Home

Baboo wants a hunting shack

flaknugget

Hi there,

My name is Baboo in game, and those of you i've chatted with in game know I spend a lot of time on Rori building my Scout Xp.

I bought a house last week, and I got all itchy to place it in our little village, so I spent the 3000 creds it takes to get to corellia, and made a little pilgrimmage to our home. I saw three houses there, I went inside looked around a bit. Pretty soon I had 2 mean NPCs shooting at me, and apparently they shoot and run through the walls of our buildings. So I took off, without placing my building. I tried getting out of their range, coming back and sneakily dropping the house down, but I got shot down in the process.

Anyways, what I'm saying is, I like the location of our PA, and one day after we place a few turrets, and become stronger characters, I hope to spend a lot of time there. But as it is right now going there alone is suicide.

So since I'm pretty much living on Rori, I was wondering if it would be cool to place my house there. No, not as a new PA city, just as a little hunting shack in the woods. You would all be welcome if you're ever in the area.

And one day, after I'm a little stronger I'll buy another house, maybe even from one of our own PA architect and set up my real home on Corellia.

So... what do ya think?

Are turrets even an option? I've looked through the architects schematics and I don't think I've ever seen them. I think a long time ago there were plans for a "Combat Engineer" profession who could make those sort of things, but that got cut.

I've seen a section on the bazaar for turrets, so I'm assuming they will be made by someone, somewhere eventually.

But I think you guys are right. There probably are less, umm... agressive tactics of making our home safe, some day.

But what do you guys think about me building a PA shack on Rori?

I've got a nice spot picked out, furniture, and everything.

yes right now our town is a bit...dangerous the three times I went there today I saw..Swoopers..something else red to me forgat the name though..and a stormtrooper with an imperial general..of course I am going rebel :D but once we get more houses there I am sure stuff will stop spawning there..at our old location a terrorist camp was spawned there so at least we dont have tha tlooming over our town :D

I think they will add the turrets with player run cities as we know people will most likely build some faction towns and want defense. But if you look at the perks of being an Imp they offer Turrets to its members along with troops and AT-ST (you buy them and they will follow you and defend/fight for you)

I'm there at the HQ alone alot...Oh well. Also CorTech another PA is building a small settlement for resources near us. I suggest we might have a talk with the leaders of this PA. If they are just building here to suck the resources dry I think we should get them to leave...This may be rude but we were there first.:rolleyes:

I am good friends with Caydyn the guy whose house in near ours if anyone should talk to him I think that it should be me. Hopefully I will be able to get on soon.

Caydyn is a great guy and an awesome tailor so if someone else other than me talks to him about this make sure and be nice ok

Originally posted by flaknugget

Just out of curiousity though, am I the only person that is ever on Rori?

Yes, though I think I'm going to come and visit you soon. :)

I could use all the scout exp I can get! :D

look me up when you get there guys.

I still have a few thousand more Xp to gain.

In answer to Ride, about what the scouting is like on Rori. Well I suspect it's no different from a lot of other starting planets, but I haven't spent much time anywhere else so who knows. The beasts are moderate. But the overall player population is very low on Rori, so I'm not fighting for the same kill as someone else. All I do is run circles around Restuss City and kill all the tiny critters that hang out there. Most are one shot kills, and offer about 50 Xp a piece for harvesting them. I'll usually find these critters in groups between 5 and 10.

Once the available weapons reach an adequate level for the skill I have, I may move on to bigger, badder, beasts. As it is right now... I can spend 3-5 minutes killing a male squall for 90 scout Xp, or 10 seconds killing a small nightspider for 50 scout Xp, or spend 3 minutes killing a group of tiny critters for 300-500 scout Xp.

I just read some posts about gaining Scout Xp from using mask scent, in the professions area on the official boards . I never thought of doing this until now. But it seems a lot of folks are making big Xp on Lok just walking around and not being noticed by creatures. I'm going to try that tonight, give my impressions of it tomorrow.

Silly me, I'll read that manual one day.

Personally, I think it's really silly that the scouting profession requires 3 entirely different types of Xp. Each requires very specific tasks to complete.

Out of Survival, Trapping, and regular Scout Xp, I find Scout to be the hardest.

Scouting Xp comes from harvesting resources. And now I've been told it can also come from being stealthy.

I'll let you know if that's true or not if the servers ever let me play my character ever again.

/wookieeroar

Ok here is how you can gain xp in scouting

Smae type xp neede for explore and hunting

get it by harvesting from creatures you have killed

Put on mask scent and walk near red dotted creatures will get xp if they do not detect you; however you will have to constantly be refrshing your masked scent

Get xp from foraging I never do this

Trapping

Get xp by throwing traps you have made and the traps successfully going off this one takes a long time I'm only at trap 2

Survival

Get this by make camp and resting in it more people in camp and longer camp up more xp. THis too can take awhile if you solo like I do

Archived