Home

Movies Swampies Have NOT Seen But Really Ought To

Luc Solar

This thread is about excellent movies that you think the rest of us should definitely watch.

BUT this is not about "the best flick ever". And if you are now planning on saying: "THE MATRIX! THE PHANTOM MENACE! THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING!!11"...well...Don't! Because there's not a soul on these boards who has not seen all of them multiple times.

You get the idea? Ok. :) I'll start.

The Last of the Mohicans

* very classy movie. Not very hollywood-style flashy, but well worth watching. (French vs. Brits vs. Indians..)

Primal Fear

* A movie with Richard Gere as a hot-shot lawyer and Edward Norton as a schizophrenic choirboy/homocidal maniac. Norton rules! (Also check out American History X, if you've missed it for some reason.)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donnie Darko

A Clockwork Orange

Any movie from View Askew Productions.

I could think of more, if I had a lot of time. Those are off the top of my head. And Last of the Mohicans stirs some emotions in inside, very good movie (and book!). During the french and indian war, so the Brits would be the Colonies, us before we were the U.S. ;). That movie reminds me about Legends of the Fall, I'll add that to my list.

Apocalypse Now - whether it be the original or Redux version, it is something that I think most people should lay their eyes on. Not sure how to describe it, but definitely a good war movie.

I agree with Primal Fear as well, has you thinking one thing until the end.

Meet Joe Black - wasn't sure what it was going to be like, but it is definitely a good, but long movie.

Resevoir Dogs - If you liked Pulp Fiction, then see this one, another Tarantino special....

In The Name Of The Father - Daniel Day-Lewis in a movie about the conflict in Northern Ireland. Most movies he is in are ones you should lay your eyes on...

I have plenty more, but these are my first five that I suggest people should lay their eyes on.

The BoonDock Saints - Somewhat difficult to descrive but after a bar fight, two devout Irish Catholics become avenging angels believing they're on a mission from God. It sounds kinda sketchy here, but it makes more sense when you see it. One of the best movies I have ever seen.

The Brotherhood of the Wolf - Truly amazing movie, words cannot even describe it.

The Last Temptation of Christ - Yes, I know what you're all thinking "oh, a movie about god..." but that's kind of what I thought too. Then I watched it and thought it was terrific. I am not at all religious, but I do know the back story of Christianity and what not, so when I saw this I understood it all. The great thing about this movie, is that it shows Jesus in a totally different light than the gospels, making him so much more human. It deals with the fact that while Jesus may be God, he is also human at the same time, and this causes amazing conflict within him. As God, he wants to die on the cross for our sins, but as a man, he wants to live, wants to have a wife and family, he wants to be happy. But he can only choose one...

One Hour Photo - A one hour photo clerk Spy (Robin Williams) lives his life through a other family.

THE THING - A american outpost is challenge by a monster that can imitate other life forms. They must find out who is infected and eliminate the beast.

Unbreakable - David (Bruce Willis) a farther of one and married gets into a train accident. Everyone died except him and amazingly without a scratch. He must find out if he has super-powers or just really luckly.

I'm out of ideas. These I watch every second of the day. There my favorites :p

Well if you never saw Clockwork Orange your missing out. Very dark take on Western culture. It was rated X back in 73 or 74.

The Duellist (1977) director: ridley scott cast:keith carradine, harvey keitel. A thirty-year obsession of savage duels-to-the-death sparked by an imagined insult could only come from a true story. Joseph Conrad (“Heart of Darkness”) wrote “The Duel” about two real life officers during the Napoleonic War.

Cyrano de Bergerac (1950) Jose ferre play Cyrano, he composes poetic insults during his duels that sting as much as his sword.

Griffs Movies

Originally posted by griff38

The Duellist (1977) director: ridley scott cast:keith carradine, harvey keitel. A thirty-year obsession of savage duels-to-the-death sparked by an imagined insult could only come from a true story. Joseph Conrad (“Heart of Darkness”) wrote “The Duel” about two real life officers during the Napoleonic War.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I HATE Heart of Darkness......that was among the most painful books to read ever.

The Thing is like a cheese B movie, but it's got the mental terror aspect, very good story. There is a PS2 game made that follows up after the events of the movie, and the game also incorporates the fear and mistrust factor that was in the movie in a unique way.

Ford Fairlane - The rock 'n roll detective.

Grab a sixpack and watch this with your friends.

It's a movie about a LA-detective (Andrew Dice Clay :D ) who...well... it doesn't really matter. The movies is a classic, but not in the same way as Braveheart and the likes... It's got Al Bundy from Married with children in it too.

Talking to Zuzu is like masturbating with a cheese grinder; slightly amuzing but mostly...painful.

If you want to see the coolest guy ever? Then go get the movie already! :)

Down Stanley! Down boy! ....Rozanne Barr naked! .... GONE!

Originally posted by C'jais

Did you just grab my butt?

Do you want to???

;)

Yeah, that and this one...

"Youre brothers?"

"No.....Yes!"

"Sup?"

Originally Posted by Boba Rhett

A Night at the Roxbury is a painful thing to try and view. You trying to kill people, Clemme?

Uhmm....no why would I try that, I just love that movie. Those who havent seen it should do it..!

-Clemme

Archived