Home

Interracial couples/marriages

El Sitherino

I don't have a problem with it at all. I myself am in a Interacial relationship and it is fine. We may have a few diffrences like culture but it's not something that is real tough.

The only thing that is wrong is people who don't understand it and look down upon it. It's just plain ignorance to me and I think that people are still thinking like it is 1920. So what if you are in a relationship were you have a diffrent skin tone? It's not about the color that matters. It's about what's inside and what the two people feel for each other and that's all that it boils down too.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

I don't see why anyone would care. Its fine in my book.:(

Really? I agree with you but don't you believe that the Bible is right and modern humanist ideas are wrong?

I checked with one of my Christian buddies and they say there is a verse in the bible that says, "Oxen of a different color should not be yoked together." ( i don't know the verse #)

Now according to her, this is gods way of saying people of different color should not mix.

I realize most Christians find this absurd but here in the Bible Belt of the Southern U.S. it is accepted by most Baptist as LAW.

i live in texas. as a matter of fact i went to a town with my gf a few days ago and some rednecks (they were probably around 30 - 40) and they started yelling nip and chink to my gf and told me the lord is gonna punish me for my sinful ways. they kinda scared me. so we went back into my car and drove off. my gf started crying. i think that some things people say about interracial couples is horrible. my friend is an arab and he is dating a friend of mine who is white and some people threatend to kill him if he didnt stop dating the pure race. (there exact words) i think people need to understand that it doesnt matter what tone your skin is if you love someone.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

some rednecks (they were probably around 30 - 40) and they started yelling nip and chink to my gf and told me the lord is gonna punish me for my sinful ways [...] my friend is an arab and he is dating a friend of mine who is white and some people threatend to kill him if he didnt stop dating the pure race. (there exact words)

You're joking, right?

If not - Call. The. Police.

Seriously, no one should be allowed to harass people like that. There's a very good basis for hauling them into court and beyond if you get subjected to this pathetic preaching from such zealot-boys.

Remind me never to visit Texas, or I'd freak out in public.

Bah. Ignorant rednecks. Take heart in knowing that both you and your gf are better, more open minded people than those yokels...

Interracial marriages and couples are fine. They're both human. The only way I can see someone looking down on it is taking that "ox of a differnt color" verse from the bible in that sense, and it could mean somethig else (sounds metaphorical). Even then, nobody says you have to live your life by the bible (for those of you who disagree, I dont care! so dont bother trying to argue a point).

Originally posted by munik

Where did God tell anyone to abandon those ways? If he had to pick and choose which ways to abandon and which ways to keep, they'd have to add another whole book to the Bible for that purpose alone.

You read the Bible before? How about I phrase it this way. They became obsolete and God didn't mind. He instructed new ways for the worship of Him such as the Passover that Jesus ate with His disciples. Now, most churches use that once every month or every week instead of slaughtering animals and burning them.

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

You read the Bible before? How about I phrase it this way. They became obsolete and God didn't mind. He instructed new ways for the worship of Him such as the Passover that Jesus ate with His disciples. Now, most churches use that once every month or every week instead of slaughtering animals and burning them.

yeah thats what churches do.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Note***

Not all rednecks yell "chink" and whatnot, I consider myself a redneck, I am not yee-haw, spit in a bucket redneck, but I still have the qualities. But, I am NOT racist in any way, shape, or form.

teeheehee, Obi-wan is a redneck.......teeheehee ;)

I think interracial couples are just fine. Sometimes i do a double take when it's a white person with a black person, and i feel bad about it, but it usually startles me somewhat, as you don't often see such, and there's a pretty big contrast between them, ya know?

Originally posted by C'jais

Remind me never to visit Texas, or I'd freak out in public.

I've lived all over the world. 9 states and 4 countries. It's been my experience that *******ism is not restricted to one place. Texas, like any other place in society, has it's cultural problems.

If you visit, let me know. I'd be happy to translate Texan --> English and back for you. :p

By the way.... wasn't it Denmark that recently passed a law that people under 25 or 30 could not marry outside of their race? ;)

SkinWalker in D/FW, TX

Originally posted by wassup

As long as it is inter-species then it is fine in my view.

I think you might mean intraspecies! ;)

Unless of course you were thinking about a man with his wife the porcupine :p

I agree with you though... I'm one that believe that race or ethnicity exists only in the eyes of those that wish to exclude another group of people.

Race, in history, has been useful in justifing many atrocities such as slavery and genocide of entire cultures. In order to make it okay, it's important first to "de-humanize" someone.

To me, race doesn't exist. To many others, however, it is very real.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

By the way.... wasn't it Denmark that recently passed a law that people under 25 or 30 could not marry outside of their race? ;)

Nope. The law said that you couldn't get your new husband/wife to Denmark unless you were above the age of 24. There are no restrictions for marriage, and marriage outside your race is actually encouraged, because it forwards assimilation.

The law was passed in order to plug the hole in the law that allows you to marry someone who lives in a third-world country and then get that person to Denmark (I'm not saying that I agree with it, but that's the rationale).

live in texas. as a matter of fact i went to a town with my gf a few days ago and some rednecks (they were probably around 30 - 40) and they started yelling nip and chink to my gf and told me the lord is gonna punish me for my sinful ways.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are KKK. Seriously, Moses married an Ethiopian, they probably aren't reading the same Bible.

This bible belt place doesn't sound very welcoming. :(

Archived