Home

Post a funny bit from EMI

Ryback

(This topic inspired by recent debate on EMI)

It could be a passage of dialogue, a strange bit of animation, maybe just a particular character's voice.

Personally I always liked the short exchange when you spray the Pegnose perfume at Deadeye Dave:

Dave: Dang, that's some weird smelling stuff you sprayed at me. Guess I can't complain though, since... [Pegnose's real name] ...is my best customer.

Guybrush: Really?! He's my... uuh... really good friend... yeah. I lost track of him, and uuh... missed him so much that I made a little odor potion to remind me of him.

Dave: Ok, too much information.

There is only one funny thing in Escape from Monkey Island, the puppet show starring little Guybrush and LeChuck puppets.

Guybrush - "No, no, no. You're forgetting the importance of..."

LeChuck - "WENCHES!!!"

Guybrush - "Well yes, but I think you need to rationalise..."

LeChuck - "SCHADENFREUDE!!!"

Guybrush: How can you be a bouncer without any arms?

Murray: Simple, look points to looks at man walking past hey you, yeah you, get out of my restaurant!

Man: But I'm not in you-

Murray: Yeah, I told you to get out, now out! man walks away See?

Guybrush: Impressive.

Heh, there's so many.

"I think I tossed a bon-mot in a food fight once" (I probably got that quote wrong)

Also all those times Guybrush trys to hit on The Harbor mistress and Britney.

"Hey baby... you can sail my boat away any time of the week"

There's another bit with the puppets I love...when Guybrush is using them to trick Admiral WhatsHisName Casaba into firing the cannonball at him...you can choose from multiple dialogue options to start a conversation that rapidly de-evolves into an argument between the two puppets...

Suffice it to say, though, that Guybrush loses control of them and they start arguing amongst themselves without him. "Guys? Uh...guys...?" And then, finally, he says, "I...think I have some deep seated issues I need to work out here." or something of the sort. Cracks me up every time.

And then there's the part where Guybrush figures out Herman's his grandfather-in-law, shrieks "Grandpa!" and hugs him, and Herman/H.T. freaks out and just about throws him off. *snicker*

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by FireCam (Jonas)

EMI had many really funny parts... it's a shame it was so bad :(

Isn't that paradoxical...?

Anyway:

The cutscenen before Guybrush is taken to Monkey Island. I can't remember the lines but at some point Ozzie and LeChuck start laughing. Guybrush doesn't understand what they're laughing about but he still joins them. Yes, that sure was groovy.

• 1 month later...

I love Guybrush's conversation with Ozzy.

Guybrush: What's with all the dead animals?

Ozzy: I like having them around. They remind me of where I came from.

Guybrush: Burbank?

Ozzy: I'm a man with a vision.

Guybrush: Really? Me too. What are yours like?

Ozzy goes on about a world free from pirates

Guybrush: Oh. Mine are just about ice cream.

• 4 weeks later...

"OH,

This lava's hotter than a flame broiled otter

and ma' shoes are showly meltin' to the fiberglass floor"

You've befouled my platapus!

Good Gravy!This that a dagger I see before?

But........it's pink........

.......its..........pink .........

The sign in the prison. I can't remember the quote, but I can write in Latin, and it translates as " Piracy is the law of the sea "

Or something like that.

That Funky Monkey!

What will we do tomorrow brain?

The same thing we do everyday pinkie,TRY TO TAKE OVER THE CARRIBEAN!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(I know this is CMI, but what the hey)

Murray: I will stride through the gates of hell, carrying your head on a pike!!!

Guybrush: Stride??

Murray: Okay roll. Roll through the gates of hell

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, besides the puppet show, the chessplayers (Santiago and Castenada) are always the thing I listen to when I need a laugh. The accents are a big part of what makes their words hilarious.

Santiago: Can I help it that I have a wide variety of interests that cause my mind to wander?

Castenada: A wide variety of CULINARY interests, you mean.

Santiago: Well, I never!

Castenada: You never MOVE, you mean!

Castenada: Don't tell me you're going to count THAT!

Santiago: You bet your bony butt I am.

Castenada: YOU UNbeLEIVable JERK!

"Yeah. Sure. I'll just break that reinforced glass by banging my head on it! That'll certainly mess up the carpet." --G.T.

"What kind of word is 'flume,' anyway? Flume. Flume. Flooooooooom. Fleume." --G.T.

And it's not exactly funny, but I thought the phrase "kudu jerky" was just a comical combination of nouns (like Jim Davis's "sparrow gumbo")...until I suddenly remembered what a kudu is. Eek.

Akril

Archived