Home

Are you a scary LucasArts collector?

Jake

Originally posted by Jake

I got a copy of Monkey Island 2 boxed, sealed (macintosh, not pc) a few months ago and I opened it :) So screw you guys. Whats the point if you cant play with the mix-n-mojo codewheel and read the archaic Adventurer magazine inside?

I also have a copy of Night Shift, though its not in perfect condition and has been opened.

Heh, I did that with my sealed Full Throttle and Indy FOA boxes. Somehow I just *need* to pull the plastic off. I'm discussing this obsession with my psychiatrist this week.

--Erwin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only thing that could be qualified as collector's item, is Grim Fandango box with autographs of Tim and pals that also included Full Throttle and little Manny figure. I actually sold that copy of FT as it was original Dos version and later bought Classic(Windows XP supported) edition of same game. I still have Manny standing on my shelf though. ;)

Yeah, but that's not going to be easy to come by. There will come a point when the only chance you'll get to get hold of some of this stuff is when people die, because people like you and me aren't gonna start selling our collections. God knows my friends and family would sell my LucasArts stuff at the drop of a hat if I got hit by a bus or something.

I want that DOTT box!! Click here to e-mail me if you have any information whatsoever. I can use paypal .

ok, own 2 or 3 signed boxes, my 3 most priced LEC goods are:

1. The Mos Isley Cantina Limited Numbered Edition Frame with original Star Wars A New Hope movie print, pencil signed.

2. The Grim Fandango Game Sountrack [Out Of Print]

3. Original Boxed Monkey Island 2

I would love to get the original Monkey Island Boxed, also i need a new book of patherns, i lost mine :)

Oh come on. I'm not scary but its true! Let me paint a picture for you:

Mr Jones is, in his own opinion, the worlds greatest fan of Elvis Presley. In his quest to build a world class collection of memorabilia, he happens upon a signed photograph of the king, with a golden frame made from melted down rings Elvis used to wear on stage. He spends a lot of money on this item, so much so in fact that he can't afford to take his wife on holiday that year. Mrs Jones feels resentful. Her husband seems to love Elvis more than he loves her!! Over the years she grows to hate both Elvis AND her husband. One day, Mr Jones falls down the stairs to his untimely demise. Mrs Jones celebrates by giving this rare, one of a kind, unique Elvis photo to a charity store.

Mr Smith, a small time Elvis fan, sees the photo, and buys it for $100, a mere fraction of its true worth. Realising what a gem the item is, he rushes home to his computer and puts the item up on Ebay.

Mr Cooper is, in his own opinion, the worlds greatest fan of Elvis Presley. One day, in his search to find rare Elvis memorabilia, he happens upon a photograph on Ebay, being sold by a Mr Smith.

So the cycle continues.

Yeah, but LucasArts didn't give us any warning they were going to pull the plug on the GF soundtrack. Just one day it was gone. Its not like we decided we didn't want it and then changed our minds. Besides, I don't think RTX will live up to Grim Fandango in any way, least of all the music. I can live without this CD.

I have a triangular DOTT box, BUT it doesn't have the CD or the instruction manual (I think). def. no CD, I MAY have the instructions, I'll have to look tonight when I get home...

But if the insides were the same as the the rectangle box, it matters not, does it?

I mailed the CD-Rom and possibly instructions to a friend on the other side of the planet as a gift about 6 years ago. It never arrived. So I have a useless, partially empty, though nice and 3-sided DOTT box in my posession.

And as I'm cash strapped right now, I'm willing to consider parting with it for the right price.

You can PM me or email at jph @ hansen.net.nz (no spaces in the email addy, obviously)

My other cool thingie is the "Coming Soon" promo Floppy Disk Tie Fighter poster, with the "Coming Soon" tag able to be ripped off (perforated seam) the bottom for when the game was finally in-store.

Oh, yeah and I have the Farlander Papers & Steele Chronicles from my 1st edn X-Wing & Tie Fighter packages. They're OK.

jp-30: The 3-sided DOTT contains exactly the same like the later normal boxed release.

LucasArts had to pull the 3-sided thingie because it didn't fit well into the shop shelves.

The content was not changed (already pressed heaps of cds and printed manuals).

So a cheap way to make your 3-sided thingie complete is to buy a normal box release on Ebay and therefore beef up your copy.

I bought one of the two I possess for about $120 US on Ebay.com so you have an idea know what to expect if you make it as Ebay auction (with some nice pics and of course the word RARE) :)

Enjoy

I'm interested in that Grim Fandango pushy thingie aswell.

Was it with some of the releases or was it a press promo thing only?

• 9 months later...

Well I don't have any very impressive lucasarts-only merchandise, so i'll make this my top 3 'adventure-related' merch...

1) Entire collection of Sam and Max comics, including Surfin' the Highway, all mint, plus some advertising slides and promos :D

2) Concept art pencil drawing from the opening scene of Broken Sword 2 signed by Tony Warriner

3) Sam and Max baseball cap

Update: I now have every LucasArts game boxed in excellent condition. The last games I bought to complete this collection were Loom, Indy LC, Maniac Mansion and Zak.

Woot!

I'm still looking for special boxes, though, such as the Triangular DOTT box and that beautiful MI collection box with all 4 games in it.

--Erwin

Archived