Home

Lucasarts goes to the movies!

wampa_one

What if the Lucasarts adventure games were made into movies?

Who would you cast as the main characters?

(Yes I know Harrison Ford is perfect to play Indiana Jones, so we’ll leave that role out shall we? ;) )

I would cast Ron Livingston as Ben from Full Throttle

(Office space & Band of Brothers)

cast-3.jpg

So, any suggestionsfor cast members? Agree/disagree?

All comments welcome.

:):):)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, nice likeness.

I always wandered how a Grim Fandango movie would work. I mean, it couldn't really be cartoony, as that wouldn't work at all. Life actors are a no-no. And I can't imagine how CGI Manny would look. Other than that, I think the game would work nicely as a film.

I think Grim would look good as an animation, something like 'Nightmare before Christmas'. But with out the Tim Burton crap. Say’in that, a CGI production probably would look the best.

I guess there’s no reason to make ‘The Dig’ into a film, considering its been done, twice. But in my head Boston Low would have to be played by Robert Patrick, just like in the game. I thought he did the character justice. ;)

Heh, never thought of it like that. Which is strange, because I have the Nightmare before Christmas DVD sitting on my rack. That movie seems far too similar to Grim, in terms of style, idea, and even the advertising trailers have similar fonts and use single words to describe the theme of the film film. (Love! Passion! Romance! And oh yes, dancing). Some humour in there too (GRIM HAS HUMOUR TOO! RIP OFF!). Unless there's a link to a Schafer shrine on the site, I'm apalled. "Day Off the Dead - Arriving 2002"

As for Monkey Island the movie, I don't think it works too well. It would make a much better cartoon series, as it can't really be "tainted" as such any more. I like that word. It's like painted, only with a T. Instead of the P. So "painted" becomes "tainted".

It's the perfect kids show. We have a magical evil guy, who attacks Guybrush in exciting ways, and eventually takes on different forms - remember how good it was on Transformers when the leader decepticon guy got changed into a bigger, badder, leader decepticon guy with a better name? Megatron, that's it. We were worried for Optimus's batteries then, that's for sure.

Guybrush is lovable, flawed, and the story is far from adult. There are four kiddie-friendly tales to tell, and I'm sure they could wrangle in enough sarcasm and irony to attract the bitter and opressed adult watcher.

Please don't hurt me.

Grim Fandango is absolutely crying out to be made into a movie. It really is such a good story, it could work in hundreds of mediums - as a game it has already proven itself, but if it was done as a novel or a movie (a proper movie, not "aimed" at kids and thus dumbed-down) it would still be brilliant. Its so visual, I'd love to see it done.

Somehow ZakMcKracken strikes me to be made as a British movie. Also not animated or CGI, but real actors. Why British you ask? It seems a little shoddy (like Monty Python And The Holy Grail) the way Zak uses a fish bowls as a space suit helmet and the overall style is much like 80s movies from England.

Yeah, I know what you mean - like those cruddy BBC props that were used on every single sci-fi program, like Hitchhikers Guide and Red Dwarf. But, I think if it was done as a big Hollywood movie then the fish bowl etc would be used to comedic effect.

before people start naming actors they think should play the parts of Lucasarts characters, I'd just like to say that their are more than 15 actors in the world, the really famous ones probably would suck for these parts. Things you shouldn't say:

- "I think David Spade should play guybrush threepwood!"

- "I think Whoopie Goldburg should play the Voodoo Lady!"

- "I think Bruce Willis should play Ben in Full Throttle!"

- "I think Elizabeth Hurley should play Elaine!"

- etc...

Archived