Home

one more stupid poll about sabers...

SlapNut

What Type of saber do u wanna master?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What Type of saber do u wanna master?

• Double edged saber
    • 2 sabers
    • Single saber
    • Guns for me

Single, maybe sometimes a dual bladed one. But I think the double bladed saber, and even more the dual sabers, are crap, they spoil the fun for me. It was OK in the movies, where Anakin used two sabers for a couple of seconds, and where Darth Maul had a great fight, but c'mon, those moments were special because it was once in a lifetime. I'm not totally happy with the new saber options in JA, I hope the two new sabers will have lots of disadvantages and that you can only select them on a couple of missions...

Saber duels look chaotic already with 1 saber. Imagine a 16player FFA match on bespin, where everyone i hacking into eachother with two sabers on the main square... An entire forrest of sabers, aaaargh :eek: :eek:

padme_body3.jpg

Something like this, but without Natalie Portman... Or rather WITH ;)

Originally posted by HertogJan

Saber duels look chaotic already with 1 saber. Imagine a 16player FFA match on bespin, where everyone i hacking into eachother with two sabers on the main square... An entire forrest of sabers, aaaargh :eek: :eek:

padme_body3.jpg

Something like this, but without Natalie Portman... Or rather WITH ;)

oh and look, theres hekx 5th from the right :D:D

Dual sabres. Something always appealed to me about fighting ni-to (Japanese version of dual "sabres"). It just seems like you'd be unstopable, although, for game balance, you'd need to make it so that this is either very hard to master as a skill, or has some major downside to its use, to offset the upside. Realistically, being able to fight with a weapon in each hand and use both effectively would render you a true force to be reckoned with. You can block and attack at the same time, parry an attack and counter in seconds, attack from two different angles, follow up attacks at twice the speed you'd normally be able to, etc.

I'd suggest one or more of the following attributes to balance things:

1.) Less flexibility -- you're required to specialize ONLY in dual sabres and must "unlearn" the single sabre stances at anything above level 1 or so. Thus, in a duel, you'd only be able to use the dual sabres and would not be able to use a single one, given that you'd spent most of your time focusing on how to effectively use the other stances. Towards that end, in terms of countering other stances, you'd be at a disadvantage. You'd have to approach each problem the same way every time (or at least with the same stance).

2.) Your attacks do less damage than every other stance, but are still fast. Think of dual sabres as a sort of blue stance plus. That, of course, assumes that the different stances do different damage (which I think is inaccurate to begin with -- sabres are lethal even if you casually slice through someone's arm -- the strength with which you hit doesn't matter in terms of damage).

3.) Less defense -- because you are using two sabres, you might argue you're more focused on offense (I know, I know -- goes against what I said above about being able to attack with one and defend with the other), so your defensive abilities are lessened.

4.) Extra force power required -- you could allow people to still use other stances, but require them to sacrifice points to buy the dual-sabre stance. Thus, you'd be more of a sabre-focused jedi and woudl have to forego taking extra powers.

To me, the best balancing aspect would be the lack of flexibility required by intensive training in this one area alone. You could still give people access to the basic three stances, but require them to effectively operate at level 1 for each of the basic three. Or you could use the fourth option and just require a really high point expenditure to get the dual sabres. That's my theory anyway.

Single bladed for me. But ofcourse I'll try the other stances out too.

I don't think the double saber should be "unstoppable once mastered" it should be the same as the other stances, with weaknesses and strengths.

I think the double sabers should have the hardest time breaking a block, since the attacks are much weaker using only 1 hand for each saber. Also, the same should be blocking, harder to block attacks with two sabers, since its weaker than 2 hands focused on one saber.

But the attacks would be much harder to evade, since you could effectively be a whirl wind of sabers.

I just hope the double saber doesn't turn out to be like the light stance, but faster. With the light stance alot of people would just spin around as fast as they could -- and actually be somewhat effective. If it is made just as easy or easier to use the double sabers in such a manner, then we might have those annoying button mashing saber battles again.

i love the idea of two sabers, but of course i would hope each saber style has their own disadvantage and advantage. also i hope the single saber is given the option of extendable blade like in the novels where the blade does not have a fixed length, but rather two or three differing ones depending on how many crystals, wow idea wouldn't it be cool if a side mission could be finding crystal for your saber so it can be extendable, have another, or dual. (did they mention that ever?)

thanks for your oppinions guys, wow i didnt know that there were so many pros and cons with the sabers in the new game, i thought it would be like the first where all the sabers are the same but different graphics, i cant wait!

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

Triple? Heh.

I wonder if they'll add 'Double DualBlade' possibilities.

I hope two sabers and dual blades do equal or less damage than a single blade, or MP is going to be chaos. :snear:

- Sounds like easy shaving to me (yes head and limbs) :evanpiel:

As for what Hetog Jan said, Thow the double bladed saber might have been a very rare thing it mightened have been for a sith warrior such as maul, he new he might be faceing two jedi at once so a double bladed saber or sith saber if you will would be ideal. As for two sabers at once it might have been very common for jedi, if you look closely at AOTC geonosis battle there is another jedi in the background using two sabers the hole time. so its very likely many jedi expanded there ability to use the lightsaber, or two, Yoda was a saber master but he chose only to use the one. then again it might be just a spur of the moment thing to gain a momentary advantage, pick up another saber from a fallin jedi and have at er! ;) anyway those are my thoats about that.

I would go with the dual sabers, just because I can, and because its looks like it will kick @$$ :D I mean, the Solo(no pun intended) sabers have been in every film, the double-blade made it into the first prequel, but then along came the Dual Sabers, thanks to our hero and villain, Darth Vader:D :vadar::vadar: Yea:D

Archived