Home

Women -vs- Men.

Dathan Surehand

Originally posted by Danyx

pffffttttt My house has five computers. Four of them are owned by females. My son-in-law teethed on computer boards brought home from his dad at Intel. He builds us cpu's for about $500 a piece. Everytime one gets upgraded, we pass something down to the next in line. Mine is built for online gaming. Husband's is built for media and FPS's. Daughters #2 and #3 are a mix of media, online gaming, and LAN parties. Daughter #4'S CPU is the end of the line and gets all the left overs. She's 7 and uses her's to play Barbie games and such. Her computer cost absolutely nothing.

Daughter #1 is married to son-in-law who build the computers and she gets whatever her little heart wants /smirks.

Wow that really does kick butt, if everyones family was like that. Then there sure would be alot more female players playing Swg once it comes out. :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have only two comps in my house...Lol. Where I live people can barely understand how to type up problems on a calculator, let alone play a "complicated" MMORPG. Everyone is too busy doing drugs.

The last several generations are getting away from that in our geographic area, imho. We have a population in their mid-late twenties lost in meth-amphetamines. The generation under them, from teen-to early twenties are being affected in our area in a strange way by that microsoft guy. He donated min. one million in computers and technology to our school systems. The it's common practice for the kids to mail their homework to themselves, go to school, open their mail there and print out their homework. The highschools are geared towards entering the work force and divided into two tracks, college bound and trade school bound. Everyone gets a background in computer. State of Washington figured that if they don't educate kids to be able to get jobs and pay taxes, there would be no taxes to support the State of Washington. Intead of shop classes, there's a "skill-center" shared by several dozen schools that kids go to in their jr and sr. years to learn professions such as dental assisting, computer electronics, restaurant management, acct, auto mechanics, you name it. The state provides their training for free, figuring that in three years of working and paying taxes, they will have paid back the state back in the education cost. For those not going to trade school, my other daughter got into "running start" where the state pays her two years at college simultaneously while earning high school credits in her jr and sr years, getting her associates at the same time as her high school diploma. The state figures the money they are stepping up the kids into also promotes them becoming working tax payers that can support themselves, their family, and their taxes supports the state.

It helps the economy, gives the kids direction into careers instead of drugs, helps the state. Everyone wins. NONE of this is based on income, color, creed. It's available across the board. All that is required is the kid's will to step up to the plate.

But I digress.

Sorry, back to topic.

The last several generations are getting away from that in our geographic area, imho. We have a population in their mid-late twenties lost in meth-amphetamines. The generation under them, from teen-to early twenties are being affected in our area in a strange way by that microsoft guy. He donated min. one million in computers and technology to our school systems. The it's common practice for the kids to mail their homework to themselves, go to school, open their mail there and print out their homework. The highschools are geared towards entering the work force and divided into two tracks, college bound and trade school bound. Everyone gets a background in computer. State of Washington figured that if they don't educate kids to be able to get jobs and pay taxes, there would be no taxes to support the State of Washington. Intead of shop classes, there's a "skill-center" shared by several dozen schools that kids go to in their jr and sr. years to learn professions such as dental assisting, computer electronics, restaurant management, acct, auto mechanics, you name it. The state provides their training for free, figuring that in three years of working and paying taxes, they will have paid back the state back in the education cost. For those not going to trade school, my other daughter got into "running start" where the state pays her two years at college simultaneously while earning high school credits in her jr and sr years, getting her associates at the same time as her high school diploma. The state figures the money they are stepping up the kids into also promotes them becoming working tax payers that can support themselves, their family, and their taxes supports the state.

It helps the economy, gives the kids direction into careers instead of drugs, helps the state. Everyone wins. NONE of this is based on income, color, creed. It's available across the board. All that is required is the kid's will to step up to the plate.

But I digress.

Sorry, back to topic.

Grrr...that sucks...why does Arkansas have to be so screwed up? We have some of that and none of that. Our budget got huge holes punched in it and they are cutting scholarships in half and disolving 2 MAJOR scholarships for several years. Our govenor has promised to fix education for both of his terms and hasn't done jack. We are still the 48th ranked state in the nation and we are still making cuts in education to balance the budget. I am SOOOO moving out of here.:o

As for the thread topic, I think the words 80% males and 20% females have been said enough now that there isn't much else to say.

Grrr...that sucks...why does Arkansas have to be so screwed up?

