Home

Cantina Part 10: The Dawning

Deac

((Yeah, Irvine was about to, but shruged it off.))

*Irvine walks off towards the book section of the library, keeping an eye on Cracken. He couldn't help but to root his father on. almost effected by the burst of dark energies from cracken.*

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Deac moves down above Duncan, narrowly missing him. He spins, aiming for the crossbow with every swipe*

Deac: You move quickly, but you shall falter....

*Sees Cracken do the dark rage. Part of the effect is that it harms lightsiders*

Deac: Oh...hell....feeling weak...weaker...Cracken...stop...you're...slowing me...

((It's not that Irvine is mortaly wounded. just that the bolt is still lodged in side his chest somewhere. He got pissed, so when he healed himself, he forgot to force the bolt out ^_~

that is if these are physical bolts we are talking about here, and not energy weapons.

And I think I made it obvious that Irvine WANTS those two on his ship. And not flying around in the open as an open target. No offence to anyone, but you'd think that a ship flying around while there is a crap load of evacuations going on, would be less noticable then a group of individuals on flying disks...))

((That may be true, however seeing how they have reached their destination, going to a ship without achieving their objective is pointless....))

*Hildr sat and listened to the fight going on in the library. She was waiting for her comrades to finish. Hildr was ready to go home*

---------------------------------------------

Asgard

*Odin was on a com unit talking to Skadi*

Odin: She is still plagued by the dreams?

Skadi: Yes. we will be there shortly. Hopefully the Norns can help her.

((OOS: Flax wasn't with the group, BD. I'll assume he just got there :)

Scar: Obviously our characters don't agree...besides Gilian does have a cloak for her glider (and disks), she just didn't use it.

You also missed the point of what Cracken said. Starr and Gilian are in another room. Remember how the books were in a storage room? So your post about Irvine leading Starr to his ship couldn't have possibly happened.))

*Duncan dodges*

Duncan: Ah, a Jedi...so the law has arrived?

*He casually shoots down Greer, knocking the man unconscious with a wounded shoulder. He turns in Cracken's direction*

Duncan: How amusing. One of you calling a man a coward? *dodging Cracken's Dark Rage attacks* A Sith's rage...so you really are the same as the others.

*Noticing Deac is being weakened by Cracken's strange power, Duncan fires several immobilizing bolts into his side.

Rwos tries to move to help his friend. But something invisible weighs down on him, slowing his footsteps. He finds it harder and harder to move...

Suddenly, with a measure of shock, he realizes.*

K'Warra.

----------

Starr: *holding his injured arm* What are you looking for?

Gilian: A scent. *The device she hols reads "Tracing" then switches to "Found". A topographical map of what was clearly Coruscant buildings comes up on display*

((Fine that scene can come up afterwards ^_^))

Irvine: *running up to starr and gillian.* "Come on, we have to go, now"

-------

Reaver: *to deac telepathically* <'Having trouble moving?'>

*The skulls on the handle glow, as an unwillingly hand of deac's drops a lightsaber and clenches down on the handle of the Reaver. Small bits of magical energies enter Deac's body, allowing him to move more freely, minus the infinite grip on the Reaver itself.*

Reaver: *to deac telepathically* <'One strike should be enough to weaken him. I should be able to drain a little bit of his blood more effeciently then I was in my previous form.'>

*Deac turns to look at the strange sword hung over his back*

Deac: Never thought to use you

*Deac deactivates his lightsabers moves toward Duncan*

But I don't trust you

*Tries to let go. Fails*

Guess I have to.

*Charges toward Duncan*

*At this point Drago arrives, with Lelan slung over one shoulder and a blaster carbine on the other.*

Drago: My Lord, catch!

*Drago tosses Flax his Blaster, Flax advances, blaster in one hand saber in the other.*

Flax: You have exactly two seconds to give me a reason to cause GBH.

*Drago makes a bee-line for the door.*

((In case no-one noticed Lelan is once again human and so is Drago, and quite frankly he was looking foward to retiring and buying a farm.))

*Cracken continues his onslaught, now fully enraged that he couldn't hit Duncan.*

Duncan: How amusing. One of you calling a man a coward?

