Home

KOTOR Two Page Ad

GothicSith

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Com Raven

the writing looks scary...

I like the contrast of the two writing styles.

The Jedi is the neat, calm peaceful cursive.

The Sith looks like some mental patient was trying to get his manifesto out on paper before it destroyed his brain.:D

I think the Ad gives a clue (for those who don't know) as to what the meat of the game is. "Choose you path". I believe that it will constantly challenge your morals. I hope anyways. I wouldn't like it if its at certain points in the game. I hope its more like there are decisions and conseqences to your actions at any one time in the game.

Originally posted by GothicSith

I think the Ad gives a clue (for those who don't know) as to what the meat of the game is. "Choose you path". I believe that it will constantly challenge your morals. I hope anyways. I wouldn't like it if its at certain points in the game. I hope its more like there are decisions and conseqences to your actions at any one time in the game.

It won't be one choice it'll be throughout the game till at a certain point where your character's fate will be set(either light or dark).

I bring this up only because Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight had a similar system in place. There was a "moral bar" that told you what side of the Force you were leaning towards. Then at that critical juncture, depending on where the "meter" was, you headed down the path you basically chose.

For KOTOR I hope there is no "meter" in place to tell you where you are. This way you are not influenced to go where you think you want to go. For instance if there is an action based on what YOU think is good but in actuality the game reads it as a bad move and thus starts to shape your destiny. Just so long it doesn't tell you that. So when the moment comes along perhaps you can be taken for a surprise. I'm sure there are the obvious choices one makes that is percieved as "good" and evil". But what about those grey areas. If KOTOR heads in this path, then this game would exceed all my expectations of what a game can be. Well at least until Fable comes out. :)

There will be no noticeable meter.

It's more like your actions will lead you a certain way. Then the further in the game you get when talking to people your choices become narrower. Whether either dark or light.

In the beginning you'll be able to choose between dark, light and in between responses. As you progress and head to one side or the other your choises start to become limited.

I'm sure there are the obvious choices one makes that is percieved as "good" and evil".

the ign preview says this: "The difference between the "good guy" response and the "evil dickweed" response is pretty clear."

Originally posted by GothicSith

I read that preview for the first time last night and read that particular statement. I was actually hoping for more grey areas and not a decively clear indication of good and evil. Well, not all the time anyways.

The responses will be clear but the actions won't.

A good example is the one the gave of having to kill some kind of beast in a body of water. You can take the hard way or the quick way. The quick way being poisoning the water and killing it. That's not exactly too evil(in my book :D).

There will be grey areas because they said your character can end up nuetral. Can't be nuetral without grey(ask the Swiss).

Archived