Home

Do you think JK3 is a hoax?

Prime

Is the JK3 news true?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Is the JK3 news true?

• JK3 is fake
    • Jk3 is legit

There seems to be a lot of doubt as to whether the news of a new Dark Forces game is legit. I'm just curious to see how many think it is real and how many think it is fake. Also, please post why you think it is one or the other. When we know for sure, one side can taunt the other side :)

I think it's real.

They do screenshots of what looks like a rancor and a jawa, the player customization menus, and other new features. Many pictures.

Besides, they aren't stupid. Imagine how much trouble they would get into if this was a hoax. The forums were slowed by the impouring posts and threads. Why would they go through all this trouble for an April Fool's joke.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

It is real, I've seen pics and acording to an article, the game is 60% complete

So? Its an article. Articles can be April fools jokes.

Originally posted by master_thomas

I think it's real.

They do screenshots of what looks like a rancor and a jawa, the player customization menus, and other new features. Many pictures.

There was a Rancor in Mysteries of the Sith. For Raven and their programmers and graphic designers, it would be an easy task to fix up the environment around it.

Originally posted by master_thomas

Besides, they aren't stupid. Imagine how much trouble they would get into if this was a hoax. The forums were slowed by the impouring posts and threads. Why would they go through all this trouble for an April Fool's joke.

Why would they get in trouble? Its their partnership for the games and LucasArts hasn't said anything against it so they wouldnt get in trouble. Although it would make many people angry at them.

And why would they get in trouble because this forum was slowed down?

April Fools jokes by companies have been known to be elaborate. Patch 1.1 for Diablo 2 was SAID to come out last April 1st but it was all an April Fools joke by Blizzard.

I sure hope it's not a fake. It just has me concerned because of how soon it is coming out after the release of JO. If it weren't for that, I think I would be more convinced.

Since I have to go one way, I'm going to say, I think it's legit.

Doesnt anyone remember a couple months ago that survey that was sent around from raven and LEC asking what we wanted to see in jk3? Or how about the fact that several months ago, Raven mentioned that they were working on JK3 still using the modified Q3A engine. And that they were considering having someone else as the main character instead of Kyle. From what I have seen so far, many of the features of JK3 were the most popular requests on the survey, such as making Kyle an npc, having different hilts and including dual sabers and lightstaffs. and of course alot of people clicked on the answer for incorporating some RPG like elements into it. This is the real deal and as a digital artist I can tell you that these pics are not doctored and are not of JK2 with a mod. it is REAL. Also the 60% complete is very possible. Raven should have no problem getting JK3 done so fast because they are building on JK2. With JK2, they had to modify the engine before they could start building. they had whole lot more to do in various other aspects as well. but since JK3 is using JK2 as a foundation, all they really have to do is implement the new features, code and models. Basicaly you could say JK3 is just a mod on a very massive scale. And since they have a team that works on it constantly and they get paid to do it, the game gets done fast, unlike some of these insufferable fanmade TCs that seem to NEVER get completed. so I will say it again. IT IS REAL DANG IT!!!

------edit-----

I just looked into the news. Activision accidentaly made it known during thier Quarterly Earnings conference call. they passingly mentioned that a sequel to JK2 was in the works and is expected out sometime between April 2003 and March-2004. So it is official. JK3 is real!!!

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I sure hope it's not a fake. It just has me concerned because of how soon it is coming out after the release of JO. If it weren't for that, I think I would be more convinced.

Since I have to go one way, I'm going to say, I think it's legit.

Well, if the fall release date is accurate, that will make it about a year and a half after the release of JO. This maybe a little early for a completely new game, but I don't think it is too early for an expansion. Besides, since there has been no official announcement, we don't even know if this new game will be called JK3! I expect that if it is true that it will, in fact, be an expansion...

P.S. Leemu Taos, where did you get your great avator from? What was the original source?

I remember I did this report in English, read all the evidence and said I didn't think the UFOs were a hoax, all those lights and explosions weren't faked. I finished the report, checked the date and it had taken place on Guy Fawkes night....

Still, although its nearly April 1st, the reports came out yesterday right? Hmm, if it is a fake, I WILL be sending Raven some nasty emails :atat::atat::atat:

Originally posted by CanadianSurfer

:wstupid:

Who would honestly think it's fake? I mean come on, there are screenshots and you've heard it from at least 3 programmers....

I resent that :D

I may be stupid but at least I'm cynical! Hmm, I guess that's not really good....

I may be cynical and stupid, but at least I'm not optomistic!

I never liked April Fool's stuff......

*Innocent person drinks coffee*

Person 2: AHAHAHAH, we just put rat poison in your coffee and you drank it!!! APRIL FOOLS!!! AHAHAHA

Person 3: AHAHAH, he fell for it, ahahahaha

Me: Hang on a second, isn't he going to die now, or at least become seriously ill? And how is this funny? And how is it OK to attempt to murder people just because it's april 1st?

I mean, what IS that?

Archived