Home

Help wanted for Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 fan movie

Lindsey

I am planning a Star Wars fan film based in the Jedi Knight 2 game. Details are still being worked out, but I need about 31 people to help out. I also need a server that can support 32 players. Once done, the movie will appear on atomfilms.com which is a site that contains a number of star wars films. Players that sign up must be able to follow certain tasks. I am planning to shoot this movie using motion capture. For most of the movie I will be in spectator mode to capture the action from different angles. 1 of the levels I will be using is the Sand Arena 2 level. I plan to make an episode 2 like final end to the movie. So some players in battle droid skins would fight jedi. Then after a bit a couple of jedi would confront the evil sith. The movie would have a couple more levels to move the story along, but those are still being worked out. Anyone who signs up must also have the duelers mod 1.2.1 because of all the custom saber hilts, you might also want to get the duelers skin pack as well. When enough people sign up, I will lay out the rest of the needs of the movie. This is a great idea for a great movie so please reply to this thread saying you want in!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My script is nearing completion. The level needs will be posted here soon, but everyone will need the battle droid MP models from jediknight.net files section. I need more people to sign up to be battle droids and jedi.

My script calls for a Sith hacker player, a Bounty Hunter sidekick to the sith fellow, and 7 members besides me that belong to a JK2 Beta Testers Elite group in the movie. It also came to mind that some of the main players in the movies will need doubles in spec. mode to chat for them during the action parts. Otherwise in parts like saber holds or quick scenes, chat windows will go up and there will be a long pause, not very movie like. Chat doubles will still have a chance to play in the movie, they just have to take turns chatting for the main people one in a while. Chat doubles will also have to have the same name as the player they are talking as. Sith skins are still being thought of, but the bounty hunter skin comes from the file Mandalorian on jediknightii.nets file section. This file has a ton of jango/boba like suits, and I plan to use many of them in the movie. I've only got six people signed up in this thread. I need a 25 more, and some extra people in case some players get caught up in other things. plz sign up now!! :fett:

My script calls for a Sith hacker player, a Bounty Hunter sidekick to the sith fellow, and 7 members besides me that belong to a JK2 Beta Testers Elite group in the movie. Sith skins are still being thought of, but the bounty hunter skin comes from the file Mandalorian on jediknightii.nets file section. This file has a ton of jango/boba like suits, and I plan to use many of them in the movie. I've only got six people signed up in this thread. I need a 25 more, and some extra people in case some players get caught up in other things. plz sign up now!! :fett:

Wouldn't it be better to dub in actual speaking rather than have doubles typing in chat that appears briefly in the corner of the screen? Having doubles type stuff in during action scenes would be very difficult to coordinate as well as hard to read with all the other messages like "so and so killed so and so". Look at what happens during a fast-paced game: chat is up there for less than a second before it's replaced by "Player A blasted Player B". And people wont be able to open up the console in the movie to scroll up and see what somebody said. Using "chat doubles" also uses up limited and valuable spots on the server.

I really enjoy media projects using JKO and other fps games. I have made several myself and understand the work involved. I would like to help out, I have watched about 90% of the films at the site you mentioned and think your project will go over well.

Please allow me to assist, I follow orders very well.

PS I joined your ctf match there the other day and helped you catch blue up and pass red for the finish.

Admin Amidalia has givin me a new idea, when im editing the movie parts, ill put larger text in. A computer whiz friend of mine is helping with the motion capture, and says this is possible. The movie dubs are a good idea, and I plan to have some music and sounds from the battle at geonosis, but voicing is difficult, and most online games in reality don't have them yet. This movie is supposed to be set in the online world. Thanks to all the people that are signing up. If we want to get this thing moving soon tho, we all have to ask around online if anyone wants to be in the movie. :bdroid2:

Ok I think I've have the story worked out, so I've made a list of files you will need for the movie. You will need Duels Mod 1.2.1, Battle Droid MP models, The duel level KaminoX, the Sand Arena 2 level, the skin file Movie_Models (these contain clone troopers)and the Mandalorian Skin pack. It is important that you have all these files, as some players may switch skins at different times throughout the shooting of the clips. I also need more people to sign up. Theres lots of room, so plz join our project now!!

Archived