• Unreal
    • Outlaws
    • Quake
    • Quake 2
    • Wolfenstein/other DOS games
    • Other
    • WTF!?!? move on, dude!!
    • i dont play FPS

I have a P133 box dedicated to old DOS and early Windows games. Doom 1 & 2 dominate most of it's existence, though I do use it on occasion for StarCraft if the boys are over to LAN... There's this one guy that doesn't have his own box, but he's still fun to have around, so we let him join in and play when one of us wants a break, and in exchange, he brings a couple extra 12-packs. Nothing beats CS and SC (Counter-Strike and StarCraft) while piss-ass loaded.

w00t

Hmmm...I haven't played some of the oldies for a little while...been too busy trying to play catch-up with some of the newer games. Most recently finished Unreal 2. Now I'm trying to finish NOLF 2 (got through half way before my system crashed last time).

But yes...I do still play the older games - especially those for which you can get engine revamps, like Doom, Hexen, Heretic, Quake, etc. But basically I try not to let any of my games just sit on the shelf gathering dust...so I try and fit some of them in between playing the newer titles. I'll still continue to play Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Half-Life, Unreal, Thief (currently also playing that - I was nearly at the end when my system crashed last time), and others. I even fired up Wolfenstein 3D late last year...but couldn't get the sound to work with it, so I gave up on it.

Archived