Home

Are you a scary LucasArts collector?

Jake

I don't try to, but co-running Mojo means that I inevitably end up having a bunch of cool LucasArts crap in my posession that very few people can get their hands on. And, based on that Full Throttle Mini-Soundtrack thread, it sounds like a lot of people are in the same boat. So, just for the hell of it, why not list your top 3 to 5 items, and the number 1 thing you're missing that you'd like to get one of. No more than that though, to prevent this from turning into one of those annoying "list everything in your house" threads.

Here's my top 3:

Some of this stuff is quite one of a kind and will probably end up being given away in a Mojo contest at some point, assuming we ever have one.

1) Original black and white ink rendering of the Sam & Max Hit the Road badge logo that appeared on the side of the box (the one with the police badge in the background, and Sam & Max's heads in the upper left and bottom right). It's about 3 feet by 3 feet and you can see the pencil sketch lines under the more final ink.

2) Grim Fandango collectors edition box (the thick paperboard one that you got when you pre-ordered Grim from the company store, with all the signatures foil-embossed in, like the EMI box) hand-signed by Tim Schafer (he scribbled out his foil signature and wrote a new one directly underneath with the phrase 'Hey! This is where I sign')

3) Day of the Tentacle baseball cap :) It's blue.

And the thing I'm missing and want the most is: a triangular DOTT box. Those are so cool. I've seen a few of them before but they were definitely not for sale. :(

So, how about everyone else? Your favorite things in your collection, or the most obscure and stupid. Make the other obsessive dorks drool at you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alas I have nothing of interest save my old game boxes. My Monkey Island 2 and Full Throttle boxes hold a very special place in my heart though. My Dark Forces box is also nice.

I got Monkey Island 1, Loom and Indy and the Last Crusade (oh, and Pipe Dream) in a Mac CD game pack as well, so I have the original piracy protection gear and manuals for those games too. They are also looked after well.

This is the closest I get to ancient memorabilia.

Oh, I have a Jedi Outscast T-shirt as well. Yay for me. Or something.

:guybrush:

1. Some cute boy gave me an autographed/drawn-in copy of Surfin' the Highway for my 19th birthday. That's definitely my favorite item.

2. I've also got so much autographed LEC stuff I don't know what to do with it all, but I guess my favorite autographed game is the DOTT that Tim signed and put "vs." over the "and" in "Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman." It's the best, if for no other reason than the fact that he signed it in my presence.

3. I like my EMI pirate hat/grog/inflatable monkey, too. It's as if I just ripped off their entire display.

4. (yeah I know it's supposed to be the top 3) I forgot, I have Dom's first E3 pass that he used the title Guybrush on. That's kinda cool too.

Ok...

1. This is probably the Secret of Monkey Island fully boxed in shrinkwrap for the Sega Mega CD system. I've only ever seen it boxed once, and thats the copy I own.

2. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis movie sized poster of the box art.

3. Full Throttle Mini Soundtrack.

I guess those are the hardest to come by of all my items. I own all the classic adventures in their original boxes, which is good.

The things I desperately want, that I would kill for are:

The DOTT 3-sided box

The Grim Fandango Sountrack

Any LucasArts game for the FM Towns system - this includes Zak McKracken, Loom and Monkey Island 1.

I've got a LucasArts mousepad (woo?) from E3 this year, and also a very large and heavy Armed and Dangerous/KoToR/Rebel Strike poster. It's 1 of 3 different posters that were displayed at the lucasarts booth and stolen by given to Mixnmojo. This is probably my favorite piece of LEC schwag.

I have a very damaged, but still semi-playable copy of the Full Throttle mini-soundtrack, and I once owned a signed copy of Escape from Monkey Island that was once owned by Spaff, but I donated it to the Mixnmojo Ebay extravaganza about a year and a half ago.

Also, this isn't directly LucasArts-related, but last year I managed to get a couple very nice condition (this isn't an official condition level, but shh) Sam and Max comics from the 80's. Woot. Well, that's about it. Damn, I guess I have more of this stuff than I thought.

As for what I'm missing, I'd most like to get some sort of Sam and Max comic anthology a la Surfin' the Highway. I've tried several times to get StH online (ebay+multiple lying .com stores) with no success. :~ Hopefully Steve will make new comics and put together a new Sam and Max anthology at some point.

1. The soundtracks for The Dig and Grim Fandango

Got the The Dig soundtrack at CDnow! and the Grim Fandango CD at synSONIQ.

2. Sam & Max: Surfin' The Highway

I was smart lucky enough to buy this at Amazon like one month before it was sold out.

I don't have that much else, really. Certainly no autographed stuff or rare advertisements.

3. Loom CD and Indy 4 Talkie, like 4 different versions of the The Dig book...

I still need the prism DOTT box, the Full Throttle mini-soundtrack and the game with bandanna.

1. A Monkey Island 2 hint book signed by Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman.

2. A Monkey Island 1 code wheel signed by Tim. As an amusing side note, when I gave Tim the code wheel at E3 to sign, he bragged about he had to rivet some of the wheels together during the game's crunch mode. Shortly after he signed it at E3, it fell apart.

3. An autographed copy of Dave's book, just because I want to be like him when I grow up.

What I want is to finally get my autographed Psychonauts poster (ahem Jake)... and some kind of bootleg soundtrack of The Curse of Monkey Island taken directly from the original recordings, not the game's compressed audio.

Quez don't you already have the bandana?? I know someone does, dammit!! I can't believe it, I searched for this item last week and it found nothing!! Dammit!!!

Those CD-R's of beta copies of the games sounds interesting, is there anything radically different about them when compared to the gold versions? (which I assume are the versions available in shops etc)

If any of you ever want to sell any of your cool rare stuff, please please please tell me!

Okies I've been trying to get enough stuff to start some sort of LEC Museum eventually :)

You can find my complete collection here (fairly up to date):

http://www.xs4all.nl/~loom/lecness

My top 3 of my most precious lec possesions:

3 Fate of Atlantis Moviesized poster

2 Full Throttle Banana (have yet to receive this)

1 Triangular box DOTT

other name worthy items are: nightshift sealed, dig soundtrack (x2) and gf soundtrack

the one item i really want now is:

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

[boxed, sealed, PC]

other name worthy items I still need boxed are: maniac mansion, loom, zak mckracken

I got a copy of Monkey Island 2 boxed, sealed (macintosh, not pc) a few months ago and I opened it :) So screw you guys. Whats the point if you cant play with the mix-n-mojo codewheel and read the archaic Adventurer magazine inside?

I also have a copy of Night Shift, though its not in perfect condition and has been opened.

the ones in my collection, both the action and adventures games of both LC and FoA are 'normal' format

a friend of mine has FoA in small box

so if you have LC in small box, then indeed, they're both in both small and large boxes :)

i prefer large :D

Archived