Home

Your FAVOURITE Monkey Island website.

scabb

Which Monkey Island site excites you more?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Monkey Island site excites you more?

• The Scumm Bar, of course.
    • The World of Monkey Island, fool!

The Scumm Bar

The Scumm bar has great articles. Captain Mystery is the man, he's like Eminem without the cuss-words and other general rapping. But with the controversy. Also, it gets the props for holding down the news. I generally have to sift through lots of uninteresting crap on other sites (I can't wait for Internet Explorer: Talkie Edition), but The Scumm Bar (& Mojo) have my news reading preferences down to a tee, probably due to hidden cameras and malicious trojans. You can find almost any file at The Scumm Bar too, as long as it's Monkey Island related, and on the Scumm Bar. It has an excellent design, and the ability to choose your own style sheet is indeed a great ability. Finally, it's the key Monkey Island site - It's the reason for the whole IRC community, without it, we'd probably have no Mojo; and it's been around since the dawn of time. The guy on top of the sign wasn't always a skull.

The World of Monkey Island

The "References & In-jokes" sections are definitely the highlight of the site for me. I suppose a lot of its visitors enjoy all the fan art too, and the fan other things, such as the (lame) fan novel part. It certainly does hoard more fan art than most fan art hoarding sites though (bar the ones dedicated to fan art hoarding). However, most of the pictures are a little lame, although there are a few standout artists. Paco's comic is great, and the new "Enter the punchline" feature is also quite fun, with the crazy parrot and the madcap adventures. Oh, and WMI is definitely a great source for news, which is posted on a very regular basis, and they seem to be worringly excited about Pirates of the Caribbean too. Other than that, it has a great Downloads section, and all the generic content that most Monkeh Island sites stack on their shelves. It lacks articles though, and even when it didn't, the articles it did have weren't exactly as interesting as the rantings of the masked man/woman.

A close call.

I've discounted MILegend, which arguably belongs up there. Showdowns are more fun.

To be honest i dont like new scummbar at all, the design sucks and the most we get article wise are stupid captain mystery ones which I usually get bored of after 2 lines or "WHAT IS TEH SECRIT OF MI OMG".

However I know this is mainly because we havent had an MI release in a few years now so there is little to talk about.

My fav is still legend of mi.

Heya Greg! technically the SCUMM Bar is still mine you know! So that makes me voting for my own site kinda sad really doesn't it? Anyway, I just force Remi to do all the work and pay him in radishes and the like. Poor foolish manc! awww no, Remi does a top job.. really! And since I know he will be reading this i will use the chance to sneak in a Silent Hill 3 spoiler just to upset him... like the fact that I know what Pyramid Head reall... *fffzzzzzzz* <Transmission Termintated>

P.S. Also, why is Lucastones' avatar a picture of Steve Martin.. and why does he live so close to me? ;P

Archived