Home

GeForce or ATi Radeon?

Hekx

I should be getting an earlier birthday present next week, which is a new graphics card. The problem is, I don't know which.

Either a nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 128MB or a ATI Radeon 128MB 9000 dvi.

What do you think I should get?

I don't know anything about video cards, I thought getting a GeForce 4 was the best idea, but from what I've read, it doesn't look like it's best.

I currently have a nVidia TNT M64 32MB, and somehow it can still run JKII okay, lol.

Oh yeah, my brithday's the 27th. ;)

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

I currently have a nVidia TNT M64 32MB, and somehow it can still run JKII okay, lol.

Same here! It is crazy, it works its self like crazy for MoH: AA (that's why I can't play and enjoy it... :( )

I plan on getting a GeForce 4 for Easter since the FX will put it to a much lower price. I need the advice to...

I should be getting an earlier birthday present next week, which is a new graphics card. The problem is, I don't know which.

Either a nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 128MB or a ATI Radeon 128MB 9000 dvi.

What do you think I should get?

I don't know anything about video cards, I thought getting a GeForce 4 was the best idea, but from what I've read, it doesn't look like it's best.

Oh yeah, my brithday's the 27th. ;)

Ok...MX's suck....and...I have a ATI RADEON 9700 pro...

so, get the 9000, since ATI is really great!!!!!! :)

I think I will get the Radeon since it's more money (hopefully meaning better quality) and from what I've read; it's compatible with DirectX 8, while the GeForce is not.

The ATi Radeon 9000 it is. :)

Thanks for the help.

u know they have direct X 9 now right. just so u know i saw it at the microsoft website, but i wouldnt download with a 56k modem because its like 225megabytes.

anyways check out http://www.tigerdirect.com

i saw the ati radeon 9000 128mb in my magazine for **checks magazine** $149.99 | 64 mb is $112.99

not sure if this is the geforce u want but, anyways the one in here **looks at about 50 geforce cards** geforce4 mx440 8x 64mb ddr is $99.99 (dont think its the same though)

not to sure what u should get though, just showing u the prices.

I've heard similar things. The FX which is meant to be like the GeForce 5 isn't out since it keeps being delayed.

But when it is released (I think next month, or something) all the prices of the other GeForces will go down! :)

Avoid the Geforce 4 MX - it is basically a Geforce 2 Ultra with one or two extra processors added on, doesn't even use the Geforce 4 core.....

Radeon 9000 - probably better to get the Radeon 9700, with the 9900 either out or on the way. The FX is struggling to match it's numbers at the moment, so should be a good buy.

The FX appears to be already shelved as a card, with reports only 100,000 will be made, and they will concentrate on one to beat the ATI cards currently known as R300/R350...

I didn't have the pleasure to try the FX ones yet, but the way I hear about them in reviews, they aren't much currently, but depend a lot on the software distributed along with them, which means they could turn out to be useful sometime in the next century, while the existing Radeon is very close to their performance.

Archived