Home

Coronation Street SW reference?

•-BLaCKouT-•

ROFL.

You have no idea how sad that is :p

And of course it's been pinched from SW - but Lucas probably nicked it form somewhere before that :p:D

I'm so, so glad I gave up watching soaps ages ago... Such sad pathetic things they are, and such sad pathetic things they can turn you into :p:D

I don't even know who Joe Carter is... o_o

It all went downhill once the originals started being killed off :p

Originally posted by BLaCKouT_1138

Anyone watching / just watched Coronation Street on ITV1 in the UK?

Mike Baldwin just said "I've got a bad feeling about this", as him and Joe Carter went to a linen factory.

Is this the Street's second ever Star Wars reference? :p

B

Please do not bring that dreaded soap on here, my mum and sister go on about it enough. Let alone on the forums, please stop the pain. :p

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

I'm so, so glad I gave up watching soaps ages ago... Such sad pathetic things they are, and such sad pathetic things they can turn you into :p:D

You couldn't be more right, Wacky my friend ^_^ Soap operas IMHO have got to be the lowest of the low in terms of acting standard - whenever I switch onto a soap on TV now, I either hear arguing, arguing...or maybe (for a change), more arguing:pHollyoaks was the only one I watched, as it seemed most real...that was until they started introducing pointless/overdramatic and unrealistic young actors...

*shudders*

The only soap I'll ever watch is the one sitting in my sink between the taps...

*goes to carefully observe pink bathroom soap*

:xp:;)

Originally posted by Darklighter

*shudders*

The only soap I'll ever watch is the one sitting in my sink between the taps...

*goes to carefully observe pink bathroom soap*

:xp:;)

Gah, when you meant soap between your taps, I thought you meant between your..package(as Rhett so kindly put it in EB IRC.:p).

Sadly, the only soaps I've ever seen(unwillingly) were spanish soaps that my grandma used to watch. And they, my friends, are the WORST.

The thing that really disturbs me is that I wanted to watch some soaps as a kid...

Eastenders has always, in my view, been chronically depressing.

I've gradually stopped watching most TV programmes anyway. AS they've gradually added more and more channels, it seems to me the quality of programmes has been going further and further down the toilet.

I hate reality TV and soaps that try to emulate reality. If I wanted reality when watching TV I'd walk out the door and go and experience it first-hand.

Every new series that comes out is another detective fighting crime, or another soap churning out competing storylines, or another tired period drama...

Bring back the innovation, I say.

'Eastenders' is brilliant, especially Alfie Moon... he's breathed life back into that programme, although it's a bit dreary having him mope around, staring at Kat Slater from day to day. I hope he starts being his old self again.

Did anyone catch Tuesday's episode, where the cliffhanger was that new neighbour answering the door dressed as Elvis, spouting "Welcome to Graceland, thank you very much..."? Oh my God! I hope that family isn't as psychotic / crazy / inbred / dirty / underhanded / cheating / crime-ridden as the others. And what about bringing back Dirty Den Watts? I haven't heard much on the subject, but it could be... how are they going to manage that, he was shot by a bunch of daffodills!

(By the way, I realise how sad I sound, but I can assure you that 'Eastenders' is the only soap opera I watch, since all the others are terrible. Because it's on four nights per week, I tend to soak up all the information about the characters and therefore can write things like above. But I'm not obsessed, crazy or living in Albert Square.)

Ur typical soap scenario: *puts on British accent*

"You were sleeping with my husband!"

"Prove it!"

"Got it all on camera"

"bitch!"

"slut!"

"whore!

Eastenders, Coronation Street, they're all the same to me. :rolleyes:

Soaps are so BORING. I don't see how anyone could like them, but so many do. What is the world coming to?!:rolleyes:

Blimey charlie. Quite a hornet's nest in here isn't it? :eek:

As it happens, yeah I watch Corrie and 'Stenders most nights. If only because I'm usually eating at the time and it's kinda neutral-mode television y'know? I could quite happily live without them, and for the most part I agree with what's been said. Having said that, I spend too much time online too and I'm not about to change that :p

Anyways, the reason for this post, you'll recall I called it Corrie's second ever SW reference. (Although I take it no-one noticed last night's one :p )

The first was a few years ago now. It was the scene where Fred 'Booming Voice' Elliot tells Ashley 'Whimpering voice' Peacock that "he is his father". The ensuing denial and reluctant acceptance was such an Empire moment that I was on the floor wiht tears in my eyes. I know it's kinda hard to explain in words, three-or-so years later.

I believe that John Savident should play any shots of Anakin 'suited up' in EpIII. He rocks.

savident_john5.gif=vader.gif

peacock_ashley3.gif= luke_skywalker.jpg

I swear to god you never get SW references on Emmerdale.

Mind you, the milkman on 'Stenders is the stormtrooper who banged his head in ANH apprently. Honest.

B.

Archived