Home

The Punisher

Darth Groovy

Well, I went and saw X-Men2, X-Men United again last night, but something in the lobby really caught my eye! I saw a movie poster for The Punisher! Now there was a time in my life where I followed certain comics that interested me. At the age of 13, I stumbled upon The Punisher, an ex CIA operative, who's family had been slayne, decided to become a vigilante, and had an incredibly cool costume! The comics were geared for adults, because they were very violent. And at the age of 13, the idea of a vigilante wreaking havoc with big honking guns, was more than enough to satisfy my appetite for distruction. The story was always movie material, but when they finally made a Punisher movie in the late 80's, they blundered....bad. First they cast Dolph Lundgren as the Punisher, and do to legal hassles, he could not even wear the signature skull on his outfit. The movie came off as a bad "B" grade action flick, and was lost in the bowels of time and taste for a good many years. Now with Marvel Comics on a role, with X-men, Spiderman, and Daredevil, they are giving the Punisher another chance.

This time around, the principal character of Frank Castle; (AKA The Punisher) will be played by Thomas Jane (The Shark Wrangler from Deep Blue Sea) the villian will be played by John Travolta, who I admit, can be a convincing bad guy when he wants to be. The film is scheduled for next summer, yet principal photography will take place in September. After seeing a load of success with Marvel recently, I believe the time is now right, and this movie has a potential of going places. I hope I am right this time around. Any Punisher fans here on LF? Speak up now!

Linkage

Oh my god, oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god!!!

The Punisher is the only one of the Marvel Comics series (excet Adam Warlock) that i've been collecting regularly. Anyways have you read the issue where he fights Wolverine, or how about the first issue of The Punisher hafter he was put on Jiatus for awhile, oh that was awsome, he made a kid think that a popsicle was a torch and slide it up against his back...wow he is a genius. I my opinion, i think they should get Hugh Jackman, because hes scruffy, but then how would it look if they wanted to make a wolverine cameo in it:confused: , or Adrien Brody because he might be skinny but hes perfect for the part of The Punisher. This movie looks crazy though can't wait for it.

EDIT: to b ad they got Thomas Jane to be the punisher, he doesn't fit the role at all, just like Bruce Banner in the hulk:

Hulk Star

22m.jpg

Should've been Bruce Banner

12m.jpg

I mentioned that I resemble Dolf Lundgren (nipples and all), so naturally I'm a huge Punisher fan. I know a lot of hardcore Punisher fans that hated the movie and well we all know how Hollywood can f movies up sometimes... but I think the new one will be great!

EDIT: I bought the Punisher at Walmart for $5.00 3 weeks ago.

punisher.jpg:cool:

An M60 with a 203 attached, is that NATO? :D

Apparently there is supposed to be some sort of teaser trailer at The Hulk premier. I am in no hurry to see The Hulk, because it looks pretty rediculous to me, but I was wrong about X-Men the first time around, and Daredevil was not nearly as stupid as I thought it would be either, so who knows. I almost want to see Hulk just for the damn Punisher trailer!:p

Yes Groovy is a big Punisher fan, and yes he has one of the coolest costumes in the Marvel universe! :D

punisher21.jpg

Originally posted by leXX

Looks cool. Let's hope they don't 'f' it up again.

Sooo many comic book hero films coming out! I'm not complaining though, I love comics.

Agreed, but they may as well do it now, while Hollywood is throwing Marvel comics the money, to make big budget comic book movies. It is better to see a film done right, even if it is during a popular fad. I remember how dissapointed I was with Spawn But I have seen about 4 good films that involve Marvel Comics characters... best to keep the ball rolling...

Yeah another super hero movie :rolleyes: Nah I kinda like those movies, I even like Batman 1, but it's becoming a real hype now :( Can't Marvel just make it easy? Anywayz, I don't think I'll see any of these movies in a theatre, but on DVD.

And comics aren't as popular here in The Netherlands (or Europe, for that matter) as in the USA, so not everyone knows all those comics. I for one have never read a marvel comic :)

Well if your a big Marvel fan then you would of noticed that the Punisher or Frank Castle was not an ex-CIA agent but was a ex-Marine. Just thought that I would drop that in but it looks like it can be a good movie if they get a good story and don't throw in silly character. I also think that you may have been talking about Solo, Groovy cause he was a ex-CIA operative.

:duel::lsduel:

i had a real cool punisher stud earing way back when, until it feel down the sink 'F!" anyhow i rember the dolphtastrophy movie didnt go see it, no skull no shirt no service. and speaking of cool dude check out da groovster's new siggy. it makes me go

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

punisher emodicon get the admins or whoever to make one.

Originally posted by Darth Eggplant

i had a real cool punisher stud earing way back when, until it feel down the sink 'F!" anyhow i rember the dolphtastrophy movie didnt go see it, no skull no shirt no service. and speaking of cool dude check out da groovster's new siggy. it makes me go

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

punisher emodicon get the admins or whoever to make one.

Hmm, maybe I should put some Punisher thing together. I can never stay away from Darth Maul, for any real length of time... I just can't.

I think Thomas Jane is going to be a great Punisher. He's not too small. If you've ever seen him in "61" or "Dreamcatcher" he's a pretty good actor. He's in my top five best actors. The other four are: 1. Tim Roth, 2. Aaron Eckhardt, 3. Sam Rockwell, 4. Kiefer Sutherland.

Archived