*Duncan round houses Cracken at inhumane speeds, knocking him to the floor, sending him sprawling.*

Duncan: A Sith's rage...so you really are the same as the others.

*He's...taunting...me.... that... insolent........*

FOOOOOOOOL!!!!

*Cracken began yelling at the top of his lungs. He began to draw as much energy to him as possible. The buildings' foundation shook wildly, threatening to bring down the ceiling. He slowly stood up, on hand behind his back. The energies he continued to draw into himself created a wind around him, swirling his hair. Cracks grew in the floor around him. He didn't care about the damned vampires or the blackness threatening the galaxy. He just wanted Duncan DEAD.*

DODGE...THIS!!!

*With that, he threw from behind his back a small over powered Ultima ball, primed to take out 3 city blocks. With that final outburst, his body gave out, and as he hit the floor, he thought At least he's dead...*

((OOS: FYI everyone that Cracken and I are cooperating in this instance, in case the acceptance of character controlling is confusing you ^_~

Admiral: Grevious Bodily Harm, I believe))

*If Cracken had stayed conscious another second, he would have seen he had not hit the floor. He would have seen that the world had pulled away from underneath him at the last moment and dissolved into whiteness. He would have also seen a certain little girl looking at him with a disapproving stare.

The others in the library saw him fade away.

Another circumstance that occured purely by chance was that the Ultima blast saved Drago's life. Duncan had had his crossbow sights trained on the back of the man's head when the blast came.

Duncan promptly lowers his crossbow and swings his sword in a parabolic arc. A ring of energy forms catching the Ultima blast. Duncan seems surprised at this result, even more so when the Ultima begins absorbing the energy into itself.

Duncan swings his sword and hurls the blast into the ceiling, completely dissolving it. A wind is created that blows everyone backwards from the center of the blast effect.

Duncan looks at the floor where Cracken had been*

Duncan: He was the fool.

*Without turning around, he points his crossbow behind his back and rapidly fires bolts at Deac and Flax, the only two left standing.

Rwos finds himself now completely unable to move.*

----------

Gilian: We have our next destination. We have to leave, now!

Starr: *wincing* Can't you use one of those 'teleporters' you otherdimensional beings constantly seem to have?

Gilian: I don't have one on me...Rwos does. Besides, the others...

Irvine: *speaking what he sensed* "Father's gone. He created a powerful ball of energy, I think he drained too much of himself into it."

*The small room's foundation begins to crack.*

----------

*A small bit away, the Fused Irvine is more calm. He stands, arms at his side.*

Fused Irvine: *twin voice* "Yes, Yeeeeesssssss! Those two are too weak for themselves! Ha!"

*He senses what is going on, he expresion changes from a pleased to a snarl. He jumps out the window, and flys towards to library in a crazed anger.*

*Greer regains conciousness, tries to move the arm in which the bolt hit, but could only move it weakly*

Greer: That's gonna leave a scar.

*Greer picks up his sword with his good arm and tosses it at Duncan, hoping to cause the bolts to miss*

Deac: You're good. Really good. Tell me. How fast can you dodge? No matter. I'll find out.

*Deac goes into force speed, extends the Reaver and force jumps around the room, moving gradually toward Duncan*

((Amiral, yes the lack of not was a typo. *Gets confused, checks sentance.* Yeah.))

*Flax sees the bolt, he force jumps and sumersults, bringing his saber up defensive and drawing the force around himself.*

Drago: Sod this!

*Legs it.*

((OOS: Scar, how are we supposed to believe RH Irvine is a "true Jedi" when he keeps coming with all these completely random (and very wrong) things? ;P))

Starr: DAMN! Not again!

*The two run from the room*

----------

*Duncan knocks Greer's sword away with his own. He looks at Deac and Flax.

As the two leap towards him using the Force to aid them, Duncan rapid-fires two bolts in the air, aiming where the two Jedi were headed. The bolts squarely hit both Jedi and knock them to the floor, the bolts' fires numbing and immobilizing them*

The faster you choose to move, the less able you are to stop...

*Duncan is about to say something aloud when Starr and Gilian burst in the room*

Duncan: Back again?

