Home

Drivable vehicles in JA?

greedo626

I was reading the game info on the JA website and saw this:

New vehicles, weapons and Star Wars environments enhance players Star Wars experience.

are players going to be able to drive vehicles in JA? like a T-16 skyhopper or land speeder. I think that would be sweet.:)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, in that interview, they seem to hint at several vehicles or modes of transport in the game. According to the information from the GameStar magazine article, we should also be able to ride a Taun Taun on Hoth (which I would consider to be kickass - I've always loved that part from the movies).

Have any of you played Soldier Of Fortune II? There's a road chase and a helicopter ride in that game, and it sounds like that sort of thing will be in JA.

Personally, I'd like to ride in a Luke-style Speeder, complete with annoying droids. :D A swoop-bike ride (like Anakin in Episode II) might be good too - if they include the Star Wars equivalent music of 'Bad To The Bone'. :D

I found the AT-ST in JO to be a bit boring. The second time I played through the game I just went on foot in that section. It would be great if JA could have some exciting, fast-moving vehicles that could be used both in SP and MP (only available on certain maps, of course). I absolutely love the vehicles in Halo.

Edit: I can't believe I said "the AT-AT in JO." :o

Originally posted by boinga1

or if not AT_AT, then perhaps the rebel equivlent from galaxtic battlegrounds

Ew. :p

Vehicles would be cool...now, does this mean you get to PILOT the vehicle, or you RIDE in it and shoot at stuff outside the windows? 'Cause the second could be easily done in a JK2 mod with scripts or even a func_train. There's some game out there (forgot the name, saw a friend play it), where you play a Delta Force operator in the battle of Mogadishu, they fly you in on a Black Hawk and you get to ride in back trying to snipe targets on the ground. Still cool, but being able to comandeer one of the X-wings lying around the level to make strafing runs would be $&@))$ awesome!!!

inbredyokel, in the GD interview they say they've ported the ARIOCHE terrain system over from SoF2... I haven't played that game, but isn't ARIOCHE supposed to increase the scope for both airborne and land-vehicles?

Anyone played SoF2 and know about the terrain system?

Hmm, wonder if JA will have a random mission generator.

Guest Jolts

with out good physics the vehicles will be horrible and boring and pointless. It won't be like driving vehics in bf1942 or halo, might lead to a little bit of fun in sp.

I think in MP it would be harder to work in player controlled vehicles. though in SP vehicles could be part of a level, especially if there's a character you have to follow (like in Ep II when Anakin and Obi chase Zam through Coruscant), like the cars in Mafia.

BF1942 physics aren't hard to match, since BF1942 physics are pure ****.

It isn't hard to get decent flight physics on the Q3 engine. And as Spider_AL said, they ported the terrain system from SoF 2. I can think of only two reasons for that:

1. Insanely huge outdoor areas.

2. Drivable vehicles such as landspeeders or airspeeders in insanely huge outdoor areas.

I'd like to see them in the game sure. If they do them....I want them done well and not done half-way. I don't know if they can incorporate that into the game....but I think they should at least try to. :)

Also in the jk3 game it says that you can customize your own race and stuff like that.. you can customize your own saber, person, maybe vehicle.. not sure on that. but you can do a lot of now things.. Also the game includes new force powers i think..

I think the x-wing is pretty far-fetched, just because of the limitations of a level. But a speeder bike/landspeeder/low-altitude airspeeder would be cool. Maybe even variants on the rebel snowspeeders, they didn't go very high. I think it could be really cool in MP, as long as there are weaknesses to exploit so you're not uber-powerful. I've often thought of the applications of an AT-ST in JK2MP...;)

Archived