Home

The Matrix, archetecht in the first one?

The Cheat

Yes, but he was created to create so he really can't say he "created" the matrix, but then again, he is the architecht which would imply that he designed how the matrix works.

So now i'm going to kill you for making me agree tha it's a possibility.

Remember, that the Matrix world has robots that are sentient beings, able to think for themselves. That doesn't stop them creating a program to do the job of enslaving the humans via another program. I know that somewhere you have to start, but I suspect the Architect is a program himself, rather than an actual machine. Perhaps he began as a machine, but is now integrated into the Matrix purely as a program with no outside link, which would lend itself towards a self sustaining energy program.

I tend to also think that what we believe is Zion isn't real, would help explain how Neo is able to stop the machines, and how one of the agents made it into the "real world". But there is so much left to understand about it

here's something else, remember what neo had to go through to get all his powers in the matrix, he had to believe to get them, and since it was the "real world" for a long time he DIDN'T believe everything was the way it "is" now, maybe they're NOT out of the matrix, well, maybe they're STILL plugged into the matrix, but they THINK they're in the real world,

)-the matrix

))-the matrix and the "real world"

)))-the matrix, "real world", and the actual real world

see, there's the matrix, what we now THINK is the real world, but it's actually just another matrix, and they're all still plugged into it, but the program just lets them think that they're out (for the amusement of the machines or something) and that's how neo can stop the machines in the "real" world

just something i'd add

I think what you have said is close to what many of are thinking about what is the possible situation with the Matrix world.

Anyway, we only have to wait until November, and there is enough time for a few repeat viewings before ROTK hits Dec 17...

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

But how can the architecht be a program if he created the matrix

I jsut wanna get things straight though, how do we know what happened in this matrix is the same as all the others (on the lines of 6 matrixes)

The architect isn't a program as such. He's a machine created by other machines. His presence in the Matrix is just a representation of his consciousness (sp?) in the same way that 'people' in the Matrix are representations of people lying in tanks.

Are you familiar with Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? The humans create Deep Thought, a machine to find an answer to Life, The Universe and Everything. Deep Thought can't do it and so creates another machine to do the task. The Architect is like this other machine. The machines are capable of creating other sentient machines in the same way that humans are capable of reproducing, it doens't make their offspring 'programs'. The Second Rennaisance will explain more.

And then... I believe that the sequence of events the Architect is describing happens along the same lines, not exactly the same. The chosen one doesn't look like Keanu Reaves every time, he's just a human who happens to be the 'chosen one'.

The equation that is The Matrix has flaws (this is what the Architect discusses) these flaws will always lead to the emergence of 'The One' in some way, shape or form. Because of the predictable element of the Matrix, they know the path that The One will take, and will keep leading back to Zion and The Architect. This ties in with the theory that Agent Smith is a previous 'One'.

Have fun with all that :D

B.

Just another thought:

Since the Architect has explained this over and over and over before to different Neos, don't you think he's getting just a wee bit pissed off at having to explain the exact same thing 6 different times to the same guy? :D

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Just another thought:

Since the Architect has explained this over and over and over before to different Neos, don't you think he's getting just a wee bit pissed off at having to explain the exact same thing 6 different times to the same guy? :D

Yes :p

He was probably quite chatty the first time round, look how grumpy he is now.

:pB.

Originally posted by BLaCKouT_1138

He was probably quite chatty the first time round, look how grumpy he is now.

:p B.

That is probably not far from the truth. Remember when the architect was showing Neo the different versions of himself on the tv screens? One of them was Neo laughing. Seriously.

Hehehe, evil maserminds tend to get a little grumpy and probably agressive when they've explained their masterplan to the hero of the story, and all the hero does is laugh :)

But yeah, the architect DID look a lil' grumpy... Or was he just constipated? I guess all of that will be revealed in Matrix: Revolutions ;)

I think that when Neo entered that other door, the whole matrix would be reset, and then another chosen one had to be chosen... that explains why there where 5 before him, they all wanted to save zion and end it...

Neo saved trinnity, and @ the end of revolutions the people of Zion where killed.... So the matrix could not reset....

But now i dont know WHY the matrix needed to reset..

I think the Matrix needed to be reset to stop more people 'waking up', and adding to the population of the 'current' Zion.

When Zion is destroyed, all the 'waking' people are killed and the program starts again. Slowly, the flaws resurface and more and more people wake up, until the flaws result in 'the anomoly' ie Neo. Usually, The One will choose to return to the source and be re-assimilated into the code. This 'sixth' One, is differrent from the others, in his capacity to love, hence he chooses to save Trinity. (To confuse matters more, this can be seen as the 6th day of creation, with the Architect 'resting' or perhaps giving up after this one)

:DB.

