manass pokin', or because you're a jesusfreak, really worth it? Come on now, at least be reasonable. If you'd like to consider yourself enlightened, at least don't let yourself be overcome by your natural instict to fear those who are different. Maybe stop dragging your knuckles on the ground, use complex tools and such. Hell, we might even let you join this crazy club we call "society".

Stop being such a friggin' xenophobe.

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Well, I have nothing against gays as long as they won't do their..."things" in public, because that's kind of gross to most people.

But I am against them being allowed to adopt. The child deserves a mother and a father. Two fathers or two mothers just isn't the same. Also, having gay parents also increases the chance for the child to be gay

A couple comments on that.....first of all, if you're going to say that homosexuals cannot do their "thing" in public, that means that straight couples also cannot do their "thing" in public either, perhaps homosexuals find THAT gross and disturbing eh? Now if by "thing" you mean sex, i agree....that should be kept private.....always....but kissing? They're gay, it's what they do. If you can do it they can do it.

On to the adoption. If my parents are christians it increases the chances of ME being a christian, whether i really choose so or not.....so should parents not be allowed to have a religion? And they should not be allowed to have any food preferences, as they might push those likes and dislikes upon me.

Say a straight couple adopts a child and they get divorced within a year and the mother takes custody of the child and the father moves to botswana. This child doesn't have a father anymore, only a mother.....so apparently we should not allow people to adopt children, because thye might not end up with the perfect set of parents.

How do you know that having 2 fathers or 2 mothers is a bad thing? and what's wrong with their child ending up gay? Gay people are not evil, there is nothing wrong with them. They are helping out our population problem by not reproducing, so i see nothing wrong with increasing the number of gays.....

No offense to gay people, but its too unnatural to be homosexual IMO.

Please don't be offended that I am insulting you.......:rolleyes:

As for bashing them, I dont think that I've bashed homosexuals before. I dont have any ideas on starting either.
I see your point. However dont you think that its a little wierd that two men are kissing or whatever they do? Well, maybe its just me, but I feel that its really wierd and somewhat wrong.

Maybe i'm wrong.....but isn't calling homosexuals weird and wrong bashing them?

Sorry that i come across as rather angry and spiteful.......but I REALLY think people need to be more accepting and understanding to things that they don't understand........

Homophobic people make me sad :(

Bah. I think gay's are fine in this world. Who's to say who is right and who is wrong,afterall?

Someone who has the ability to create life?(Not god,but um..us..)

A book which was written thousands of years ago and is believed to be true by the majority,but not by all?

Scientists who's opinions differ as much as the different versions of the Torah(wait,correction, I mean Jewish Holy Text) before Erza's time?

Nope, so it's ok for them to be gay,because it does absolutly no harm to anyone else(compared to oh...ciguarettes).

Nowadays,it's an insult to be gay,but I'm not gay,so it is kinda offensive to me,but I dont find it offensive to others(Just as long as they dont hit on me...).

Be it as it may,I think gays should be allowed to adopt. religion shouldnt factor into it(or else why wouldnt religion be assilimated into government?).

And you should bet your ass that having 2 fathers or mothers wouldnt be as sad(I find that people are shunned for having 1 gender parents,rather than 1 parent who died to divorced) if they got the same ammount of media attention as divorced or single parents(E.G. News and television).... wait,I mean positive media attention,of course...

And Man54, I might pull a hypo on myself, but why do you shun everything and say everything is wrong and causes propoganda,yet you believe the bible is fully right?

Please dont try to infulence reality with the supernatural and stuff based on belief,rather than experiments or facts.

Oh and it's amazing to me,at least,that if it was up to you or God, "lesiure would be as bad as work."

A mini-redwing,I think I pulled..

The only disease, to my knowledge, that can take years to show up is HIV. All the others show up within three to six months (trust me, I did a lot of research on this. I thought I had one for a while, turns out I didnt).

Yeah that and Diabetes. Diabetes can take years to show up. That was somewhat a little off topic, but lets get back to the subject.

Playing Jedi Knight 2 doesnt fulfill gods plan! Therefore, playing Jedi Knight 2 is wrong!

Orrrr, maybe... playing JK2 doesnt really hurt gods plan, nor does it help it... so nobody cares.... kinda like homosexuality.

Hmm, I'm with ya on that one.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Well, it IS unnatural though. Sex was meant for reproduction. You can't reproduce with two people of the same sex.

Very good point you got there, but then we're back when we started. Is homosexuality wrong? Yeah I think that its wrong, but I dont have anything against gay ppl (I know 2 of them). We cant judge ppl by their preference alone, we need to know them to actaully judge them properly.

But it still feels wrong.

-Clemme

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Now if by "thing" you mean sex, i agree....

I didn't. I meant kissing, flirting, etc. Of course, I don't mean to ban it, but it is a bit unnatural, and rather repulsive to straight people (wich still is a much higher number than gay people).

On the adoption thingy: Instead of seeing it from the homosexual's view it is better to see it from the children's view. Will 2 mothers/fathers be as good parents as 1 father and 1 mother? They might try all they can, but they just can't give the child a complete adolescence.

But still know that I have nothing against gay people.

Archived