Home

SWG pushed back another week

Xx_Patman_xX

What's a week in the grand scheme of things? That's another week of work or school, another week of place holder games, another week of posting on the board (not to say we'll leave the boards after the game comes out). A week isn't that bad.

Original release date: 4/15/03

1st setback date: 6/17/03

2nd setback date: 6/24/03

Guys cmon its not that hard, lets see if they're adding a week and now the date is the 24 how about we subtract a week to get the original date? Not so hard is it?

Yea...since they cancelled 4/15 they haven't set a date. The dates you are mentioning are purely speculation on the part of forum goers. No hard facts to support. Actually, in contrast....I read a quote yesterday that takes the 6/17 release date and pushes it back to July or August.

It was buy a SOE vice president, and he said: “The game is pretty close to being final now but we still have a few months of open beta in front of us to get it done but I can’t give an exact date just yet.”

"a few months of open beta" being the key phrase.

Dr. Zaius, all the beta testers know is what is going to be playable on launch. For the most part they don't know everything a dev does.

Those release dates exar are exactly what Grinch said, speculation by companies like EB and what not. There's people that are going to want to know when it'll generally come out and those that don't care. Most people think that those are the actual dates because EB or Amazon has them posted. Also, one week won't really matter to me, since I've been waiting 2 years. And when they announced that the release was delayed a lot of people were thinking sometime in June.

=====

Dr. Zaius, do you watch Simpsons? 'Cause they have the episode when Troy McClure (I tihnk so at least) marries Thelma, and he does the broadway version of Planet of the Apes- they have a song about Dr. Zaius! It's hilarious.

Ok gang, don't kill me but I am going to give you a date. Lets just say it is a guesstimate on the final release date. I am not doing this to depress anyone or start an argument. I am basing this on the fact that they really haven't done a stress test yet on server population, like they really want to. Also basing it on the release of other games that have this much going for them.

I say End of July to Early September. Most likely first week of September.

Why, for 2 reasons. 1. I am a gamer and have spent many a day waiting for final release of games. It is a heartwrenching feeling but we all know what that is like. 2. I have a friend who works for EB corporate, who is also waiting to play. He sent me an email yesterday saying, they don't expect a release until that timeframe.

I hope we are both wrong. Now before I have overly depressed anyone I have some good news. I am stationed over here for at least another 8 weeks, although most likely longer. I spent a lot of time on the Official site boards and I am signed up for Beta. Now, I am religiously checking my home email for the Beta news, and if I got in was going to give it to my best friend. He too is now deployed. But maybe it would be possible to give it to someone on these boards. I am not sure how, and I may not even get in. But hey if someone who takes the time to post about the game can get in and I can help, I will.

Now if it is possible, I will come up with a way to fairly and justly decide who will get the CD. This means DO NOT PM ME about this. I will say now IF I START GETTING PMs ABOUT THIS, I WILL TAKE THAT PERSON OUT OF THE RUNNING.

I honestly do not know if this will be possible, but I would rather give it to someone who actively takes a role in the game than have my Beta go back into the pool and go to some Schmoe who will hardly log on.

Other than that I again hope I am wrong about the date.

Krymelord

Also I had to have the Billy Dee avatar up for a few days, just cause he's the man. I am going back to my original Avatar today though.

"How about some colt.....45!"-----Chris Tucker.

:mob:

I see Krymelord's point, but I sure hope he's wrong. There are several points that lean in his favor.

First, why is it that when they first said beta 3 would go "for a few weeks" are they now saying that they have "a few months of open beta?"

Second, if you do keep an eye on sites like Amazon.com and what not, they keep adding on days and weeks. The only time they didn't do this was when they had an official release date, remember how long it was from the announcement of the release date to the actual date? It was in December of 02. That added 4 months to the official date. So if they announce in June.... that would put it around September like Krymelord said. I don't know how much basis I really have for that arguement, but it does make Krymelord's point pretty valid in my mind.

BUT, I sincerely hope they do not decide to wait that long; for pretty much one reason. The summer. I think Sony would be throwing away a lot of money on kids who are not in school during the summer and would play this game non-stop, myself included. I do have a 40 hour a week job during the summer, but I would imagine the rest of the time could be devoted to Galaxies. However, if Galaxies comes out during the school year, I might not buy it, just because I won't have very much time to play it, and I won't want to pay a monthly fee for it if I can only manage to get in 3 or 4 hours a week playing time.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents. It sounds to me like they might push it back a few months as well... I just hope they don't. :)

Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX

http://www.swgalaxies.net/

Another week.:mad:

Official Website is now guessing June 22nd.

if there is no official date yet.. how can there be another delay?

if so its the ultimate new discovery of this century :D

get something delayed when its not known whe it comes out :D

it gets out when it gets out... i have been waiting 3 years.... 3 or 6 more weeks dont matter to me any more

Originally posted by Wraith 8

if there is no official date yet.. how can there be another delay?

if so its the ultimate new discovery of this century :D

get something delayed when its not known whe it comes out :D

it gets out when it gets out... i have been waiting 3 years.... 3 or 6 more weeks dont matter to me any more

Me either, as long as the game comes out which it obviously will we really don't have to worry. :)

Kryme lord, not at one bit trying to disagree with you, even though I am, I have another guess.

Most parents of the younger class children have rules and regs telling them how long they can play games ( dont nobody try to tell me that kids dont play MMORPGs) This is mainly due to the school thing. So when school is out, its a big oppertunity for companys to make big sales.

College too, being in college myself Im looking forward to being able to take a long break (one week then finals :D ) Im most looking forward to SWG, im not the only one, I know about twenty five people who have pre-ordered the game hoping for a summer release so they may actually have time to play it. I think that sony has realized this and is going to try very very hard to make it out by mid summer.

( Does this take me out of the running krymelord :p )

I have seen a lot of games have a release date, and keep getting pushed back and pushed back. Original release date was Winter 02, and since there is no release date, I find it hard to believe the game will be out within a month. My guess is that it will come out between September and December of this year. I wish the game would come out next week, but that isn't going to happen :(

Archived