I dont know how many theorys i have seen about what is the real matrix. how do we know that if they are in a matrix that it doesnt end after that. maybe it is like

-Matrix

-Matrix/Real World

-Matrix/Real World/The Real World

-Matrix/Real World/The Real World/The Really Real World

and so on and so forth. how do we even know it ends it just gets so confusing as to what is real and what isnt and if that is how it is then is anything real and could someone from a higher matrix enter the lower matrix like someone in the really real world enters the real world and through that they enter real world and through that they enter the matrix? meanwhile agent smith is going in the opposite direction taking control of the people of zion and once he takes control of them he will take control of the real world and once he is done there he will move on to the really real world and so on and just keep going

Originally posted by TheCheat

i think it is awesome that they are releasing 2 movies in the same year unlike some people who wait 3 years to release a sequel (cough gl)

The reason that Lucas hasn't released it in the same year is....................................................................

ITS NOT DONE YET! :p

Matrix was filmed all at once so they can do that.;)

i know it isnt done yet but i think it is cool that they shot them at the same time and think it would have been cool if lucas would do the same strategy, but i guess his situation is different since episode 3 takes place 3 years after aotc

my p.o.v on the architect is that he was the first machine who's A.I. came up with the idea for the matrix, and set about creating it. So he would obviously want a way to interact with it, and created the architect we see in the movie as a representation of itself within the matrix, so it could talk with 'the one'.

I think that when Neo entered that other door, the whole matrix would be reset, and then another chosen one had to be chosen... that explains why there where 5 before him, they all wanted to save zion and end it...

Well, actually the one is not chosen, so much as he just...is. He appears because of a remainder from an inbalanced equation in the matrix. The ones before him chose to return to the source to keep the matrix running and save humanity, at the cost of Zion, they chose like, 15 people who would be unplugged from the matrix and forced to rebuild Zion, restarting the cycle. The matrix must be reloaded in order to reset the equation that results in the creation of "the one" so that it can begin again.

i have a question...

you know in ETM when ghost goes to see the oracle, when she talks about a child 'who is very important'. that her 'oringal shell' was killed after her location was given to Merovingian by the parents to protect this child.

well what do you think she's going on about?

is this child the next 'one'? or it is something else, surely the next 'one' isn't important as Neo didn't reset the matrix. being the oracle she would know this would happen. so why is ths child important?

any ideas?

btw, "The Matrix Reloaded DVD will be released on October 28th"

O.K. Here goes. I've discussed/debated/argued about the matrix:reloaded with everyone I know since I saw it, and after some thought have decided to post this - the best possible explanations for all the unanswered questions.

1. The Matrix is an incredibly complex network of 'sites' if you like, i.e. one site is Zion, another is the matrix we have seen etc. This why at the end of the film Smith is able to get to Zion via the telephone and Neo can destroy the sentinels by using his power as the one. Neo, is The One - a statistacal anomaly which occurs due to incomplete operations and/or programs. The One is the only person able to defeat the perfect system by shutting it off at the source. The Architect is a machine, permenantly within the matrix, keeping everything as it should be. Preventing any 'problems' if you will. His previous perfect world matrix went belly up, so he created a lesser program to aid him, to perform the more mundane task of understanding human behaviour, noting how being within the matrix affected them. This would pave the way for a new, more down to earth world. The Architect and the Oracle were concordant (:D ) at the begining, each performing their own task as required. However, the Oracle became freethinking, as does Smith and the little french fecker (can't remember his name) and interacted with the humans. As She is of a lesser design, the Architect scoffs when Neo mentions her as the Mother, because she is hardly an Oracle, but a simple series of equations designed for mediocre objectives. *whew*

2. Neo. The One. Is a program. He is designed to be a sign of hope for the free people and is forever unsuspecting of his true nature. He does not know of his origin or 'fate'. The six previous were also programmed likewise, for when they reached the Architect they should select the right hand door, reload the matrix and the process shall begin again. This keeps the batteries in stasus, preventing a revolt and revolution (now you see what i'm getting at!). Should the matrix be reloaded by means of the one, the one is deleted and a new one programmed.

:eek::headbump :quesyel: :whacked:

well that all sounds very plausible.

the things that i think are different to what you said are...

i don't think neo is not a program..

firsty The Architect called him human. maybe a slip of the tongue, but remember that, as you said, neo is a statistical anomaly. meaning if 99.9999and so on% of humans will accept the matrix as real and 0.111111and so on% make up the population of zion, those who wont accept the matrix unless they know that it exists. then neo is the remainder. the 'one' who's only purpose in life is it return to the source, or the mathematical equation if you will, so that the figures can reset and the equation can start again. i.e the start of the next matrix. so he is human because the whole reason he is the 'one' is because he is the human that is the remainder of the equation.

the other thing is, i don't think the oracle is the 'mother'

i think she's just a program to guide the 'one' back to the source.

i think Persephone is the 'mother' a program that tries to understand human emotions so it can help the architect create the world which humans can accept.

that would explain all the kissing stuff. plus the oracle is too obvious.

of course what has happened this time is the 'one' has fallen in love. a love that would mean neo would rather the end of the human race to losing her alone.

a problem the machines would never have anticipated.

so the machines will lose all because their underestimation of the power of love.

now i need a lie down

Archived