Arkansas is not alone. Right across the river, the constant news story in Oregon is "Classroom in Crisis"

Copy my post, mail it to your state representatives, senators and governer. Ask them to look into it. When a state finally gives up trying to patch up their eductation system and they are looking for a way to overhaul it, they might get some good ideas from the people the State of Washington.

If they want help with transportation ideas, go to the State of Oregon. Their "Max" train system is famous.

I think each state has their glory. I know a lot of people don't like the microsoft guy, (damn, I can't remember his name) but he really, really did help a lot. We may have overcrowding and buildings with mold in some of the bathrooms, but we've got great computer tech and equipment. He really was generous to us. I don't care what his reason was (some say genuine, some say tax right off, I don't care, bottom line is he did a tremendous thing)

pffffttttt My house has five computers. Four of them are owned by females. My son-in-law teethed on computer boards brought home from his dad at Intel. He builds us cpu's for about $500 a piece. Everytime one gets upgraded, we pass something down to the next in line. Mine is built for online gaming. Husband's is built for media and FPS's. Daughters #2 and #3 are a mix of media, online gaming, and LAN parties. Daughter #4'S CPU is the end of the line and gets all the left overs. She's 7 and uses her's to play Barbie games and such. Her computer cost absolutely nothing.

Daughter #1 is married to son-in-law who build the computers and she gets whatever her little heart wants /smirks.

YES!

talk about enthusiasm. or to the computer geeks, regularism.

i have 5 computers at home, mostly for shooter games like counterstrike and unreal tourney 2003, mine has the radeon 9700 pro (muahahah).

my four brothers occupy them all. the electriciy bill in my house is insane.

two macs and a pc at my dads work (for when i help out).

yes macs...sorry but well...just sorry...couldn't think of an excuse...

um they can do photoshop good...

all of them i built and as i make new ones, they get handed down.

i think its great when i hear ppl participating in lan parties.

the # of computers per household will rise as time goes by...i mean i still meet ppl who define mouse as a creature, and i meet ppl who build the hardware.

my buddy works @ nvidia...told me he's gonna send me his beta geforce fx card when he's done testing and debugging stuff...he has 3 of them (higher than the geforce 5900 fx).

Originally posted by sexxxy_mark

my buddy works @ nvidia...told me he's gonna send me his beta geforce fx card when he's done testing and debugging stuff...he has 3 of them (higher than the geforce 5900 fx).

Damn, I have to get some new friends :p.

80%-20% sounds like most games. I really wish there were more female gamers out there.

Which is why in the world of roleplay, I prefer my in-game hubby to be played by either a female or gay guy. Even if a man's cool headed and respectful that you only want to have an in-game partnership, it's also a matter of respect to his wife. I don't ever want another woman to feel she's in competition for attention from her man. It's just not cool.

On another note to this topic, I've been seeing more females lately, I'd say 70-30 ratio last day or two.

I will be roleplaying a female character. I feel they are easier on the eyes, sleeker, sexier... Gotta love new cell phones... wait a second. J/K

I love girls, so why not be one in a game. Perfect chance, and go ahead and laugh at me all you want, I know you will on the inside, but roleplaying a girl makes me happier than roleplaying a guy in games. Now do not get me wrong, I do have a girlfriend, and I love her very much.

In other news: Refreshment nearing completion. *wink* wink*

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. One of my best friends in EQ is a guy that plays a hard-core female paladin general, and he's very straight.

And to those of you who aren't straight, there's nothing wrong with that either. I don't assume anything about anybody. Religion, work ethics, sex, as long as you aren't hurting yourself or anyone else, then there's nothing wrong with whatever path you take, as long as it's right for YOU.

Judging other people just creates drama. Who needs that?

Yeah, i had a male friend from a guild who was male playing a female dark elf shadow knight. I mean, there was nothing differnet about him when we played. I mean if you can't really tell the difference between a female player or a male player, playing whatever sex in the game, who gives a ****. They're not harming anyone, so anyone who does think it's "queer" or "sus" should actually think about it and realise maybe they're the ones who are "queer" for not being right with it.

The irony...

Gender is as much created by the society as by biology. Sometimes, even more so.

Playing around in a virtual world where gender is not restricted by biology at all is interesting, since it gives us a chance to realize in what ways society creates gender. Who said you can never learn anything important from games? ;)

Then you'll have to educate her. After all, these are things that are discussed vividly by my friends over at the Gender Studies institute at the University. Suddenly, it sounds a lot more 'mature' than "playing games over the internet", ey? ;)

Archived