Starr: You will DIE, fiend!

*He ignites his crimson lightsaber and rushes at Duncan in a rage. Instead of dodging, Duncan brings his sword to catch onto the lightsaber. The two blades stick together as if held by powerful magnets. Before Starr could react to this unexpected development, Duncan had forced his arms aside and fired point-blank in his chest.

The Sith flies backwards, violently smashing into the wall. The impact knocks him unconscious, and he slumps down, the green-burning bolt stuck in his chest armor. Duncan turns to face Gilian, but makes no move to attack*

Sejhan: Now, K'Warra.

*K'Warra levitates upwards mechanically. He flies over the railing and lands in front of Rwos. The two begin glowing, a link of energy streaming between them*

Gilian: What in seven hells...NO!

*She rushes towards them. In an instant, Duncan is in front of her, blocking her with his sword, an impassable barrier*

Gilian: What are you doing? Duncan...you, you were always one of the humans out for justice! If you let this happen you'll be nothing but a murderer!

Duncan: Appealing to my moral code? How amusing. Especially for a vampire, not to mention one so vicious as yourself...

Gilian: I'm NOT that anymore!

Duncan: Really?

*Before she can move, Duncan's hand goes down to his waist and back up again, smashing a flask in her face. Gilian vamps out and reels back in pain, clutching her burning face, wiping off the liquid that had been splashed there*

Duncan: Somehow things seem just the same to me.

*K'Warra and Rwos rise into the air.

Rwos, unable to move, can feel K'Warra's mind extend into his. He could feel that the gargoyle was only half-aware of what he was doing...

He slams up his mental shields, but something was wrong. Something was rising inside him. Little dark shards being brought together into...*

The remnants of the Darkstar! Whatever it left inside of me when it possessed me...K'Warra is using it to form a pathway into my...

*K'Warra raises his hands. He turns translucent, skin appearing chrome instead of blue-green as if he was transforming into faded liquid metal. He stretches out two of his fingers and plunges them into Rwos' eyes*

...MIND!

*Rwos screams in agony, and the room is wiped in a burst of brilliance. Chrome snakes of energy run up K'Warra's arm, piercing Rwos' head and run back out, leaving no physical mark but causing enormous pain. The flow runs back and forth, engulfing both figures.

Then suddenly the brilliant energy is sucked back away into K'Warra. He levitates stiffly back to the floor. Rwos drops like a rag doll to the ground.

Sejhan: Did you find it?

K'Warra: *mechanically* Yes. It was exactly as you said.

*He extends his arm. A spinning vortex appears, images projecting from it. An image of Gerd, Rwos and Odin appears more brightly illuminated from the bunch*

Sejhan: Good. Then it's confirmed. *The portal behind him reopens. K'Warra levitates upwards and passes through it. Duncan, crossbow trained on Gilian, ascends the stairs and follows. The portal closes behind him*

Sejhan: *looking down at the unconcious bodies around the room, and Gilian standing in the middle of the room looking lost and horrified* Have a nice day.

*The demon turns and walks into the wall, fading out as he does so*

*Cracken opens his eyes, only to see glaring white. He cringes, and tries to move. He can't. He curses, and tries to use his magical prowess to heal himself.

Nothing.

He curses some more, and uses the tried and true Force not to heal, but to make himself at least sit up. His slowly sits up, pain coming from every movement he makes.

That basterd better have died from that, he thought. now upright, he slowly opens his eyes, only to see he was back in the white room.

With that pitiful child. Damn.

Slowly, as if he just woke up, he speaks*

Damnit, why am I back here. And you'd better stop answering in riddles or so help me, I will kill you too.

*He rubbed his head, the headache just began to subside. Barely.*

*The girl smiles*

Girl: I warned you you wouldn't be able to stop it. Why did you try?

*She folds her arms* You could have killed yourself. You overextended your powers and, shall we say, "tripped" on them. *haughtily* You should be thanking me.

*Deac regains consciousness and runs to Rwos*

Deac: Rwos...what just happened.

*Deac can then almost see a trail of evil leading away from Rwos.*

The Darkstar. I didn't know...he stole it!

Archived