Home

(((Jedi Academy News from JK2Files.com)))

astyanax

Thnx a lot . Its good to know that we have guys like you to keep us informed .

I'm a little disapointed that the dual sabers and saber-staff only have 1 stance. But all the other thing the mentioned were good , especially the roll-over the ground thing . I hated to be stabed while i was on the ground.:mad:

****!!! I made a big f*cking post, commenting on several issues, with quotes and everything, then I post, it says I included too many smilies and I LOST MY ENTIRE POST!! NOOOO!!!!

I'm SO PISSED RIGHT NOW :mad: :mad:

*sigh*

Well it was a very nice read... thx for the link...

That's a good read :)

The new sabers are their own saber stance, and there are new moves for each of the single saber stances.

each are their own stance? so they only have 1 for each of the new sabers. This will probably fix balance issues, which is good but might make us a little short on moves :(

Still, the single saber stances have extra moves :D

Too bad about only one stance for the duel/staff. I am glad that force powers (most) will still be available (push/pull) for these saber options though - at least for SP. I can see where maybe grip or mind trick or something would be left out, but not the basics.

I'm also looking forward to driving a swoop bike :). Maybe this game will be different enough to catch some extra attention.

Why hasn't someone asked about using one side of a staff or using one saber out of the two for a single saber option later in the game? I wish someone would ask that. I also wish someone would ask whether the different characters you pick will have different dialogue during the game or whether they will just have a male voice and a female voice.

Another nice *drip* of information ... ahhh ....

- So now we have confirmation of the confirmed confirmation that there are 6 possible species - Human male or female, Rodian male, Twi’lek female, Kel Dor male and Zabrak female. The '2000 combinations' are dress-ups of these.

- I actually kind of like the idea of the dual sabers / staff being a 'stance' of their own. They each are supposed to have quite a few moves, and the dual sabers have longer reach, the staff better for close combat. So we should have decent balance.

- I am glad that they ruled out the 'no force powers with staff' thing ... but I don't think it is definitive - there may be limitations, for instance.

- Riding swoop bike - cool. Sounds much better than the !&**&@%^$%&^# tanks from MoH Spearhead (just finished that in ~3 hours!).

Looks better each time ...

Mike

Originally posted by Luc Solar

The thing with "combining force powers" was a bit lame though...

I like that idea - we'll have to see how it plays out. I just hope it plays out as 'you can go through this dangerous area, or you can make an extended Force jump across the chasm' rather than 'we won't let you finish this level without a rediculously hard combo-jump, so quicksave and prepare to fall to your death 16 times before reloading at the last Academy savepoint so you can choose this as part of the 20% of missions you can skip'

Another obvious combo would be lightning-grip or lightning-push, which would be devastating dark side combos.

Mike

...and how the hell is Drain a new power? That one just sounded like the same old drain, excep that it now draws from health instead of force power.

The sabre stuff sounds potentially good. I'm guardedly optimistic that they'll have learned their lessons from last time. It still sounds like the sabres are going to be too weak, though. And as far as all stances being useful, that certainly wasn't true in the last game, but that was largely due to the damage models and the way special moves operated. I'm hoping that the new acrobatics and flashy moves will be well balanced, though the notion of the "stab the guy on the ground, miss, and be in BIG trouble" move is encouraging. As long as the uber moves have a corresponding downside to them, and as long as using the regular swings will be a viable way to kill someone (IE: you don't have to hit them 5 or 6 times to get a kill) things should work reasonably well.

Let's just hope LucasArts gets a clue and releases modding tools and lets the game be mod friendly.

I"m glad that more force powers can be used at the same time as swinging saber or shooting gun.

I like the drawing from health version of drain better, however that kinda makes lightning useless so I don't t hink it actually does that. I think its the same way as before. that wood Speed up fighting alot. Also, lights can fight drain now much easier than before, making for 1v1 ff sab worthwhile to be light. But I doubt it is like that and that I misread.

Vader actually did use his hands to choke the admiral guy.

The combining force part was a bit stupid, you could jump and use speed in jk1, i was tihking they meant drain+grip type thing so that it speeds up the kill and you take health at the same time.

:p

Oh and what Jerec done to Rahn sounds very similar to the new force drain. :p

Originally posted by JediLurker

Hmmm...likely no dismemberment as a feature. Unfortunate, but here's to hoping it's at least still featured as a code in SP. As for MP, maybe the mod community can do something about it.

There is a distinct difference in 'dismemberment' in the context of taking out stormies with your saber and seeing their hand fall, compared to SoFII, where someone surprises you, you take damage, then turn around and blow their head off (literally) with the shotgun, then proceed to blow off their limbs one at a time in revenge ...

I believe we'll continue to see JKII style dismemberment - at least in SP.

Mike

I agree with you there. Excessive blood and gore is not my cup of tea either. There doesn't need to be any of that, however. JO didn't have it and I was more than fine with it. I don't want dismemberment for the sake of dismemberment, but because that's the way it really should be. Without the code in JO, I felt more like I was hitting enemies upside the head with a giant glow stick rather than cutting them with a blade of energy. However, with the code, you get excessive dismemberment. I'd hit an enemy and he would literally fall apart. I agree that it'll probably be back and be much the same as JO, which I'll settle for, but I was hoping it would be a standardized feature and as such, more refined than the code. The example being your mention of cutting a hand off versus hacking them to pieces unintentionally by simply holding the saber near the falling body.

Originally posted by JediLurker

I agree with you there. Excessive blood and gore is not my cup of tea either.

I didn't say that ;)

I like games like JKII and MoHAA where there is no blood. RtCW with the blood seemed a bit much. But SoFII I liked the heavy gore. It fit well with the game.

Mike

I never played SoFII, so I don't know about that, but basically if it makes sense for it to be there, blood and gore is fine. That's where things tend to go wrong, though, which is why I don't particularly care for it in most games. Usually it's there just to be there.

But like I said, I'll settle for whatever comes. :)

Thanks for the link and heads-up, astyanax. :thumbsup:

As for dismemberment...I'd be disappointed to see any of the cheat codes removed. I hope they keep it like JO, if they're not going to have it as an option in the menus. Having said that, if they say they want dismemberment to be closer to the movies, then they should not forget there was a mid-section slice, arms cut off, and Vader's head chopped off in ESB (well, it wasn't really Vader, I know...but it was still a decapitation shown on screen).

Does this mean we'll see decapitations in the game by default? I'd have to doubt it.

It's good to have confirmation of Force power use with the new sabers.

And I can't wait to get my hands on that Swoop bike, which is now officially confirmed. :)

Thanks for the info man, JA seems to be getting better with each update!

The swoop is good news indeed imo. To me it sounds like there will be at least a huge, wide open spaced level at some point! Surely they wont have us driving a swoops through Coruscant or Yavin, slamming into trees and walls and having barely any room for it. This also screams possible pod racing modifications in the future.

Can't wait to see another trailer.

Originally posted by txa1265

I like that idea - we'll have to see how it plays out. I just hope it plays out as 'you can go through this dangerous area, or you can make an extended Force jump across the chasm' rather than 'we won't let you finish this level without a rediculously hard combo-jump, so quicksave and prepare to fall to your death 16 times before reloading at the last Academy savepoint so you can choose this as part of the 20% of missions you can skip'

I think the unfortunate scenario you described is all but in the game as we speak. I would even bet money that something like this will be in the game.

Archived